• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

Happens every time apple releases a new product lol. And everyone is wrong. I'm not interested in any smart watch but I'm not going to make a comment either way. If anything it'll be super successful.
Yeah its not about it being succesful or not.

They sit on 50 billion dollars and all they come up with is a 10k watch. With 50 bil to potentially invest into R&D all they come up with is how to best use the Beats by Dre strategy.

well, my instant reaction is "who the fuck would spend that much money on that?" so i assume the answer is 'millions of people' and i need to call my bro and see if he's going for the gold...

Drifters

Happens every time apple releases a new product lol. And everyone is wrong. I'm not interested in any smart watch but I'm not going to make a comment either way. If anything it'll be super successful.

However someone made the comment which is apt in this case... Apple has gone full parody of itself with its pricing. It's like their tagline to their company should read

A P P L E
"We're so rich, we don't give a shit."

Toki767

Yeah, I respect that they went all-in on type C, scrapping all other ports in favour of it. That should get shit moving real fast.

I'm torn on that. As much as I'm glad they went with it, having only one port that then uses an adapter to split out into 3 more ports is just silly.

This is one thing I dislike about Android...all the time. It's like hey 5.1 is official. OK. Where is it? lol.

Just gotta wait with your thumb up your ass hoping you're not the one who ends up waiting months. And I'm talking about for nexus devices!

This is one thing I dislike about Android...all the time. It's like hey 5.1 is official. OK. Where is it? lol.

Just gotta wait with your thumb up your ass hoping you're not the one who ends up waiting months. And I'm talking about for nexus devices!

how are people with Motorola handsets still waiting on 5.0.x? i thought they were the champs?

how are people with Motorola handsets still waiting on 5.0.x? i thought they were the champs?
it's all about the pure edition or bust with moto phones

Maybe moto did the smart thing and said fuck it until 5.1 comes out. Either way it's super annoying. Oh here is this blog post about our new update. It's out guys!!! *nobody gets it*.

/android

Saiyan-Rox

Maybe moto did the smart thing and said fuck it until 5.1 comes out. Either way it's super annoying. Oh here is this blog post about our new update. It's out guys!!! *nobody gets it*.

/android

Google have been getting more and more vauge when it comes to lollipop rollouts for nexus devices. Makes you wonder why? :S

Google have been getting more and more vauge when it comes to lollipop rollouts for nexus devices. Makes you wonder why? :S
they are a company with no priorities lol

They just do things all willy nilly. Like a really smart child. Meanwhile 8.2 came out on ios and guess what. Already downloaded.

Got a Note 4 recently and have been enjoying it quite a lot. Great screen and the battery life is just about as long as my old Note 2 was.
they had 1 port for a while now tho...

I think they were talking about the new Macbook Apple just announced with the single USB-C port.
Even the smallest Macbook Air model has 2 USB-3 ports, a Thunderbolt port, and (I think) a charging port. This new Macbook only has one USB-C port for charging, usb accessories, and video out. I've got a little Dell Win 8 tablet that only has one MicroUSB port and it's a pretty annoying limitation.

Fjolle

/android

Heh. My Moto g just got 5.0.2...

And i had to flash a stock 4.4.4 to make it work. Cool!

Saiyan-Rox

they are a company with no priorities lol

They just do things all willy nilly. Like a really smart child. Meanwhile 8.2 came out on ios and guess what. Already downloaded.

I can understand why they do staged rollouts but at the same time it is very annoying. Long as the factory images go up soon and the update fixes the N6 sound issues then I'll be happy enough

Congrats on the Apple Watch icon, I guess?
from the other thread, other than health app:

Stability Enhancements

-Increases stability of Mail
-Improves stability of Flyover in Maps
-Improves stability of Music
-Improves VoiceOver reliability
-Improves connectivity with Made for iPhone Hearing Aids

Bug Fixes

-Fixes an issue in Maps that prevented navigating to some favorite locations
-Addresses an issue where the last word in a quick reply message wasn’t autocorrected
-Fixes an issue where duplicate iTunes purchased content could prevent iCloud restore from completing
-Resolves an issue where some music or playlists didn’t sync from iTunes to the Music app
-Fixes an issue where deleted audiobooks sometimes remained on the device
-Resolves an issue that could prevent call audio from routing to car speakers while using Siri Eyes Free
-Fixes a Bluetooth calling issue where no audio is heard until the call is answered
-Fixes a timezone issue where Calendar events appear in GMT
-Addresses an issue that caused certain events in a custom reoccurring meeting to drop from Exchange calendar
-Fixes an certificate error that prevented configuring an Exchange account behind a third-party gateway
-Fixes an issue that could cause an organizer’s Exchange meeting notes to be overwritten
-Resolves an issue that prevented some Calendar events from automatically showing as “busy” after accepting an invite.

all I know is apple released an update and I can download it on any ios device I have. This is 2015. Google pls.

Got a Note 4 recently and have been enjoying it quite a lot. Great screen and the battery life is just about as long as my old Note 2 was.

I think they were talking about the new Macbook Apple just announced with the single USB-C port.
Even the smallest Macbook Air model has 2 USB-3 ports, a Thunderbolt port, and (I think) a charging port. This new Macbook only has one USB-C port for charging, usb accessories, and video out. I've got a little Dell Win 8 tablet that only has one MicroUSB port and it's a pretty annoying limitation.

oh, they had two? my bad... for some reason i thought the Air had one.

Hasney

I just don't understand the update rush. Maybe because I installed iOS 4 on my iPhone 3g so every update is cautious as it is since then and with all the apps getting updated separately now, I'm not bothered if I'm 3 months behind if everything is working nicely for me. I mean, that had to be done to update Mail when they may have pushed out a quicker update by just using the app store to update it.

Unbundling was the best thing Google did.

I just don't understand the update rush. Maybe because I installed iOS 4 on my iPhone 3g so every update is cautious as it is since then and with all the apps getting updated separately now, I'm not bothered if I'm 3 months behind if everything is working nicely for me. I mean, that had to be done to update Mail when they may have pushed out a quicker update by just using the app store to update it.

Unbundling was the best thing Google did.
well it's great you're not affected but my nexus 9 for instance has performance issues and it's pretty annoying because it's the one thing stopping it from being pretty great.

Th rush for an update comes because either 1) brings lots of new features you really want or 2) your device isn't running well and you need them fixes. Or both!

Quasar

Watch Edition truly is a work of art.

They do seem to be trying hard to rebrand themselves as the 1 percenters brand.

But really this is just like the 1G ipod. I'd be waiting a few cycles to jump in to watches. Well if I had any interest in wearing a watch.

I bet Apples low end would have malware if it existed!!

h5nsORt.jpg

kharma45

I've got the smallest Thinkpad with an i5 vPro and it's glorious. 5 USB ports, ethernet, SD Card and works great, bar the touchpad, but I hate all touchpad, so no biggie.

My X1 Carbon doesn't have that.

3x USB, Mini DP and an SD card reader. Newer model (Gen 2 on) adds HDMI.

I learned about the Apple watch and the new Macbook. I'm at a loss for words. Watch looks ugly as fuck and the laptop is literally $1500 paperweight.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Hopefully we should know after a day or so if indeed the memory leak is fixed.

All the shit in the blog post is secondary fluff to the memory leak.

Top Bottom