• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

Mindwipe

What LED light issues?

The new sound settings meant that it was impossible to have no audio alerts but keep LED notifications on.

Which was crazy dumb.

(That said, it seems like it's also now impossible to have no LED notifications at all, which isn't much better...)

tzare

but what about bloatware, lag, and unusable fingerprint sensor?

Plus, doesn't fake leather just become sticky over time?
How is fingerprint sensor unusable? Mine works great. Occasional lag. Can deal with it. Bloat. Disable it. 5 minutes. Done.
Fake leather is great since it won't slip away.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Flashed 5.1 on my N10 and my N5. Now the wait to flash on my N6 begins.

They do. They're wrong, but they do.

Edit:
There are a lot of great things about the Note 4, but if you're trying to argue that bloat isn't a weak point you're sorely mistaken.
I almost forgot how simple and minimal my Nexus was until I used a Note again recently.
Sure you can tame the bloat by putting in effort, but I do not miss those days at all (Droid Razr line), and realizing my Nexus was soooo minimal OOB was a huge treat.

there are great things like the Samsung browser, Samsung email, Samsung Calendar, Samsung photos and Dropbox all needlessly duplicated on the Note 4 by Google bloatware.

Hasney

there are great things like the Samsung browser, Samsung email, Samsung Calendar, Samsung photos and Dropbox all needlessly duplicated on the Note 4 by Google bloatware.

o7XDuD8.gif

What is this, opposite day?

This could be the first app I'm going to buy on Google Play. I haven't even entered any payment options yet and refused to, every time it pops up on the Play Store.

But that app looks really, really good.

I'm using Podcast Addict and while it does its job well and has all the options I need, it's not pleasant to look at. Not a single bit.

Ocho

This could be the first app I'm going to buy on Google Play. I haven't even entered any payment options yet and refused to, every time it pops up on the Play Store.

But that app looks really, really good.

I'm using Podcast Addict and while it does its job well and has all the options I need, it's not pleasant to look at. Not a single bit.

Should've done a while ago, man. I even paid for the web version. No regrets.

3phemeral

I'm tempted to try out PocketCasts but I already bit into the BeyondPod pie. I mean, my Google Opinion Rewards credit can pay for it (bless based Google for giving me ~$30 of survey money to date to pay for curiosity-interest apps), but it costs a third of what I have left and it takes a while to build up that money.

Wreav

Banned
People who refuse to spend money on mobile apps are so strange. It's 4 bucks. I probably used 4 bucks worth of TP the last time I wiped my ass.

Maybe I'm just used to it from being so heavily involved with the iOS ecosystem.

Hasney

People who refuse to spend money on mobile apps are so strange. It's 4 bucks. I probably used 4 bucks worth of TP the last time I wiped my ass.

Maybe I'm just used to it from being so heavily involved with the iOS ecosystem.

Maybe you have severe digestive problems that should probably be looked into by a medical professional.

Shouldn't be buying TP if you aren't rich.

3phemeral

The difference is, I already have a player that probably matches PocketCasts' function for function. It seems most the comments here are related to UI design, and $4 is a hefty price for superficial elements.

Not that hard to grasp.

I hate this shit. I work with 6 developers and not one of them has purchased an app before.

The difference is, I already have a player that probably matches PocketCasts' function for function. It seems most the comments here are related to UI design, and $4 is a hefty price for superficial elements.

Not that hard to grasp.
hefty $4 lol

i wouldn't support them because i still remember their low class backpedal in the AAAOTD fiasco

ameratsu

Hey everyone, I recently broke the screen on my nexus 4. Just wondering how I can retrieve my data (mostly music) via usb when I can't unlock my phone via passcode due to a non-functioning screen. As I understand it, your phone must be unlocked to be mounted with windows.

Hasney

Hey everyone, I recently broke the screen on my nexus 4. Just wondering how I can retrieve my data (mostly music) via usb when I can't unlock my phone via passcode due to a non-functioning screen. As I understand it, your phone must be unlocked to be mounted with windows.

Yup, you need to unlock. I don't really think there's anyway around this as it's a security feature.

I hate this shit. I work with 6 developers and not one of them has purchased an app before.

Sometimes there's just no need to buy an app. Like I said, I'm using Podcast Addict right now and it absolutely does everything I need, from a functionality standpoint. It manages my 5 subscriptions, auto-deletes episodes after finishing them, downloads them right on schedule, automatically cleans up, keeps the amount of episodes I want it to keep and has a flexible speed adjustment setting (x.1 increments).

The worst thing I can say about the app: It's not pretty.

Not super ugly (it got better!), but just not pretty. Otherwise it works perfectly fine for me. For free (with a small ad banner at the bottom). It does mess with the perception of software value, though.

The only other app I bought was Reeder on iOS. And that was before the shutdown of Google Reader. I haven't bought the new version and I don't think I will.

Oh my dog Pocket Casts is beautiful.

It doesn't nail Material design 100%, but it's pretty damn close. Certainly closer than most app developers have gotten.

Top Bottom