• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

Hasney

Sprint is claiming the N6 5.1 rollout should start today, which would make sense if the Verizon version is out tomorrow.

Canadian prices for the S6:

Galaxy S6 32GB $749.99 no-term, $249.99 on a 2-year contract
Galaxy S6 64GB $859.99 no-term, $359.99 on a 2-year contract
Galaxy S6 128GB $969.99 no-term, $469.99 on a 2-year contract

Galaxy S6 edge 32GB $849.99 no-term, $349.99 on a 2-year contract
Galaxy S6 edge 64GB $959.99 no-term, $459.99 on a 2-year contract
Galaxy S6 edge 128GB $1,069.99 no-term, $569.99 on a 2-year contract

good god lol. So the BASE model of the S6 edge is going to run you 400 bucks after taxes. That's ON contract.

GG.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Canadian prices for the S6:

good god lol. So the BASE model of the S6 edge is going to run you 400 bucks after taxes. That's ON contract.

GG.

My wallet is about to get much lighter.

On a positive note, hopefully that means the Edge won't be too common :D

teiresias

After two and a half days with 5.1 on my Nexus 5 and having had no screen redraws and no app crashes I think I'm ready to declare . . . "this phone is clean."

Also, not a fan of the Pocketcasts update. All my title art is smaller rather than full width of the screen now.

Hasney

After two and a half days with 5.1 on my Nexus 5 and having had no screen redraws and no app crashes I think I'm ready to declare . . . "this phone is clean."

Also, not a fan of the Pocketcasts update. All my title art is smaller rather than full width of the screen now.

faint.gif

BE GONE, DEMONS! HALLELUJAH!

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
The Nexus 5 getting 5.1 before the N6 just further demonstrates that the N6 is a bastard. I understand if the N6 got 5.1 before the N5 so Google can give attention to its latest phone. It happened when the N5 succeeded the N4. But this time, damn, N6 is bastard confirmed.

Hasney

The Nexus 5 getting 5.1 before the N6 just further demonstrates that the N6 is a bastard. I understand if the N6 got 5.1 before the N5 so Google can give attention to its latest phone. It happened when the N5 succeeded the N4. But this time, damn, N6 is bastard confirmed.

I think it's more to do with some weird requirement or deal with Verizon, so it can debut in their phone. I mean it's already allegedly on those devices, they just haven't rolled it out yet

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I think it's more to do with some weird requirement or deal with Verizon, so it can debut in their phone. I mean it's already allegedly on those devices, they just haven't rolled it out yet

Debut 5.1 on a phone you could have bought elsewhere for months? That doesn't make any sense.

Saiyan-Rox

Makes it even worse that the announcement had the N6 featured on it. would love to know what Google is thinking with releasing these updates in such a weird way.

Groof

5.1 was doing so well. It might be a rogue app or something, but in the last couple of hours I've been getting weird slowdowns and lags. Had a few home screen redraws as well. Nothing quite as serious as before, though, so that's a huge plus.

Won't reboot though. I need to see if this is just a passing thing, app gone rogue or if it's a mem leak of some sort.

edit: as for pull to refresh in Chrome... why not make it a double swipe down so you can refresh from anywhere on the page? It's not very useful without being able to quickly go to the top otherwise.

Rootbeer

Banned
new pocketcasts update looks fantastic!

I hate waiting for OTA updates :(

Guess I'm gonna take the time to flash my nexus 5 to 5.1 this weekend, sigh. Apple makes this so much easier. Once it's out it's out. No waiting bullshit.
useless until chrome supports tap-to-top of page.
How in the hell can they still not have this? Would make gaf browsing all the easier. At least GAF has that little arrow to help you go up/down but it really should be a browser feature
iphone 6 prices for the 3 tiers are:

16gb $264 99

64GB $374 99

128GB $484 99

6+ is obv more.
So help me if Apple doesn't drop 16GB as the baseline for their 2015 phones, people need to start sitting their teacups down and get busy rioting.

The Z3 is great. Really, really great. Fast, screen is superb, touch response is excellent, it feels nice in my hand, the size is manageable and it just works.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
The Z3 is great. Really, really great. Fast, screen is superb, touch response is excellent, it feels nice in my hand, the size is manageable and it just works.

Do you ever get keyboard lag using the Xperia Keyboard? I find that happens occasionally

Do you ever get keyboard lag using the Xperia Keyboard? I find that happens occasionally

Already switched to the Google keyboard and that doesn't have any issues. Sony's own apps are hit an miss though, my experience of Sony's keyboard on my Z tablet is not great.

Saiyan-Rox

And now the rumours of a 2015 nexus "5" starts again xD

Would have expected the new pixel to be shown at I/O (which is soon isn't it?)

If a chromebook ran full Android, I'd be all over one so fast. Fuck Chrome OS.

I'm the opposite if they brought out a tablet with Chrome OS id be all over that!

Doesn't say. Says 5th generation, but it could still be a Core M, although I'd hope not.

I'd assume it was due to the "premium" price. with the premium price of this the N6 I really hope Google aren't becoming Apple :( have to admit I hated paying the price for the N6.

Top Bottom