• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

Mindwipe

TIL you cannot use bluetooth file transfer to send an .apk.

It will just silently fail with no useful error message. It took me ages to work out why it was broken.

If you zip the file then it sends fine.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Nexus 6 Android 5.1 image adds Verizon app for everyone

3WiNAGT.png

got dammit

j-wood

Well I have to send my two week old nexus 6 back to Motorola. I have a case on it it, and the phone fell out of my pocket whine i bent over to tie my shows, so not even a foot. Vibration completely stopped working. Ugh.

asdad123

Good to hear. I can't make it through a work day currently. Hell, I've been down to 30% before I even got to work before.

The phone is awesome. I completely recommend it.Mines been off the charger for 36 hours with 2.5 hours of screen time and I'm only at 52. Sony engineers are some damn wizards with this battery life.

kharma45

I'm guessing it'd be locked to O2 and would then need unlocking?

Edit: Found a HUKD thread discussing it. Cheers, Kharma.

O2 will unlock contract phones for free. Do that then do the refresh magic. The HUKD thread should explain all.

Edit - forgot it wasn't a refresh deal. Still, if you know anyone with an O2 contract they can unlock it for free.

Ocho

Do I need to unlock my bootloader to run the 5.1 OTA for my Nexus 6? I thought it was only needed for factory images.

Edit: found it's not needed

Top Bottom