• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Angina's tough!!" Rock Band 2 Track And Spec Info (& Dreams) Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
123rl said:
It better be about a PAL release date or Harmonix can suck one...I'm not paying for any more DLC until I have a PAL release date for Rock Band 2 (after The Who, of course :D)

I hope it's something a little more flashy than that.

BigBlackGamer said:
at this point im pulling for my PAL buds. RB2 is already amazing enough.

I...guess.

(But maybe also throw in an announcement about Soul Coughing exclusivity with all three albums available in their entirety Tuesday morning?)

123rl

I'd love some bigger and better announcements but they mean nothing to me if it means I'm waiting a year before I get to play the damn thing. I don't see the problem with a simultaneous release though - they already sell the game and instruments separately so just sell the game on its own and bring out the instruments afterwards if there'll be a shortage. It's simple. The only reason not to do it is if they don't WANT to do it

Onemic

RattleHead_ said:
Didn't see this posted yet, if it was just ignore.
http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11429

Latest IGN Gamescoop says HUGE RB2 announcement Monday
Right before the end of the latest IGN Gamescoop Podcast, an editor says "huge Rock Band 2 announcement... Hugemungus"

Plugging in ION drumset makes RB2 recognize it and make highhat/crash/ride notes look different than regular pad notes?? A man can dream can't he?

it would be cool if the big RB2 package came with the stage light kit thats coming in august. RB2 package I think will be guitar, light kit, drums, mic and the game itself for 200 bones.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
BenjaminBirdie said:
I...guess.

(But maybe also throw in an announcement about Soul Coughing exclusivity with all three albums available in their entirety Tuesday morning?)

Hey. Come on man, we need all the love we can get over here.

<3

sneaky77

is ign and they tend to overhype.. my theories is

official release dates and price

R1 disc songs will work with Rb2 official announcement

New instruments to go on sale next week

BigBlackGamer said:
it would be cool if the big RB2 package came with the stage light kit thats coming in august. RB2 package I think will be guitar, light kit, drums, mic and the game itself for 200 bones.
I think the lighting kit is a bit silly.

Though not everybody does a laser light show box, lighting rig with colour changers and dmx board, smoke machine and enough sound equipment to put on a medium/large size concert in their garage :/

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
onemic said:
Plugging in ION drumset makes RB2 recognize it and make highhat/crash/ride notes look different than regular pad notes?? A man can dream can't he?

I'm not sure why you're pulling for this as it would restrict you instead of let you be creative when playing. I have cymbals that duplicate the notes similar to the ION kit and it's fun to play on the hi-hat, or hit the crash occasionally, but if I want to play for a high score I'm just going to use the regular 4 pads.

And the people complaining about 16th notes on the red pad need to play the songs that are charted this way. If the notes were charted on the yellow pad the stick movement from yellow to red would be incorrect. On a drum set the hi-hat is to the left of the snare, so the notes charted to the red pad make the most physiological sense.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
My guess for the monday thing is a huge band they got rights to.

AC/DC, Zepplin, or the beatles.

Does anyone know if Gamestop is willing to pay money for my Rock Band 1 drums and guitar? I want to get the new ones for RB2, but I want to get rid of these.

birdman

duderon said:
And the people complaining about 16th notes on the red pad need to play the songs that are charted this way. If the notes were charted on the yellow pad the stick movement from yellow to red would be incorrect. On a drum set the hi-hat is to the left of the snare, so the notes charted to the red pad make the most physiological sense.

But why put it on yellow on song that aren't hi-hat intensive? Wouldn't that make more physiological sense to have the hi-hat on red all the time? That's what I'm arguing here.

Dirtbag

Linkzg said:
Does anyone know if Gamestop is willing to pay money for my Rock Band 1 drums and guitar? I want to get the new ones for RB2, but I want to get rid of these.

The gamestops in New Orleans would NOT take my drums back, and offered me peanuts on the guitar. Your best bet is probably selling through Craig'sList, if you live in anything resembling a city. I've sold a suprising number of video games through and made tax free dollars well beyond gamestop trade-in values.

macewank

BigBlackGamer said:

don't see that happening since harmonix/mtv don't have anything to do with the light kit iirc

macewank said:
don't see that happening since harmonix/mtv don't have anything to do with the light kit iirc

I heard it was third party but it was liscensed by HMX or EA. something like that. Garnett on 1up Yours said they were demo'ing the light stuff along with the game when they showed RB2.

long shot but would be cool.

birdman

BenjaminBirdie said:
I really love Rock Band 2's version of the camera kick. Mic Stand Slam FTW.

I think it's interesting that they have the mic stand now. Seems having one avatar as singer/guitarist could be a reality.

birdman said:
I think it's interesting that they have the mic stand now. Seems having one avatar as singer/guitarist could be a reality.

That would be kind of...weird...just from a programming standpoint. There'd be no way for the game to actually know if it was one person plugging into the machine with two instruments.

Grecco

a huge announcement would only be the beatles on RB2

personally i kinda wanna know what are the next album releases. :D

birdman said:

that would be crazy as hell if the game had a option to do that. I know a couple of friends who rock the mic/guitar combo. having the character match that would be sick.

BenjaminBirdie said:
That would be kind of...weird...just from a programming standpoint. There'd be no way for the game to actually know if it was one person plugging into the machine with two instruments.
Or, if you choose to do it specially in a menu.

birdman

BigBlackGamer said:
that would be crazy as hell if the game had a option to do that. I know a couple of friends who rock the mic/guitar combo. having the character match that would be sick.

I do that all the time for Band World Tour. I wanna be Dave Grohl dammit. :mad:

BenjaminBirdie said:

could be a option before you start that allows you to say I want guitar/mic for my character. I don't think HMX would really care if that's you really singing and playing the guitar at the same time.

JonathanEx said:
Or, if you choose to do it specially in a menu.

I was thinking that too, but it would be pretty annoying to have to specify that all the time or, conversely, to switch that in the menu every time you wanted to do it (unless you play exclusively by yourself).

I don't know, it just seems pretty unwieldy. Also, wouldn't they have to rewrite all the camera moves? And all the programming for the DLC? What does the game do when it's told to cut to guitarist for wicked solo on notes 35 to 52?

have a point....it seems unlikely but if they can pull it off (maybe just keep the same scene in for the guitar solo and revert back to the norm) it would be pretty cool.

I hope they don't run into supply issues because my friend wants a ION drum set but he has to save up for it. also please ship these things before or on the date RB2 comes out. I really hope they don't ship weeks after the game is on store shelves.

The Jer

birdman said:
I'm pretty darn sure this will be an option. I believe some of the devs were asking if people were interested in a "patch" that would do this for Rock Band on the RB forums one time (pretty sure I saw it in a google search - I don't visit the RB forums).
Also, they've already stated that you could use the same avatar for everything and you'd be able to use one character for every instrument.
I feel pretty confident they're going to add a singing guitarist.

Also, I'm worried the options for avatars customization are going to be even more scarce in RB2. In RB, they limited/changed the options for certain instruments (you didn't really see drummers with long hair, for example). Are they going to have to limit all avatars now (no more avatars with long, flowing hair?)?

robochimp

Grecco said:
a huge announcement would only be the beatles on RB2

personally i kinda wanna know what are the next album releases. :D

There was an article that said "With the upcoming release of the Who pack and Nirvana pack"

So probably Nirvana in August

Please let the Nirvana pack be a best of with Heart Shaped Box. An album release of Nevermind would be odd now since one of the songs is in RB1 and one is confirmed for RB2

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
birdman said:
But why put it on yellow on song that aren't hi-hat intensive? Wouldn't that make more physiological sense to have the hi-hat on red all the time? That's what I'm arguing here.

No, because normally you play the hats with your right hand and snare with your left. Just, in a normal setup, there's an elevation difference- so, you play with arms crossed. Can't do that with the Rock Band kit, so the best approximation is snare on red, hat on yellow.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
after a trip to the grocery store, i had a revelation:

'walk the dinosaur' would be really cool in rockband.

OPEN THE DOOR GET ON THE FLOOR
EVERYBODY WALK THE DINOSAUR

XShagrath said:
Here's a video of the ION drums in action (different than the one on the official site).
http://youtube.com/watch?v=bToFrYPukXk

Those look awesome, but together the fact that I suck at the drums and they are expensive, I won't get them.

Dirtbag 504 said:
The gamestops in New Orleans would NOT take my drums back, and offered me peanuts on the guitar. Your best bet is probably selling through Craig'sList, if you live in anything resembling a city. I've sold a suprising number of video games through and made tax free dollars well beyond gamestop trade-in values.

Well shit. I have one friend who has a 360, maybe I could sell them to him....but he hated Guitar Hero 2, so this doesn't bode well.

So I watching the footage. Again.

I wonder if they were able to write special code for the "You"s so that the vocalist can always point to the crowd when the word comes up, or if it's special for "Everlong"....

HMmmm....

sneaky77

BenjaminBirdie said:
So I watching the footage. Again.

I wonder if they were able to write special code for the "You"s so that the vocalist can always point to the crowd when the word comes up, or if it's special for "Everlong"....

HMmmm....

the trailer is just quick cuts of different animations, so I am gonna say is not just for Everlong.. they are just using that song as background for the trailer and maybe the few seconds of the notecharts

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
robochimp said:
There was an article that said "With the upcoming release of the Who pack and Nirvana pack"

So probably Nirvana in August

Please let the Nirvana pack be a best of with Heart Shaped Box. An album release of Nevermind would be odd now since one of the songs is in RB1 and one is confirmed for RB2

Best of Nirvana would be aces.

Dirtbag

omg rite said:
"Right before the end of the latest IGN Gamescoop Podcast, an editor says "huge Rock Band 2 announcement... Hugemungus"[/list]"

http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11429

I'm sure it's been in the thread already, but hm.

Wonder what that is.

Full game available for download on launch. First major console release to be made available entirely as DLC ( on day and date of disk release ). Game is cheaper to download.

That's my guess.

Onemic

duderon said:
I'm not sure why you're pulling for this as it would restrict you instead of let you be creative when playing. I have cymbals that duplicate the notes similar to the ION kit and it's fun to play on the hi-hat, or hit the crash occasionally, but if I want to play for a high score I'm just going to use the regular 4 pads.

True, but I want it for the sole reason that for certain songs in RB blue notes mean ride at one time , but then mean one of toms at another, if RB2 was able to recognize the ION set and change the look of the notes depending on if it's a highhat or tom, but at the same time allow you to hit either the yellow pad or the elevated cymbal, I would be really happy. I'm not asking them to limit creativity, but rather to let me know if this note should actually be played on the highat/ride/cymbal and give me option to either just hit the pad or hit the elevated cymbal.

Dirtbag

onemic said:
True, but I want it for the sole reason that for certain songs in RB blue notes mean ride at one time , but then mean one of toms at another, if RB2 was able to recognize the ION set and change the look of the notes depending on if it's a highhat or tom, but at the same time allow you to hit either the yellow pad or the elevated cymbal, I would be really happy. I'm not asking them to limit creativity, but rather to let me know if this note should actually be played on the highat/ride/cymbal and give me option to either just hit the pad or hit the elevated cymbal.

I was having the same idea, I really hope it happens. At least by RB3 it sounds like the cymbals will be required so we can probably count on it one day.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Dirtbag 504 said:
I was having the same idea, I really hope it happens. At least by RB3 it sounds like the cymbals will be required so we can probably count on it one day.

The GI article didn't say that cymbals would be required in later games, just that they could be used as additional pads in later iterations.

Dirtbag

duderon said:
The GI article didn't say that cymbals would be required in later games, just that they could be used as additional pads in later iterations.

ah I see, I must have been confused by typical GAF complaining about a non-issue.

DuckRacer

Dirtbag 504 said:
Full game available for download on launch. First major console release to be made available entirely as DLC ( on day and date of disk release ). Game is cheaper to download.

That's my guess.
Is that really a guess... or is that wishful thinking? :p There's no way in hell that'll happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom