• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Angina's tough!!" Rock Band 2 Track And Spec Info (& Dreams) Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

minkydash

RattleHead_ said:
1) tangled up in blue (bob dylan)
12) spirit in the sky (norman greenbaum)
I'm pretty shocked to see both of these on this list. I'm not complaining, though - I love it when these games pick songs from genres other than Alternative Rock.

Overall, the leaked list feels a lot like the Guitar Hero 2 setlist to me - a lot of variety, and a lot of songs I haven't heard of before. I think both of those are good qualities. Also:

RattleHead_ said:
17) everlong (foo fighters)
19) lump (presidents of the USA)
21) drain you (nirvana)
32) holiday in cambodia (dead kennedys)
39) one way or another (blondie)
44) bandages (hot hot heat)
45) PDA (interpol)
47) float on (modest mouse)
59) hungry like the wolf (duran duran)
Awesome.

SleazyC

MEGADETH MEGADETH MEGADETH MEGADETH MEGADETH MEGADETH!

(( I thought Metallica's contract stipulated that any game with their music in it could not have Megadeth in it as well. If RB1 songs are playable and available through RB2 wonder how this would work out ))

daegan

We actually are close enough for most of the songlist to be done, but somehow I doubt that it lines up more than halfway with this list.

I really, really hope I'm wrong though.

(Dammit, HMX, get it DONE on time!)

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Bikini Kill, Duran Duran, Talking Heads... fucking awesome.

Also, I absolutely don't believe the free RB1 DLC until it's confirmed. If they actually do this, when they could continue to make money from late-adopters (people who buy RB2 then go back and buy RB1), then it's the most generous and progressive thing done yet in this gen.

Nisa65

SleazyC said:
I thought Metallica's contract stipulated that any game with their music in it could not have Megadeth in it as well.

What is the source for this Megadeth/Metallica rumour?, I've seen it mentioned on this board a number of times. It seems unlikely as Lars and Hetfield don't seem to have any kind of grudge against Dave Mustaine, even if Mustaine holds one against them.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Good list, great variety.

Harmonix :bow

if true, of course.

ChrisGoldstein said:
still no tool *hits head on desk*

Just tell yourself it's never coming, like me. Cause it's really never coming.

kurahadol

Eye of the Tiger?! Living on a Prayer?! Any Way You Want It?!?!

Fucking epic.

Where's more Coheed stuff though, Welcome Home was the best song last game :/

DarkJC

kurahadol said:

Fucking epic.

I'd love more Coheed, just PLEASE no covers. Ten Speed :(

kurahadol said:

Fucking epic.

They could still be on there, I'm holding out hope.
Still holding out hope for a Bad Religion track pack too, Sorrow is alright but where the hell is my 21st Century Digital Boy?

There's really only genre missing: Indie Rock. Modest Mouse is there, but it's their new bullshit, not the classic Indie Back catalogue.

WE NEED:
Built To Spill
Pavement
Yo La Tengo

kurahadol

DarkJC said:
I'd love more Coheed, just PLEASE no covers. Ten Speed :(

Agreed, the song itself isn't even fun to play on the instruments either, was really dissapointed with that.

I'd love to see some of their more prog stuff like In Keeping Secrets, any of the Willing Wells, or The End Complete.

Bigfoot

BenjaminBirdie said:
I think there were like 10 that were in RB and GHIII.
Yeah. Everlong is also confirmed for the next GH. I wouldn't be surprised if a few more of those songs in the list are in GH:WT too.

LakeEarth

Sick song choices. Happy to see Alice in Chains in there, as well as some GH1 songs. No Ozzy on the list, which either means this isn't a complete list (if the 80+ song rumor is true), or this is the first Harmonix guitar based game without an Ozzy or Sabbath song on it. I just can't believe that though. Iron Man HAS to be on it.

And Master Exploder better have all the swearing.

Costanza

Banned
Hopefully HMX gives us a bundle with just the game + guitar. My Les Paul double strums occasionally for some reason so I'd probably want to pick up the new strat.

Theyve been talking about 70-80 songs, which is great...

But as a PS2 owner (or wii owner), why would I pay $30 to get 20 songs in a couple of weeks (track pack 1) when I could pay $50 to get 80 songs in three months?

Track pack 1 is a huge mistake. It should have been 30 songs for 40$.

jett

D-Member
16) panic attack (dreamtheater)

...eh they could've chosen better, but I'll take it!

If I ever buy one of these "band games", I'll definitely be getting Harmonix's. The rockstar feel was completely lost to me in GH3.

Jethro

jett said:
16) panic attack (dreamtheater)

...eh they could've chosen better, but I'll take it!

So what are your favorites DT Songs? Octavarium or In the Presence of Enemies would be epic and very exhausting^^

Momar

aka Ryder
Is the GH: World Tour tracklist known? Sorry if it's been posted everywhere, I'm one of the few who still has never purchased one of these instrument games, but now that I have a PS3, I might just have to grab RB2 (unless GH somehow has a better tracklist than this).

FFChris

Jethro said:
So what are your favorites DT Songs? Octavarium or In the Presence of Enemies would be epic and very exhausting^^

Could have just gone with Pull Me Under.

Souls of Black is an awesome song. Looking forward to seeing the complete list.

GoutPatrol

Forgotten in his cell
BenjaminBirdie said:
There's really only genre missing: Indie Rock. Modest Mouse is there, but it's their new bullshit, not the classic Indie Back catalogue.

WE NEED:
Built To Spill
Pavement
Yo La Tengo

It needs some funk before indie rock. And The Roots.

At least The Seed (2.0). Please.

Ten-Song

Some thoughts...

6) dammit (blink 182)

I'm happy to see this in RB2, because that'll draw me further away from getting GHWT and having to buy even more god damn plastic toy guitars/drums.

7) thats what you get (paramore)

Would have picked something else, but I'm cool with that.

8) the trees (rush)

Fuck yeah!

9) ace of spades (motorhead)

Fuck yeah again!

11) testify (rage against the machine)

I thought that RATM was only going to be in Guitar Hero games? If this is true, I'll be a VERY happy man.

15) eye of the tiger (survivor)

Seriously?

18) one step closer (linkin park)

I will feel no shame in saying that I'm happy to see this on the list.

19) lump (presidents of the USA)

I... did not see that one coming. Awesome though.

23) peace sells (megadeath)

A great choice.

37) psycho killer (talking heads)

Very yes.

41) push it (static-x)

Hey, never thought I'd see Static-X in one of these games.

46) my own worst enemy (lit)

Don't care what anyone says, this is a great pick.

47) float on (modest mouse)

Fuck yes!

51) suffer (bad religion)

I'd prefer a different song, but I won't complain.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
of all the great, GREAT dylan songs to choose from to work in this format.........tangled up in blue?

if it had tombstone blues i'd buy 4 copies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom