• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Angina's tough!!" Rock Band 2 Track And Spec Info (& Dreams) Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dream for Rock Band 2: better DLC integration in BWT.

Use genre and year info for smart setlists, like a punk one etc, and have it as you download more DLC it expands adding some of the songs and if you buy an album, adding an album setlist to a location.

Obviously, setlists for quick play too.

FF_VIII

Banned
JonathanEx said:
Dream for Rock Band 2: better DLC integration in BWT.

Use genre and year info for smart setlists, like a punk one etc, and have it as you download more DLC it expands adding some of the songs and if you buy an album, adding an album setlist to a location.

Obviously, setlists for quick play too.

Do want.

Also, give me my damn filter for DLC online!

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
M3wThr33 said:
Expect the same regions as RB1.

Of course, if you had a PS3, this wouldn't be a problem.

I do have a PS3 but it gets treated like a second rate citizen by the world, so byah.

A pretty good setlist. I'm more of a metal fan, but I understand that not everyone is. I'm still buying the shit out of this and here's hoping to at least have more Metallica added!

Oh and please, please don't get too "indie" with songs like the guy wants up top, Harmonix. I don't mind some I suppose but don't get crazy. If you do I'll punch a kitten. I swear I will.

(Not really)

EDIT: Oh, and if you could add Living Dead Beat or Are You Dead Yet by Children of Bodom I'd poop my pants. Alexi Laiho is truly a guitar god and the entire band experience would be straight money as well.

sneaky77

Agent Icebeezy said:
I just assumed that a song with an awesome Guitar solo is in Guitar Hero Aerosmith. That's pretty fucking wack. :lol :lol :lol

Aerosmith sign a deal with Neversoft, so it would probably show up on GH:WT

Master Explorer. Holy shite.

I was a little disappointed when I heard "The Metal" was going to be on GH3 because I wanted this song so bad and didn't think anybody would revisit songs from the movie (I figured any more D would come from the original album).

The drums, the vocals, and the electric guitar parts are going to be so much fun to play.

"Me and KG wrote this song five minutes ago."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80DtQD5BQ_A

wayward archer said:

I was a little disappointed when I heard "The Metal" was going to be on GH3 because I wanted this song so bad and didn't think anybody would revisit songs from the movie (I figured any more D would come from the original album).

The drums, the vocals, and the electric guitar parts are going to be so much fun to play.

:lol

Move over "Greatest Man That Ever Lived"

Struct09

wayward archer said:

I'd like to see more of their album songs, like Explosivo

LCfiner

wayward archer said:

I better damn well be able to play Sasquatch on drums!

...And I really hope more talking heads DLC comes out. A little "Love --> Building on Fire" or "Houses in Motion" would be sweeeet.

OP UPDATED WITH YOU TUBES OF ALL RUMORED SONGS THANKS TO rohlfinator!!!

Also, omg rite has had the list backed up by a secret HMX mole. (See: Rock Band thread, still mysteriously a den of Rock Band 2 conversation.) They also both agree that Final Crisis is terrible.

;D

joeposh

That rumored song list looks great, but ugh to that Static-X song. "Push It" sounds like it's gonna be one big growling, muttering mess... and something I'll dread coming across in World Tour mode.

Last minute swap with Powerman 5000's "World's Collide"? prettyprettyplease. Seriously though, great track list otherwise.

ZeoVGM

Banned
jamesinclair said:
Linkin Park is the only hint that the game will allow 2 singers.

Please have more songs that allow two singers.

It's barely a hint too, as that's 95% Chester's song, vocally.

BenjaminBirdie said:
OP UPDATED WITH YOU TUBES OF ALL RUMORED SONGS THANKS TO rohlfinator!!!

Also, omg rite has had the list backed up by a secret HMX mole. (See: Rock Band thread, still mysteriously a den of Rock Band 2 conversation.) They also both agree that Final Crisis is terrible.

;D

:lol

But yeah, I can promise that list is correct. I asked about some of the other rumored bands (AC/DC, Beatles) and he didn't see any of them. :[

joeposh

jamesinclair said:
Linkin Park is the only hint that the game will allow 2 singers.

Please have more songs that allow two singers.

I dunno about that. Kyle's backing vocals in "Master Exploder" play a pretty prominent role. Would be good for a back up vocals option for people who want to play an instrument but chime in on the mic as well.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
is led zeppelin an impossibility because of legal reasons? it seems like it would be quite a coup getting their songs in these games.

mattiewheels said:
is led zeppelin an impossibility because of legal reasons? it seems like it would be quite a coup getting their songs in these games.
From what I've read, they're uncomfortable lending out their master recordings because they might get lost or illegally copied. I don't think there is any legal barrier, they're just really protective of their masters.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
rohlfinator said:
From what I've read, they're uncomfortable lending out their master recordings because they might get lost or illegally copied.

I doubt that anyone is sending Harmonix the actual originals.
Only the latter makes any sense at all. Maybe the raw mic feeds for the vocals are embarrassing? (kinda like David Lee Roth but worse?)

omg rite said:
It's barely a hint too, as that's 95% Chester's song, vocally.
[

Youre right, Im going down the youtube list now, and Id forgotten how little rap that song has.

The Paramore song is 99% the girl, but the video shows the guy singing half of it, you just cant hear it.

I want real duets though. It would make this game slightly more rock band 2, right now its more like track pack 2.

robochimp

I believe the Devo song is

Through Being Cool

But with a guitar track instead of all the synth.

There was an Interview with Mark Mothersbaugh where he said Harmonix wanted that song for some reason and he had his brother do the guitar track

Source

Well it could be any of 3 songs apparently

Archie said:
Sultans of Swing would be an awesome song to play.
It sure would, and really, Sultans of Swing is the only song I ask of them. Please Harmonix, please make it so.

And Guns n' Roses - Appetite for Destruction as DLC ofc.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
FF_VIII said:
Zeppelin are unattainable, man.

There's hope for Tool though.

There really isn't any hope for either. Call me when Tool releases their music on any online store.

Gowans

I can not wait, I have every single thing possible crossed that it comes out in the UK at the same time.

Any progress in the rumour that you all the rock band 1 songs will be downloadable via DLC so you don't have to disc swap?

Think thats probably wishful thinking with people being able to pass discs around but maybe to do it you have to of completed the whole career on that profile or something.

Gowans007 said:
I can not wait, I have every single thing possible crossed that it comes out in the UK at the same time.

Any progress in the rumour that you all the rock band 1 songs will be downloadable via DLC so you don't have to disc swap?

Think thats probably wishful thinking with people being able to pass discs around but maybe to do it you have to of completed the whole career on that profile or something.

It's been vaguely confirmed by many but not certifiably confirmed by anyone official. But a lot of sources have backed it up.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Here's another leaked list circulating the webs. Supposedly from an internal message.

xamphear from SA said:
Here's that "leaked" list that some people are purporting to be "from an email (dated July 1st) from Harmonix to MTV".

1 AC/DC - Let There Be Rock

2 AFI - Girl's Gone Grey

3 Alanis Morissette - You Oughta Know

4 Alice in Chains - Man in the Box

5 Allman Brothers - Ramblin' Man

6 Avenged Sevenfold - Almost Easy

7 Bad Company - Shooting Star

8 Beastie Boys - So Whatcha Want

9 Beck - E-Pro

10 Bikini Kill - Rebel Girl

11 Billy Idol - White Wedding Pt I

12 Blondie - One Way or Another

13 Bob Dylan - Tangled Up in Blue

14 Bon Jovi - Livin' on a Prayer

15 Cheap Trick - Hello There

16 Devo - Uncontrollable Urge

17 Dinosaur Jr - Feel the Pain

18 Disturbed - Down with the Sickness

19 Donnas, The - New Kid in School

20 Dream Theater - Panic Attack

21 Duran Duran - Hungry Like the Wolf

22 Elvis Costello - Pump it Up

23 Fleetwood Mac - Go Your Own Way

24 Foo Fighters - Everlong

25 Go-Go's, The - We Got the Beat

26 Grateful Dead, The - Alabama Getaway

27 Guess Who, The - American Woman

28 Guns N' Roses - Shackler's Revenge

29 Interpol - PDA

30 Jane's Addiction - Mountain Song

31 Jethro Tull - Aqualung

32 Jimmy Eat World - The Middle

33 Joan Jett - Bad Reputation

34 Journey - Anyway You Want It

35 Judas Priest - Painkiller

36 Kansas - Carry On Wayward Son

37 L7 - Pretend We're Dead

38 Lacuna Coil - Our Truth

39 Linkin Park - One Step Closer

40 Lit - My Own Worst Enemy

41 Lush - De-Luxe

42 Mastodon - Colony of Birchmen

43 Megadeth - Peace Sells

44 Metallica - Battery

45 Mighty Mighty Bosstones - Where'd You Go

46 Modest Mouse - Float On

47 Motorhead - Ace of Spades

48 Muffs, The - Kids in America

49 Nirvana - Drain You

50 Norman Greenbaum - Spirit in the Sky

51 Offspring, The - Come Out & Play (Keep 'em Seperated)

52 Panic at the Disco - Nine in the Afternoon

53 Paramore - That's What You Get

54 Pearl Jam - Alive

55 Presidents of the USA - Lump

56 Rage Against the Machine - Testify

57 Ratt - Round & Round

58 Red Hot Chili Peppers - Give it Away

59 Replacements, The - Alex Chilton

60 Rise Against - Give it All

61 Rush - The Trees

62 Silversun Pickups - Lazy Eye

63 Smashing Pumpkins - Today

64 Social Distortion - I Was Wrong

65 Sonic Youth - Teenage Riot

66 Soundgarden - Spoonman

67 Squeeze - Cool for Cats

68 Steely Dan - Bodhitsattva

69 Steve Miller Band - Rock'n Me

70 Survivor - Eye of the Tiger

71 System of a Down - Chop Suey

72 Talking Heads - Psycho Killer

73 Tenacious D - Master Exploder

74 Testament - Souls of Black

75 Who, The - Pinball Wizard

BONUS SONGS (all HMX bands)

76 Abnormality - Visions

77 Anarchy Club - Get Clean

78 Bang Camaro - Night Lies

79 Breaking Wheel - Shoulder to the Plow

80 Libyans, The - Neighborhood

81 Main Drag, The - A Jagged Georgeous Winter.

82 Speck - Conventional Lover

83 Sterns, The - Supreme Girl

84 That Handsome Devil - Rob the Prez-O-Dent

Note: I don't know shit about this. I'm just copying and pasting it from another forum. It's probably all wishes and dreams and bullshit, who knows.

Amazing list if true.

Gowans

BenjaminBirdie said:
It's been vaguely confirmed by many but not certifiably confirmed by anyone official. But a lot of sources have backed it up.

Then Harmonics/MTV/EA are awesome

Awesome status can be taken back pending UK release date

Knox

65 Sonic Youth - Teenage Riot

Be real. Be real. Be real. Be real. Be real. Be real. Be real. Be real. Be real. Be real.

Tim-E

duderon said:
Here's another leaked list circulating the webs. Supposedly from an internal message.

Amazing list if true.

iymruf.gif

PLEASE BE REAL :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom