• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Angina's tough!!" Rock Band 2 Track And Spec Info (& Dreams) Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bounchfx

oh man, I did the endless setlist on RB1 all expert and honest bob was the hardest song for our group, but everything was doable.

however, 84 songs in RB2 is like another 90 minutes of playing straight, PLUS you have 'Visions' to worry about.. Fuck.

I guess I can do it if im doing guitar alone, though.

I think about RB2 everyday. this game needs to come out....August needs to be over and done with.

I will create coldmore and have chris martin on vocals, hayley on drums, the bass dude from coldplay and the guitar dude from paramore. and I will play until my eyes bleed from colorful notes.

I seriously think the most exciting thing is being able to create your own 4 person band. Very small feature but it's a big one at the same time.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
BigBlackGamer said:
I seriously think the most exciting thing is being able to create your own 4 person band. Very small feature but it's a big one at the same time.
Absolutely. No more death metal guy singing Buddy Holly. Rivers Cuomo will take care of that from now on!

The best thing about that feature is I'm going to be able to make a band of clones. I'm probably gonna try and make a bunch of topless bald men, with the huge shoulders and tiny waists only Rock Band can deliver. It's gonna be glorious.

If you haven't watched BBG's video, at 6:20 or so he says that the cymbol expansion ports will also support a 2nd kickpedal. Hoorj for the RB/GH compatability because barring negative reviews this just totally decided which drumset I'll buy.

GoutPatrol

Forgotten in his cell
TheGreatDave said:
The best thing about that feature is I'm going to be able to make a band of clones. I'm probably gonna try and make a bunch of topless bald men, with the huge shoulders and tiny waists only Rock Band can deliver. It's gonna be glorious.

I want a group of Cowboys each with their own color. I really need to get a picture of my guitar player in RB1, he is the coolest.

Of All Trades said:
If you haven't watched BBG's video, at 6:20 or so he says that the cymbol expansion ports will also support a 2nd kickpedal. Hoorj for the RB/GH compatability because barring negative reviews this just totally decided which drumset I'll buy.

I wonder if you have cymbal expansions in the RB drumset will GH keep the layout the same as if you were playing with the GH drums.

Belgand

BigBlackGamer said:
I wonder if you have cymbal expansions in the RB drumset will GH keep the layout the same as if you were playing with the GH drums.

That would be awesome, but I seriously, seriously doubt it.

I was hoping for violence, and all I got was normal conversation. Dammit!

If Steven Taylor's face in GH:Aerosmith is treating a band with integrity I don't want to see what they'd do to a band they didn't like.

Belgand

TheGreatDave said:

If Steven Taylor's face in GH:Aerosmith is treating a band with integrity I don't want to see what they'd do to a band they didn't like.

Is it really that different from reality though? I think we can expect GH: Rolling Stones and GH: Michael Jackson in the future. There's no way that games could possibly fail to make either of them look better at this point.

saunderez

TheGreatDave said:

Hahah yeah I don't think it'd be pretty. I think Perry looks awesomely tough, but the rest of the band look like they got beat with the ugly stick.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
BigBlackGamer said:
New Bonus Round is up and if features the epic battle between Red Octane & HMX and about the music genre as a whole.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/37514.html

enjoy.

OMG, the look the EA guy gave the Red Octane guy when he mentioned treating the music "with integrity" was classic.
The mixes in GH3 were beyond awful. They were so bad that some of the masters sounded almost like covers. (No, I don't mean the ones they rerecorded, like Anarchy in the U.K. and Cult of Personality) Did they hire new audio guys for GHWT? Please?

sneaky77

TheGreatDave said:

I don't think it was that bad.. and I don't have an issue with the way Neversoft is doing their stuff either.. so I don't get the big beef with them, they have shown plenty of improvements in charts in GH:A and the virtuoso guitar pack, GH3 was their first crack at it... Harmonix has had much more experience to refine their ideas and approach

edit: the need a new drummer too lol

I love Neversoft, I'm just playing. But seriously.

sing.png

That Everlong video was on the Livewire during E3. I remember being disgusted at just how terribly they played. I'm sure it must have been some calibration issue.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
So, it's been 'confirmed' by videos that Psycho Killer will be a last-tier vocals song. Now, I love Talking Heads, so I'm familiar with the song.... I don't really see how it's equal to something like Chop Suey. Is it just me and my lack of ever doing vocals? Is it the French lyrics?

Bob Dylan being last tier, though, I can understand. Dude's crazy.

sneaky77

TheGreatDave said:
I love Neversoft, I'm just playing. But seriously.

sing.png

That Everlong video was on the Livewire during E3. I remember being disgusted at just how terribly they played. I'm sure it must have been some calibration issue.

it fits on the cartoony GH style though... is an exageration of his real face..

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Charron said:
So, it's been 'confirmed' by videos that Psycho Killer will be a last-tier vocals song. Now, I love Talking Heads, so I'm familiar with the song.... I don't really see how it's equal to something like Chop Suey. Is it just me and my lack of ever doing vocals? Is it the French lyrics?
see... the two bolded parts for me are completely different. I know the shit out of chop suey and am not even concerned by it.. psycho killer has byrne's voice just flying all over the place without rhyme nor reason.

though still, for the "Snow (Hey Oh)" of RB2 they need to get some downloadable It's The End of the World As We Know It. :p I've been trying to get platinum on it on KR:AI for months now... What a fucking hard song.

DuckRacer

Wizman23 said:
Wow get a new guitar player he sucked
That's Dan Teasdale – some goon on SA called out his shitty performance and he replied to said goon, blaming input lag.

I thought they were using that light sensor on the new guitar to eliminate input lag. Whatever happened with that.
emot-colbert.gif

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
borghe said:
see... the two bolded parts for me are completely different. I know the shit out of chop suey and am not even concerned by it.. psycho killer has byrne's voice just flying all over the place without rhyme nor reason.

though still, for the "Snow (Hey Oh)" of RB2 they need to get some downloadable It's The End of the World As We Know It. :p I've been trying to get platinum on it on KR:AI for months now... What a fucking hard song.

Now *that* is a final tier vocals song.

Okin said:
I already own RB1, so RB2 is really just a $60 purchase for me, but I become more and more disappointed with the lack of any big redeeming features that make this worthy of an entire new installment number. Almost every gameplay addition seems extremely thin, like it had to be programmed and polished in two months, and most additions were obviously needed by anyone who played Rock Band for more than two weeks.

The game is cheaper than if you had to buy all the songs on DLC, for sure, but I can't help but feel that the majority of things on the disc have been held back from DLC in a rushed attempt at getting some store shelf space before Guitar Hero WT launches.

I really wish there wasn't an RB2 disc as well, but it's completely unrealistic. 40-50% of 360 owners aren't online at all, and Wii is probably worse. You can't discard that market.

It isn't a platform. It is a series of games with lots of DLC.

Belgand

borghe said:

That was exactly my thoughts on it. Now we just need to be able to play it with boombox accompaniment.

borghe said:

Really? Back when the first Karaoke Revolution came out my horrible karaoke-loving friends forced me to play it once. It was the only song in the game that I actually knew and I had no problem with it. Of course, I'm a fomer debater so going fast isn't a problem for me in the least and I knew the lyrics by heart. I particularly liked it because I can't sing and well, I didn't really have to sing for it.

Flynn

beermonkey@tehbias said:
I really wish there wasn't an RB2 disc as well, but it's completely unrealistic. 40-50% of 360 owners aren't online at all, and Wii is probably worse. You can't discard that market.

It isn't a platform. It is a series of games with lots of DLC.

I just saw a guy buying the PS2 Rock Band Track Pack at target!

Belgand

Flynn said:
I just saw a guy buying the PS2 Rock Band Track Pack at target!

Aside from the fact that it's a terrible collection of songs I can't believe anyone paid $180 for a cut-down version of Rock Band without the option of DLC. That's why I didn't buy it. I'd rather wait until I have a newer console than overpay on something that's a bare shadow of itself.

Bogus

Belgand said:
Aside from the fact that it's a terrible collection of songs I can't believe anyone paid $180 for a cut-down version of Rock Band without the option of DLC. That's why I didn't buy it. I'd rather wait until I have a newer console than overpay on something that's a bare shadow of itself.

Well, the nice thing about the PS2 RB bundle is that it uses the PS3 instruments. It's only $99 at Circuit City these days, too.

But I agree, it's hard to defend such a piss-poor product.

Belgand said:

I paid £100 for the PS2 version of Rock Band and a guitar. That's more than $180, baby!

Belgand

Bogus said:
Well, the nice thing about the PS2 RB bundle is that it uses the PS3 instruments. It's only $99 at Circuit City these days, too.

But I agree, it's hard to defend such a piss-poor product.

True, but you're not saving any money if you then want to get the PS3 game. And you'd almost certainly be better off just waiting for RB2 with the improved instruments. It kinda makes me glad that I've been stuck waiting all this time. Now all I need to do is go back, grab the original disc (which hopefully will be on discount by the time RB2 is out) and cross-load all the songs.

Belgand

TheGreatDave said:
I paid £100 for the PS2 version of Rock Band and a guitar. That's more than $180, baby!

That is indeed. Was that disc-only or did you get the package and an additional guitar then upgrade away to the 360 version?

I'm planning on getting one of those PS2->PS3 converters TAC has out. Not the best thing in the world, but for the second guitar $20 is a lot cheaper to convert one of the two I already have than paying $80 for another one that will only see occasional use.

Belgand said:
That is indeed. Was that disc-only or did you get the package and an additional guitar then upgrade away to the 360 version?

I'm planning on getting one of those PS2->PS3 converters TAC has out. Not the best thing in the world, but for the second guitar $20 is a lot cheaper to convert one of the two I already have than paying $80 for another one that will only see occasional use.

Disc only import cost £50. Then the guitar, another £50.

I'm dying for Rise Against on drums. I really need pretty much the entire Siren Song of the Counter Culture album on drums in either this game, or some other game that has drums.

God I want to play these songs without having to buy a real drum kit :lol

Sorry if this has been asked before, but will RB2 launch with separate bundles (ie: drum and game only, guitar and game only, etc). Playing drums is fantastic, but after GH2 I've grown bored of playing any plastic guitars.

Xevren said:
I really liked the presentation in that rock band 2 video, looks really good.

I'm worried about the flashy shit going on in the background. I just played China Cat Whateveritis online and all that flashing green shit in the background distracted me majorly at the end solo.

TheGreatDave said:
I'm worried about the flashy shit going on in the background. I just played China Cat Whateveritis online and all that flashing green shit in the background distracted me majorly at the end solo.

It's been noted that the reason for those effects is because the demo is apparently a music video shoot, hence the "over the top" effects.

Belgand

Lifeonmars? said:
Sorry if this has been asked before, but will RB2 launch with separate bundles (ie: drum and game only, guitar and game only, etc). Playing drums is fantastic, but after GH2 I've grown bored of playing any plastic guitars.

Since they've never done it before or ever talked about it I really doubt they will. They're trying to push the full band experience pretty heavily so I doubt they'll ever do that sort of thing. If you just want one of the instruments you'll have to buy them separately and you'll probably end up paying close to the price of the bundle.

Struct09

Lifeonmars? said:

Probably not. Your best bet would be to buy the bundle and sell what you don't want. I sold my original stratocaster for $70 + shipping on eBay, effecitvely making my Rock Band 1 + drums + mic a $100 package.

Belgand said:

Its $99.

Damn, I suppose I'll sell the guitar on eBay then. I always go to a friends house when I play RB in a group, so I don't really need all of the other stuff.

Thanks you lot.:D

Belgand

TheGreatDave said:
Disc only import cost £50. Then the guitar, another £50.

Ow. Actually, now that I think about it, how can you import games formatted for NTSC? Are you just running a converter on the output signal? Your damn PAL formatting really sucks when you want to import TV and movies to the USA. I mean, finally we speak the same language, but you had to go with a different, technically superior, color encoding format. I probably ought to get a region-free player and a converter one of these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom