• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Angina's tough!!" Rock Band 2 Track And Spec Info (& Dreams) Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sneaky77

I don't stand up to rock out.. is not like I move that much, I just can't play sitting down, I do horribly, is more comfortable for me standing up

It's the most anticipated game of the year! The YEAR!

Watching people play without the music being played loud is horrible. HORRIBLE.

*EDIT* OH GOD, AMERICAN TV IS HORRIBLE.

oh and just saw this clear shot of the ports on the back of the new RB2 drums

rb2_drums6.jpg

didnt see this posted yet. ports for the madcatz cymbal expansion.

M3wThr33

Banned
BigBlackGamer said:
oh and just saw this clear shot of the ports on the back of the new RB2 drums

rb2_drums6.jpg

didnt see this posted yet. ports for the madcatz cymbal expansion.

Pretty basic expansions. I see four. One for everything (Including a second pedal) except the Red.

M3wThr33 said:
Pretty basic expansions. I see four. One for everything (Including a second pedal) except the Red.

Oh man I haven't been keeping up with things. I had no idea there was double bass availability. Consider me thrilled :D

XShagrath

BenjaminBirdie said:
Would I be able to buy the new pedal separately and use it on my old drum kitt?
I highly doubt it. At least not without some additional hardware. You can order the "Twin Rocker", which will allow you to plug two bass pedals into the current setup. It's about $20 and the cost of another pedal.

I'll be picking up the new kit and probably another pedal when they come out. I just got a ValuePedal on Monday, and I'm really digging it so far.

XShagrath said:
I highly doubt it. At least not without some additional hardware. You can order the "Twin Rocker", which will allow you to plug two bass pedals into the current setup. It's about $20 and the cost of another pedal.

I'll be picking up the new kit and probably another pedal when they come out. I just got a ValuePedal on Monday, and I'm really digging it so far.

Im waitin for my valuepedal to come in today. I'll probably toss it over to my cousin but I definitly wanna see whats up with it.

DuckRacer

XShagrath said:

I thinking he's talking about the RB2 pedal being able to replace the RB1 pedal on RB1 drums.

If that's possible, I'm definitely buying one.

Duck said:
I thinking he's talking about the RB2 pedal being able to replace the RB1 pedal on RB1 drums.

If that's possible, I'm definitely buying one.

Yes. I'm assuming since it supports dual pedaling, you can buy separate pedals.

M3wThr33

Banned
TheGreatDave said:
You need some faith man!
Low expectations = easier to please.

On another note, I was about to shit my pants when the guy lifted the drums in the video and the pedal didn't fall.

I have no qualms about rebuying all the instruments. Although, I have gotten used to the color pads I made for my drums. They look so nice. :(

FYI, I put $25 down each on GHWT and RB2 bundles on the PS3. Rock Revolution is LOLtastic. (But I'd consider if it got FREE DLC)

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
ChrisGoldstein said:
So the mad catz cymbal expansion is only for the new RB drums? Cant upgrade the old kit?
Yes. No. (in that order)

The game will function almost exactly the same with the new kit. The only differences will be flourishes. Velocity determining volume, cymbals for fills, etc. But if you took a stock RB2 kit and RB1 kit they would perform exactly the same in the game.

Belgand

MeshuggahMan said:
Oh man I haven't been keeping up with things. I had no idea there was double bass availability. Consider me thrilled :D

Who ever said it was a double bass pedal? It could just as easily be a hi-hat pedal which is actually what I'm expecting it to be.

Onemic

Belgand said:
Who ever said it was a double bass pedal? It could just as easily be a hi-hat pedal which is actually what I'm expecting it to be.

Having a high-hat pedal, means HMX would have to completely rework the charts for all of their games.(Since open high-hat notes are marked as blue notes) It's not gonna happen.

They could do something like

yellow + high hat open (pedal up) = yellow
yellow + high hat closed (pedal down) = blue

n/m that wouldn't work since yellow usually = hi hat closed.

Belgand

Or not even address whether it's open or closed, but just use it to trigger it. I suspect that in fills and trainer we'd get a proper pedal noise, but that's it.

Pre-emptive edit!: Actually, no I strongly suspect I'm wrong based on the Ion kit (I was looking to see whether it had a dual-pedal set-up and how it was handled):

Songs with fast, repetitive hi-hat beats (i.e. when you need to use two hands) will generally assign the hi-hat to the red pad, meaning you'll have to change your mindset back and forth on songs that capitalize on it, such as "Debaser" or "Everlong." The red pad is not able to have a cymbal attached to it.

http://tinyurl.com/6qhomb (fixed, I forgot GAF has a problem with erm, "Happystiq"... even in a URL)

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
I can't wait for the double bass. It is going to make keeping time for me MUCH easier allowing me to stop messing up on bass notes as much.

Onemic

Sp3eD said:
I can't wait for the double bass. It is going to make keeping time for me MUCH easier allowing me to stop messing up on bass notes as much.

It would make songs like blackened and Ride the lighting MUCH easier. Hell, any Metallica song in general.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Belgand said:
:lol

Great job man. Joke of the month for certain.
I'm going to grab it. Some song on there I like and especially if it's compatible with the 360 instruments, umm.. why the hell not?

M3wThr33

Banned
Belgand said:
Harmonix Rep at E3 when showing off the drums explicitly mentioned double-bass.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
onemic said:
It would make songs like blackened and Ride the lighting MUCH easier. Hell, any Metallica song in general.
It'd be awkward though since they are charted for one pedal. :\

Belgand

TheGreatDave said:
I'm going to make a thread for it. And hopefully import it, if its region free.

You are well and truly obsessed then I guess.

I had hopes for it, but it appears that Konami really isn't equipped to get into this. They had the original idea and did a more or less passable game for it, but everyone else is totally drinking their milkshake. They succeeded because it was a good idea, but it's really becoming clear that the game itself was just about the worst possible implementation of that (outside of Wii Music... or one of those other waggly Wii versions).

Belgand

M3wThr33 said:
Harmonix Rep at E3 when showing off the drums explicitly mentioned double-bass.

Hmm... I didn't recall that. Either I just didn't see anything where he mentioned double bass or it got somehow lost in the shuffle during the orgy of material that I was absorbing. I just recall it being mentioned as a "pedal" if at all.

Struct09

Belgand said:
Hmm... I didn't recall that. Either I just didn't see anything where he mentioned double bass or it got somehow lost in the shuffle during the orgy of material that I was absorbing. I just recall it being mentioned as a "pedal" if at all.

In the 22 minute demonstration is where I saw the HMX rep mention double bass support.

No6

Belgand said:
Did you watch the BigBlackGamer version? It's in there when he talks about the expansion and transitioning from a beginner drummer to advanced.

Assuming I do get everything it'll probably also coincide with me popping RB1 back in the drive in order to finish expert drums for achievement points.

Belgand

No6 said:
Did you watch the BigBlackGamer version? It's in there when he talks about the expansion and transitioning from a beginner drummer to advanced.

Yeah, I saw it, but I guess since it was pretty similar to the one on GameTrailers (seriously, I appreciate the extra points from breaking it up, but why in the hell do that? Especially if you're going to cut stuff out?) I just tuned out and didn't notice it.

Just listening to it right now, but I'm thinking that "L.A. Woman" would be a great choice for the future. Yes, it's almost eight minutes long, but unlike a lot of other Doors tracks it keeps the extended keyboard solos down in favor of some really good guitar parts, great vocals (of course), and the occasional drum fill. It would be a killer track for vocals, I mean, the Doors would already be great, but it adds in enough variation to really put it on top.

Also, while L.A. Woman is a great album I don't think anyone would suggest it for full album DLC especially when compared with the eponymous debut.

TheExodu5

Banned
The pedals are console agnostic as they are just a simple analog switch (controlled by a magnet). There are no communication electronics in them at all to make them console specific.

Belgand

While I already conceded that the extra pedal is a second bass pedal this picture goes ahead and confirms it:

0006.jpg

in the previous shot we couldn't see the orange input, but it looks like that's for the pedal (keep in mind this is upside-down unlike the previous shot) unless the black is the new one because the normal pedal was plugged into the orange.

Anyhow, there's also a shot of the cymbal pack

0015.jpg

It does, however, look a bit prototype-y compared to what we've seen of the drums so far

0005.jpg

In particular the pedal in the cymbal shot looks a good deal flimsier.

Hopefully the cymbals will likewise have been improved.

They can add all the fancy doo-dahs they want to the new drum kit, I still don't think Harmonix are anywhere near good enough to make long lasting, high performance hardware. And Mad Catz aren't exactly cream of the crop either. Tempted as I am to pick some of this stuff up just because I like having new things to play with I'm gonna try and be strong and just buy the disc.

...I may buy a new pedal though. If they sell it.

Onemic

TheGreatDave said:
They can add all the fancy doo-dahs they want to the new drum kit, I still don't think Harmonix are anywhere near good enough to make long lasting, high performance hardware. And Mad Catz aren't exactly cream of the crop either. Tempted as I am to pick some of this stuff up just because I like having new things to play with I'm gonna try and be strong and just buy the disc.

...I may buy a new pedal though. If they sell it.

Well RB was their first hardware experience. I wouldn't be surprised if they've improved immensely with RB2.

Then again there is the ION drum kit anyway, which is pretty much the best drum kit you can get for any band rhythm game.

They should just fucking ship RB2 kits to people who make drum RMAs for the first game still. The RB2 kit seems pretty good, and would be cheaper to just give one of those away rather than continually shipping out the garbage RB1 kits.

FF_VIII

Banned
onemic said:
Then again there is the ION drum kit anyway, which si pretty much the best drum kit you can get for any band rhythm game.

No way I'm paying 300 for them though.

I'm getting GH's drums, but I'll still keep the RB ones unless the break. (which they haven't!)

onemic said:
Well RB was their first hardware experience. I wouldn't be surprised if they've improved immensely with RB2.

Then again there is the ION drum kit anyway, which si pretty much the best drum kit you can get for any band rhythm game.

The ION kit will be awesome, but for a player of my skill I just want simple but reliable hardware. We have a shitty customer service from EA in the UK, I really don't want to go through it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom