• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Angina's tough!!" Rock Band 2 Track And Spec Info (& Dreams) Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belgand

SketchTheArtist said:
What's different with the guitar and drums set then?

Gamespot actually has an article that just went up about this so that'll be easier, but otherwise:

Guitar
  • Auto-calibrates
  • Removable headstock (not neck)
  • Updated look/feel
  • Less mushy strum
  • Quieter buttons
  • Recessed/protected pause button
  • Back of neck slightly textured; annoying screw near headstock removed
  • Battery compartment that doesn't require a screwdriver to access
  • Improved tilt sensor
  • Better internal reinforcing on neck to reduce flexing
  • Wireless on all platforms

Drums
  • Velocity-sensitive
  • Ports to upgrade with 3 cymbals +1 pedal ($30 for package or $15 per cymbal) from Madcatz. Will work like pads in songs, but will play different sounds during fills and in drum trainer mode
  • Metal reinforced pedal that doesn't fall off when you lift up the drums
  • Quieter pads with more bounce
  • Optional Ion drum kit ($300) a low-end electronic drum kit that comes with a RB brain, but can use a proper drum brain
  • Markers for adjusting to the proper height
  • Wireless on all platforms

Plus, of course, updated reliability across the board as is typical with second-gen hardware. This is all off the top of my head, but it should be just about everything.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
EDIT beaten :(

BTW : I thought I read that the guitar now has some sort of accelorameter in it now (or something close to the tech of that) to make star power function every time.

I know GH4 does for sure, but I thought out of all the E3 videos somebody said that about RB.

Belgand

Sp3eD said:
EDIT beaten :(

BTW : I thought I read that the guitar now has some sort of accelorameter in it now (or something close to the tech of that) to make star power function every time.

I know GH4 does for sure, but I thought out of all the E3 videos somebody said that about RB.

I don't know if they announced that specifically, but they said they fixed it so, uh... super maybe?

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
I know I'm replying to an old post but:

Saerk said:
Anyone know if they are going to sell a rockband drum brain seperate? I'd buy that in a heart beat.

https://www.drumrocker.com/preorder/

It's $360. So $300 for the drum kit, $360 for a brain, $50 for another cymbal and $40 for another kick pedal. $750 (before tax and S&H) to turn the ION kit into a (non gimp) drum kit. Pass.

Struct09

BigBlackGamer said:
same day as the game HMXSean said. Sept. 14th

Haven't paid much attention, but did he also say the full bundle for 360 will be out right away too?

EDIT: I ventured over to the Rock Band forums.

Q:Will there be a Rock Band 2 bundle?
A:Harmonix's Sean has stated that he has no knowledge of a bundle avalible at release date. He has said there will be standalone instruments at launch.

:-/

Saerk

Archie said:

It's $360. So $300 for the drum kit, $360 for a brain, $50 for another cymbal and $40 for another kick pedal. $750 (before tax and S&H) to turn the ION kit into a (non gimp) drum kit. Pass.

Thanks for answering, but that is the wrong brain. I was thinking more along what the ION set uses to connect to Rockband. I'm hoping for something where I could plug in my Roland pads into and use them in the game.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
BigBlackGamer said:
yea no full bundle at launch. :(

I hate that they are doing that. My only hope is that they make the intruments the same price as #1 standalone. $60 for wireless guitar and $80 for drum. That will make it about $200 on launch day for the makeshift pack (and I guess I will eat the $30 mic that would be in the bundle to get it early).

So if those prices hold true, for me on launch day it will be,
$60 game
$60 new guitar
$80 new drums
$30 cymbal pack
$5 RB1 transfer pack

$235 on launch day!

And I know I am weak for RB stuff and will probably buy the mic that has the buttons on it (I think that is another $30-$40) so over $260 day 1.

EDIT: And I bet I will buy the Bass with the double strummer too. God I am pathetic :(

Harmonix needs to make a game system dedicated to rock band only. I would buy it.

Memles

Still fascinated and annoyed with the lack of a bundle on launch day - in fact, I don't even understand it, especially if the standalone instruments are going to be available. As someone who doesn't have any instruments, having been borrowing from someone away from their system for the summer, I might end up just buying everything separately (eating the extra cost) in order to keep Rock Band going ASAP as opposed to waiting a month.

Deadly

Sp3eD said:
I hate that they are doing that. My only hope is that they make the intruments the same price as #1 standalone. $60 for wireless guitar and $80 for drum. That will make it about $200 on launch day for the makeshift pack (and I guess I will eat the $30 mic that would be in the bundle to get it early).

$60 game
$60 new guitar
$80 new drums
$30 cymbal pack
$5 RB1 transfer pack

$235 on launch day!

And I know I am weak for RB stuff and will probably buy the mic that has the buttons on it (I think that is another $30-$40) so over $260 day 1.

EDIT: And I bet I will buy the Bass with the double strummer too. God I am pathetic :(

Harmonix needs to make a game system dedicated to rock band only. I would buy it.

Wow no bundle? that sucks. But what's this new mic with buttons? What purpose do they actually serve? regular 360/ps3 buttons?

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Deadly said:
Wow no bundle? that sucks. But what's this new mic with buttons? What purpose do they actually serve? regular 360/ps3 buttons?

2716311988_69e4719b34_o.jpg

MadCatzMic.jpg

It eliminates needing the controller to use it. It always seemed wasteful to drain my controllers batteries when I didn't need to. Hopefully they don't price this up at the first rumored $60 range. $30 would be just right :)

XShagrath

Sp3eD said:

It eliminates needing the controller to use it. It always seemed wasteful to drain my controllers batteries when I didn't need to. Hopefully they don't price this up at the first rumored $60 range. $30 would be just right :)

Bestbuy.com's got it up for pre-order at $60. I'd imagine since it's essentially a controller, you're going to get charged full "controller" price for it.

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49837
I think I'm going to go this route and go wireless mic for about $50 or so. The DIY job doesn't sound hard at all.

Sp3eD said:

$60 game
$60 new guitar
$80 new drums
$30 cymbal pack
$5 RB1 transfer pack

$235 on launch day!

yea thats alot of coin. lets not forget that Sept.14 is conviently the start of a new week. stores will get it on monday and they probably will have some big ass DLC megaton for the launch of RB2.

Struct09

My plan:

1. Buy Rock Band 2 standalone on 9/14
2. Buy Rock Band 2 bundle on 10/19
3. Sell extra standalone Rock Band 2 game (probably to one of my friends)

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
BigBlackGamer said:
yea thats alot of coin. lets not forget that Sept.14 is conviently the start of a new week. stores will get it on monday and they probably will have some big ass DLC megaton for the launch of RB2.

Sept 14th is a Sunday. Games that come out those days (almost all major Nintendo releases and their system launches) always ship early into stores to be avalible. If we were talking about a Tuesday I would understand, but Sunday? RB2 is trying to have a day in retail by itself :)

Struct09

Thank the lord it's launching on a Sunday this time. Rock Band 1 launched on a Tuesday, which caused me to stay up late Monday for the midnight release and then caused me to go crazy the next day at work. Now I can devote all of day 1 to the game without skipping work :D

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
My biggest hope is that if they are not putting the bundle out on day 1, they better flood stores with extra intruments. I seriously don't want to drive around trying to piece my megapack together on the 14th.

btrboyev

just came into this thread knowing I was gonna skip out on this years music games but damn this game has a good list. It even has my fav replacements song on it.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Archie said:

You know you can get a drum brain elsewhere for significantly cheaper?

ChrisGoldstein said:
What is this RB1 transfer pack for 5 bucks? To transfer the old songs you just can't buy the $60 game?

there will be a fee involved in transfering the songs from RB1 to RB2. HMX has said it will be no more then 5$.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
BigBlackGamer said:
there will be a fee involved in transfering the songs from RB1 to RB2. HMX has said it will be no more then 5$.
That's fair. I'm sure they wouldn't if they didn't have to pay some royalties and whatnot.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
BobsRevenge said:
That's fair. I'm sure they wouldn't if they didn't have to pay some royalties and whatnot.

They have to re-lisense all the songs with the artists under the "DLC contract" instead of a disk based ones (my guess is labels get a cut per download track thus this would pay for each song per RB1 pack downloaded).

Very fair in my eyes. I've been enjoying the shit out of this game for 9 monthes, and to have 50+ songs come back into another game is something I will complete support.

I just stuck my head in here, so can someone confirm something for me? There won't be a bundle (drums, guitar, game, mic) during launch on Sept. 14? But they're selling those 4 things separately?

AndresON777

shooting blanks
BigBlackGamer said:

Well not too bad, I'm still stoked about them replacing my guitar with a new one for free...and I bought the game in December of last year. I never even use the guitar but my brother and one of his friends damaged it on hard/expert. I've taken pretty good care of my drums no one has played them, I broke the pedal but I got a decent wooden one from ebay. Only bad thing is you cannot play barefoot because your foot slips.

whatdidyousay said:
Where/when was this mentioned? I looked a few pages back and didn't see anything...

hmxsean on the rock band forums said so. he is a developer for RB. so his word is gospel at this point.

Also EB/GS/Amazon sites suggest the same thing. Bundle for 360 in October and standalone instruments/game on sept. 14th.

Still kind of baffled as to why HMX has not put out a official press release with the date and pricing though. Do they not think this is a big deal?

BigBlackGamer said:
hmxsean on the rock band forums said so. he is a developer for RB. so his word is gospel at this point.

Also EB/GS/Amazon sites suggest the same thing. Bundle for 360 in October and standalone instruments/game on sept. 14th.

Okay, didn't mean to doubt you and your awesome avatar. Any news on pricing if they're separate?

whatdidyousay said:
Okay, didn't mean to doubt you and your awesome avatar. Any news on pricing if they're separate?

it's looking like it will be 90$ for the drum set and 70$ for the guitar. I don't think there shipping a stand-alone mic as I think mad catz will have theres ready at launch with all the buttons on the mic itself.

BigBlackGamer said:
it's looking like it will be 90$ for the drum set and 70$ for the guitar. I don't think there shipping a stand-alone mic as I think mad catz will have theres ready at launch with all the buttons on the mic itself.

Crap. I wasn't going to get the instruments this time around but reading that Gamespot article has me seriously considering it.

Will RB2 instruments work with GH4?

whatdidyousay said:
Crap. I wasn't going to get the instruments this time around but reading that Gamespot article has me seriously considering it.

Will RB2 instruments work with GH4?

for 360 yes but for other platforms it's really up in the air. Since all the RB2 instruments are wireless both have to conform to the MS standard of wireless tech. Red Octane has said though that when you plug in the RB2 drums that there game will change and "fit" into the RB2 drum set.

Roarer

So we're all pretty hyped up about Rock Band 2, right? Well, from the information I've gathered, there are still some things I wish they'd included. Please correct me if any of this stuff is in the game:

• Ability to rate songs (1-5), for all instruments
  • More statistics. For example: Most played songs, never played before, PPS (points per second) etc
  • More sorting options, especially using the above features. I would like to sort all my songs by rating, rank, most played, new ones etc etc. With a library of more than 500 songs it will be one mess scrolling through them all with the current system
  • Ability to save playlists. I think they just confirmed that we won't be able to do this :(
  • Faster load times, heh

Basically, I want the song selection and setlist creation to work just like iTunes more or less.

They are adding new sorting options I know that. Faster load times will also be possible when the new dash update comes out.

The other stuff I'm not too sure.

2/5 aint bad. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom