• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple Special Event - 10.16.14 - "It's been way too long"

Status
Not open for further replies.

zychi

Banned
Its about what we're down to though. Not much left you can do. Spec race is about done, so this is the obvious next step, along with wearables.

Battery life, better res screen(crazy right?) no bezel.

Basically all i want left with what they can do on ipad.

"Console quality" has been said pretty much every year :/

it is console quality.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Until you get people putting the damn thing into a keyboard case. Every time I use the iPad Air we have here at my work I take it out of the case and use it naked.
I sometimes wish I could do that with my mini. It's so thin and light and my case makes it twice that. But I know if I do I will drop it. It's also a stand so it's very convenient.

"All day battery life, 10 hours of battery."

.......hm.

I guess they sleep 14 hours each night?

Also, am I still the only one that thinks it's super embarrassing to take video and camera shots with something huge as an iPad (or any tablet)? Plus, for the price of that, I could get an infinitely better and legit camera.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
yeah, mute/rotation lock switch is gone.

maaaan. I loved that switch. sad that it’s gone now.

that switch is vital to the ipad why would they change it. i cant even imagine the ipad without it. thats like removing the home button.

Cse

Banned
So, the iPad Air 2 is 6.1 mm, has the same sensor as the iPhone 6/6 Plus, but doesn't bulge out from the device...

Meanwhile the 6 Plus is also 6.1 mm....yet has the camera bulge...

mid83

I have an iPad 2 so I might be picking this one up. It depends on the RAM. I won't bite on 1 GB but it has the rumored 2 GB then I'm sold.

Jaxx

Banned
The big question - can I play Solitaire and return to Safari and not have it constantly reload the page?

Corgi

Banned
glad the camera got improved. I mean its a losing game trying to get people to stop being assholes and taking pics with their tablets... at least they look decent now

mrkgoo

So, the iPad Air 2 is 6.1 mm, has the same sensor as the iPhone 6/6 Plus, but doesn't bulge out from the device...

Meanwhile the 6 Plus is also 6.1 mm....yet has the camera bulge...

Same sensor doesn't mean same optics.

Certinty

If the lowest storage version stays at £399 I'll actually consider getting an Air 2. I don't mind carrying my ultrabook around but the poor battery life makes me want to consider a tablet.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I can't wait to start making timeplapse stuff when I get the new phone.

Vyer

Nothing yet that is steering me away from the Nexus 9 as successor to the iPad Mini Retina.

I prefer my tablet to actually have tablet apps. As an owner of both nexus 7s, nothing about android tablets sets it apart from an iPad. Surface Pros have a much more legit claim to being significantly more unique.

LCfiner

hey just put your ipad down in the sand while I run up and jump right into it. don’t worry, I’ll miss it by a couple inches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom