• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple Special Event - 10.16.14 - "It's been way too long"

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdanVC

I'm not a fan of that golden color on devices. I prefer black or vivid/saturated colors. Even some pastel tones look nicer IMO. iPod Touchs an iPhone 5c are good examples of that.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I use the switch for rotation lock all the time. Can't believe they'd remove it. I know it'll just be in Control Center but still. Hopefully this means CC will have both the mute and lock toggles now. Before it simply displays the opposite setting from what you have the switch set to.

zychi

Banned
Wish they could tell us what console quality games from developers are coming.

kinectimals, ea, ubi games.

xbla has similar games.

console is a term for low end graphics gaming until a console that compares to a PC is available again.

mrkgoo

glad the camera got improved. I mean its a losing game trying to get people to stop being assholes and taking pics with their tablets... at least they look decent now

The backlash against tablet picture taking has to stop. I think it looks silly yes, but technology changes and our use of them changes. We just look like old men yelling at clouds.

I remember when the idea of taking photos by holding a camera at arms length, composing with an LCD looked weird. And using phone cameras was laughed at. There's always something people aren't used to as they get older but is just normal for others growing up.

Tablet photo taking, selfies and vertical videos is that rigy now.

AlexMogil

594238a9-5ffa-4438-a992-ed7be68cd5a1.png

I always thought that looked funny.

PAY.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Hyperlapse App on iPhone 5 - 6 Plus is MUCH MUCH MUCH better than the iPhone timelapse feature

I have that on my 4S, its super cool. But its not like, timelapse timelapse. It just plays your video all fancy-like.

I'm watching the liveblog on Engadget. What are they saying over there?

Here's an example:
We always knew this day was coming, but we refused to believe it. We saw our dads and goofy-looking tourists around the world using their iPads as cameras and we turned away, lying to ourselves; the future was happening and we held fast to the past.

If this thing had a hinge and a front facing camera light, I'd be all over this thing in an instant.

Still, the CPU/GPU and battery performance are a tasty, tasty addition. I'm seriously considering this.

Somnid

Everyone essentially took a year off from tablets. Almost nothing noteworthy among all the big players. Not that I'm surprised but it's clear tablets will not see the same trajectory as phones did and I imagine this will lead to further declining of the market.

Here's an example:

That's fucking embarrassing. I really, really do hope they were joking...

Everyone essentially took a year off from tablets. Almost nothing noteworthy among all the big players. Not that I'm surprised but it's clear tablets will not see the same trajectory as phones did and I imagine this will lead to further declining of the market.

The Nexus 9 is pretty much a huge step for Nexus tablets with some outstanding stuff involved in it. Especially with the nVidia K1 chip.

BFIB

That's fucking embarrassing. I really, really do hope they were joking...

The Nexus 9 is pretty much a huge step for Nexus tablets with some outstanding stuff involved in it. Especially with the nVidia K1 chip.

I'm shocked. Literally shocked by this from the Verge:

NILAY PATEL10:53:02 AM PDT
So this is all really nice, but so far it is A: exactly what was leaked and B: not very exciting.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Pixelmator for iOS? Pretty cool. But I still haven't switched to Pixelmator for OS X because it still lacks basic workflow features that my old dusty copy of PhotoShop CS3 (Which is still working on Yosemite despite being older than dirt now) has.

And while I was typing this I missed everything the guy said about it. Is it a full featured image editing app, or just another lite editor like that PhotoShop app for iOS was?

So this is all really nice, but so far it is A: exactly what was leaked and B: not very exciting.

So it's either *splooge in pants* or "Okay, so it was in the leaks. Move along."

zychi

Banned

if it wasnt leaked theyd be calling it the next big thing in computers

No you don't get 15 hours of use from your Air. No chance in hell.

safari + low brightness

i've gotten the same before just browsing the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom