• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple Special Event - 10.16.14 - "It's been way too long"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aiii

So not worth it
Not once have I thought to myself "boy, I wish my iPad was even thinner!" There is a distinct factor of diminishing returns in slimming electronics. They made the last one so light and thin, there is nowhere really left to go.

Two Words

Why are they so insistent on improving the iPad in a manner that wasn't a problem? Nobody thought the iPad Air was too thick.

Not once have I thought to myself "boy, I wish my iPad was even thinner!" There is a distinct factor of diminishing returns in slimming electronics. They made the last one so light and thin, there is nowhere really left to go.

yes there is. 13 inch ipad

Vyer

Yeah, I disagree entirely when it comes to the iPad. The weight differential between the 3/4 and the Air made it a considerably better experience.

Yeah I'd like better battery life and a better camera.

BFIB

Its about what we're down to though. Not much left you can do. Spec race is about done, so this is the obvious next step, along with wearables.

How about instead of 18% thinner you use that space for a bigger battery and extra space for TMP.

I firmly believe thinness is their #1 priority with their devices, everything else comes second. Not everything needs to be the thinnest thing ever. Keep the same thickness as the previous one and give it more room for better camera and battery features. Plus, it'd add more rigidity.

Chris R

Look at it this way. The thinner they make the device, the less thick it feels when you put a case on it.

Until you get people putting the damn thing into a keyboard case. Every time I use the iPad Air we have here at my work I take it out of the case and use it naked.

performance

7YzsUzV.jpg

qYVK2Am.jpg

10 hour battery life

I firmly believe thinness is their #1 priority with their devices, everything else comes second. Not everything needs to be the thinnest thing ever. Keep the same thickness as the previous one and give it more room for better camera and battery features. Plus, it'd add more rigidity.

They do this every other year.

AdanVC

Looking forward to see 10,000 videos on YouTube of people testing the new iPad Air 2 to see if it can bend, hah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom