• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple Special Event - 10.16.14 - "It's been way too long"

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not sure whats changed in the app but I was a big-time pixelmator user from 2008-2012ish and it was a great. I don't think it was ever intended to stand up against pro grade software like photoshop.

Ape

Banned
Is it a straight port?

No not really, but it is about as close as the iPad has produces as far as graphics go to last gen's graphics.

The verge isn't even covering "its road trip" or any of the embarrassing slide show pics from earlier. I should just stick to the other live blogs.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
It'll be 16/64/128 just like the iPhone I bet. Don't understand why they can't just take the small hit and put 32 in the baseline of all the devices. It sells tons anyway. They'll still make a fuckload of money. It's just as bad as when they held onto 64GB in the low end MacBook Air. 64GB was small as shit even back then.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not a fan of that golden color on devices. I prefer black or vivid/saturated colors. Even some pastel tones look nicer IMO. iPod Touchs an iPhone 5c are good examples of that.

The 5S gold was much nicer, more champagne and less gaudy gold :/

Oh man his expression followed up by the epic lighting version of "It's Road Trip" is killing me.

This so much :)

Ensirius

It'll be 16/64/128 just like the iPhone I bet. Don't understand why they can't just take the small hit and put 32 in the baseline of all the devices. It sells tons anyway. They'll still make a fuckload of money.

Because if they do that, people who were compelled to buy the mid specced ipad will just say fuck it and buy the 32 gig base model. I know I would.

Somnid

The Nexus 9 is pretty much a huge step for Nexus tablets with some outstanding stuff involved in it. Especially with the nVidia K1 chip.

It was a huge step for Nexus because they changed form-factor to something larger and the N7(2014) had an older SoC. Comparing it with a 2014 Fire HDX or an iPad Air it didn't really move the ball anymore than Apple or Amazon have this year.

mid83

Honestly what are people expecting? Like with smartphones, they aren't going to be able to reinvent the wheel every year. Better specs are the major upgrades at this point.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Yep. 16/64/128. STOP THAT APPLE! COME ON!

I guess that means they win. Because everyone's just going to spend the $100 more to get 48GB more.

mnannola

This comment from the verge livestream cracked me up:

"Dan Seifert points out that I have no children, and thus no understanding of why vacation montage videos are a Thing. This is true. My vacation montage is just a 36-pack of Coors Light, slowly dwindling into regret."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom