• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple Special Event - 10.16.14 - "It's been way too long"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aticos

"It's been way too long"
heres-a-great-story-about-that-time-apple-launched-a-videogame-console-and-it-was-a-massive-flop.jpg

Wow a lot of people don't have the yosemite beta on here. It's a very nice OS... Hopefully they releases it for everyone today. Ios8 + yosemite is amazing.

AndTAR

Of course they'll probably just save on the Air 2 LCD (no reason not to - good screen already, and similar to how they saved on RAM last year.) However, considering the supposed iPad mini limitations, the more I think about it:

iPad mini 3: A8, 1GB RAM, "Retina" display ...
iPad Air 2: A8X, 2GB RAM, 3x "Retina HD" display

I'm wondering if this 9.7", 3072 x 2304, 396 ppi display is really too far fetched. It should be from a pure supply chain viewpoint, of course, given the rumors that they are already having issues with hi-res LCD production (pushing back iPad Pro, to produce enough ~400 ppi LCDs for the iPhone 6 Plus.)

Wow a lot of people don't have the yosemite beta on here. It's a very nice OS... Hopefully they releases it for everyone today. Ios8 + yosemite is amazing.

If it goes out today I'll literally be patrolling various Apple shop-in-shops tomorrow. Maybe overzealous, but I've had no chance at all to try that beta, lol.

MercuryLS

Banned

Yeah I have the Yosemite beta on my 13" rMBP. It runs better than Mavericks did, much smoother. A little buggy, but that's expected. Look forward to to the final today (hopefully).

It's an excellent OS, such a nice design upgrade.

Is yosemite safe enough to upgrade to for everyday use? I have access to public and developer site. Any preference which version I should go for?

Aiii

So not worth it
The whole Apple Store launch day shit is still soooooooo weird. I wonder what aliens think of us when they observe that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom