• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple to hold iPhone 4 press conference this Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Haha, this is glorious. CNBC is comparing Steve Jobs to Lebron James :lol

SimleuqiR

Liu Kang Baking A Pie said:
You guys are like the assholes that never let people finish sentences. Let Jobs get his ego out of the way first. He's not just going to say "b-b-but" for 30 minutes.

:lol No disagreement here. :lol

Horsebite said:
ROFL.

Seriously?? If this was such a problem with other phones, people would have complained. :lol :lol
3 million people noticed something that the 200 Droid Eris and Samsung Omnia 2 users didn't. Fucking shocking.

offshore

Teddman said:
There's going to be a "repair plan."

A Genius Bar employee puts a piece of duct tape on the corner.:lol

If the Genius Bar employee is as unhelpful and as rude as the one I dealt with today, this wouldn't surprise me.

noah111

Still Alive
Zombie James said:
This is embarrassing. Just announce what you're going to do to fix YOUR problems.
How so? First they need to make it clear that this is a phone problem, not a specific iPhone problem, however more prevalent it may be in the iPhone 4.

As long as their acknowledging the mistake and offering a fix, saying it isn't as big of a deal is acceptable to me.

Dartastic

345triangle said:
iphone-reception-pc-0858-rm-eng.jpg

...is it just me or is this table backwards

I thought the same thing. :lol

LCfiner

my god. everyone here is out for blood. no surprise looking at all the usual avatars

----

We went to a lot of trouble to put this beautiful line in the stainless steel to say here's where you touch it everybody... and we had incorrect bars, so when it did drop the drop looked far more catastrophic

but we screwed up on our algorithm

Our choice is to put the correct algorithm in which we've just done

They tested this back and forth and knew about it, but didn't think it would be a big problem because every smartphone has this issue.

---

Holy Shit

CEREBRO

iphone-reception-pc-0876-rm-eng.jpg

Raistlin

And now they're disregarding the fact that the 'location' of the problem spot is what makes it such an issue on this phone.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
but where are the charts showing that OSX is 2x faster than Windows Vista in comparable tasks??

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Interfectum said:
For anti-apple fanatics? Yes... yes it is.

Isn't there a middle ground of people who just think this is stupid? Do we have to declare sides? I have an iPhone and a Macbook Pro and I love them, but the iPhone 4.0 is a PR disaster - one where the most-oft repeated problem was "arrogance". And they are holding a press conference that is making it worse and more arrogant.

Awesome test chamber!

Also he makes a good point that it's easier to make a big deal out of the signal drop where the spot that causes it is clearly visibly marked on the phone.

WillyFive

Dan said:
Haha, this is glorious. CNBC is comparing Steve Jobs to Lebron James :lol

CNBC shouln't be talking, saying Steve Jobs is doing it wrong, while the conference is still going on.

They are like NeoGAF posters.

antispin

“We knew that if you gripped it in a certain way the bars would go down a little — just like every smartphone. It’s a challenge to the entire industry, and we’re hoping to make some contributions to this in the coming years.”

But didn't he say they just found out?

itxaka

Defeatist
Kano On The Phone said:
3 million people noticed something that the 200 Droid Eris and Samsung Omnia 2 users didn't. Fucking shocking.

Affects all phones, or so they say. Probably 10 or 50 times the iphone userbase out there that didn't notice that no? like 30 million blackberry users?

"We knew that you could see bars drop on the phone when you hold it in a certain way, it's a fact, phones aren't perfect. But people are reporting better reception with this antenna than they've ever seen before."

What? He said earlier they only found out 22 days ago :/

SRG01

By the way, as an EE, I don't see the need for "Cerebro" chambers like that. It's not like they're inventing some drastically different technology. It's RF engineering for crying out loud. They don't have to reinvent the wheel.

Ramma2

OuterWorldVoice said:
Isn't there a middle ground of people who just think this is stupid? Do we have to declare sides? I have an iPhone and a Macbook Pro and I love them, but the iPhone 4.0 is a PR disaster - one where the most-oft repeated problem was "arrogance". And they are holding a press conference that is making it worse and more arrogant.

Agreed. I'm on my 3rd generation of ipod, my wife is on her 2nd of the iphone. I am a fan of both yet still I can see everything that is crazy about this.

NYR

0.55% of all iPhone customers have called AppleCare with an antenna issue?? Real good reason to call a press conference then...puh-lease!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom