• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple to hold iPhone 4 press conference this Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

itxaka

Defeatist
Technosteve said:
I just had an out of memory error pop up when i was using twitter app wtf... nothing crashed but why did it happen?

Can't wait for nintendo to make a phoneconsole

I had one of those too, I think is due to the backgrounding method reserving ram or not freeing it quickly enough.

Only happened one time though, and it was gone 10 seconds later.

itxaka

Defeatist
wow apple

BPnpD.jpg

Teddman

It's already leaked that Apple is just going to be offering a voluntary "repair plan" for current iPhone 4 owners and fixing the issue in future production runs. A bit anti-climactic.

LCfiner

ok, so they started off playing the iPhone 4 antenna song. huh.

let's see how they handle this. so far, seems like they might be aiming for levity

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Teddman said:
It's already leaked that Apple is just going to be offering a voluntary "repair plan" for current iPhone 4 owners and fixing the issue in future production runs. A bit anti-climactic.

A revision B of the hardware is the best thing that they could do.

This would be a good way of handling it if true.

teiresias

Playing a video that says "if you don't like it bring it back"? Completely missing the PR boat on this one.

And sales figures? Haha.

Twit.tv are such idiots, making Toyota comparisons after Toyota has been almost competely exonerated. Can't listen to this shit any more - to the Engadget liveblog!

gcubed

so if Consumer Reports didnt publish the "Do not buy" do you think apple would have given a shit?

Gary Whitta said:
Twit.tv are such idiots, making Toyota comparisons after Toyota has been almost competely exonerated.

umm... no, they haven't... at all. I'd suggest re-reading and comprehension

pxleyes

Banned
Sales figures? :lol

Gary Whitta said:
Twit.tv are such idiots, making Toyota comparisons after Toyota has been almost competely exonerated.
I just hear hear them laughing at Apple's response in the press conference so far. Not one mention of Toyota in the last 10 minutes.

"This was 22 days ago... we haven't had out head in the sand. We've been working on this for just 22 days. We are an engineering company, and we want to find out what the real problem is. We've been working our butts off so we can come up with real solutions. And we want to share what we've learned."

They only found this out 22 days ago?

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
10:09AM "We started getting reports about issues with the antenna system, and, the problems they were saying... Gizmodo put their video on the web, touching the corner, and people were seeing a large drop in bars."

did he just try and troll Gizmodo?

he mad

LCfiner

some quotes from the Ars feed

---------

"We're not perfect" (Jobs)

Phones aren't perfect either... But we want to make all of our users happy.

"We love making our users happy."

"We're going to talk about how we're going to do that today... but before we get into that I want to talk about theproblems and the data we've got so that we can make sure we make all our users happy."

We hard about this just 22days ago from today. It's not like Apple's had its head in the sand for 3 months on this... apple is an engineering driven company.

We've been working... we want to share what we've learned

Let's go right to the data.

Zombie James said:
They only found this out 22 days ago?

tends to happen when your product has a year lead time, problem with apple they don't test products very thoroughly due to the lead times they have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom