• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple to hold iPhone 4 press conference this Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Seriously, can you guys wait until he's done? If at the end he's like, deal with it, then fine, but he's not finished.

numble

NYR said:
0.55% of all iPhone customers have called AppleCare with an antenna issue?? Real good reason to call a press conference then...puh-lease!
The press conference is aimed at future purchasers.

NYR said:
0.55% of all iPhone customers have called AppleCare with an antenna issue?? Real good reason to call a press conference then...puh-lease!
The overblown media coverage of the problem is what's created the real issue that they've been forced to respond to.

iphone-reception-pc-0873-rm-eng.jpg

I can't believe this is real. It's like some torture room deep within Apple.

Flo_Evans

NYR said:

How many couldn't get a signal to call them though.... :lol

Interfectum said:
"but never did they anticipate it causing such a problem for consumers."

That's irrelevant. They went from "we only found out 22 days ago" to "we knew about the problem all along" in the same conference.

WillyFive

CNBC is saying a .5% complaint rate is unacceptable and ridiculous for a company as big as Apple.

They obviously never heard of the Xbox 360.

pxleyes

Banned
SephCast said:
Seriously, can you guys wait until he's done? If at the end he's like, deal with it, then fine, but he's not finished.
It's a forum. A stream of thought and information, so no. We will respond to each sentence just like every press conference every put in a thread on neogaf.

Summary:

1. I know we do, but so do they
2. We fixed the algorithm (but didn't notice until now)
3. Only a few people care, no-one called us
4. Press said it was more than it is

LCfiner

in early days of iPhone 3GS, att's return rate was 6%

what are they for iPhone4?

We've got the data now, and the hard data says it's 1.7%

iphone-reception-pc-0911-rm-eng.jpg

so I guess people just love the retina screen so much they can't give up the iPhone 4.

X26

Banned
itxaka said:
Affects all phones, or so they say. Probably 10 or 50 times the iphone userbase out there that didn't notice that no? like 30 million blackberry users?

logic means nothing to the apple faithful

okno

JudgeN said:
Did they really compare the Iphone 4 to a god damn blackberry 9700? That phone is like 2 years old :lol
You would be surprised at the amount of people I see with a 9700.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
OuterWorldVoice said:
Isn't there a middle ground of people who just think this is stupid? Do we have to declare sides? I have an iPhone and a Macbook Pro and I love them, but the iPhone 4.0 is a PR disaster - one where the most-oft repeated problem was "arrogance". And they are holding a press conference that is making it worse and more arrogant.
A middle ground...on GAF?

gcubed

Willy105 said:
CNBC is saying a .5% complaint rate is unacceptable and ridiculous for a company as big as Apple.

They obviously never heard of the Xbox 360.

i would think a 0.5% complaint rate isn't a big deal... though i have no idea

pxleyes

Banned
No shit people haven't returned it Steve. They are holding out that you might actually fix it before they decide to return it.

bachikarn

Gary Whitta said:
The overblown media coverage of the problem is what's created the real issue that they've been forced to respond to.

And the overblown media coverage was due to Jobs arrogant response to the situation. You're holding it wrong, durr

CrankyJay

Banned
SephCast said:

Are you fucking serious, guy? :lol

How about YOU check back into this thread when the press conference is over to protect your virgin eyes.

Teddman

Cereal KiIIer said:
By the looks of it they won't do a fucking thing :lol
Believe me, they are going to reveal a repair plan.

This is about convincing owners that they don't need it to get as few repairs as possible.

Blackface

Banned
Gary Whitta said:
Awesome test chamber!

Also he makes a good point that it's easier to make a big deal out of the signal drop where the spot that causes it is clearly visibly marked on the phone.

insert 100 facepalms.

Evander

"industry expert"
delirium said:
Did Apple just admit they knew about the problem before releasing it? Couldn't the class action use this against them?

Yes they could. Apple's best defense would have been "we didn't know". Instead they are running with "You idiots should have known better."

If they don't have something good at the end of this conference, today may very well be the tipping point a lot of people were waiting for to see Apple's public image start to go downhill. Last time I was told that I "should have known better" by a company I sure didn't stick with them.

X26

Banned
NYR said:

a much larger % have vented about it on the internet

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
clashfan said:
Apple is coming off as very snotty.

This must be your first experience with Apple.

ZZMitch

"Even though we think the iPhone 4 is superior to the 3GS antenna... it drops more calls per 100 than the 3GS. We're being transparent. So how many more does it drop than the 3GS?"

Interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom