• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple to hold iPhone 4 press conference this Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dartastic

iphone-reception-pc-0950-rm-eng.jpg

Yup. Free bumpers.

Britprog

I think everybody who has a 4 should call applecare if they have the issue, just to log it so jobs can't pull 0.55% number out of his ass

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Liu Kang Baking A Pie said:
I buy that this is super arrogant, but will the hard data on returns and AT&T's logs of dropped calls finally shut up everyone that thinks people without problems are just defensive fanboys?
WILL YOU JUST WAIT UNTIL HE'S FINISHED BEFORE WEIGHING IN?!?! JEEZ GUYS.

noah111

Still Alive
Chittagong said:
:lol

Steve's theory is that it drops more calls that 3GS because they didn't have enough bumpers available?
Err, no. It's that the 3GS had more cases out since it wasn't a huge revamp from the 3G, thus most people had cases. Not the case with the iPhone 4. Nothing to do with not enough bumpers specifically.

numble

pxleyes said:
No shit people haven't returned it Steve. They are holding out that you might actually fix it before they decide to return it.
They were comparing returns around 3GS launch to returns around iPhone 4 launch.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Big companies are awesome, heres why:

"hey company! I have this problem"
COMPANY: "No you dont have this problem you fucking idiot, heres a chart"

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Bitmap Frogs said:
"We are not appeasing customers with free bumpers"

Apple, two weeks ago.

:lol :lol

I guess it pretty much went like : "fuck complainers, lets give them some free bumpers so maybe they will shut up"

verbum

I thought the 360 versus Wii versus PS3 threads of 2007 were bad . This thread has them beat with the fanaticism on both sides.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
But......I don't want a free bumper....I run caseless :(

I guess my electrical tape fix will have to do, until I complain about dust under my screen and they give me a new phone 8 months from now.

Zeppu

Liu Kang Baking A Pie said:
Because that is a conspiracy theory. There's no meat to it.

10:18AM "We knew that you could see bars drop on the phone when you hold it in a certain way, it's a fact, phones aren't perfect. But people are reporting better reception with this antenna than they've ever seen before."

noah111

Still Alive
Bitmap Frogs said:
"We are not appeasing customers with free bumpers"

Apple, two weeks ago.
Oh come on, they didn't say they WON'T, they said they aren't currently, which was a response to a rumor that they're giving out free cases which wasn't the case (no pun intended) at the time.

Raging Spaniard said:
Big companies are awesome, heres why:

"hey company! I have this problem"
COMPANY: "No you dont have this problem you fucking idiot, heres a chart"
They acknowledged that some people are having a problem. Jobs literally said it several times.

Tapiozona

Banned
badcrumble said:
Free cases for everyone. Problem solved IMO.
Way to be a good consumer. Accept mediocrity, it's what keeps capitalism going!

You really think a bandaid solves the problem? Problem is still there..it's just hidden behind a huge ugly case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom