• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple Watch |OT| Apple invents the watch!

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
god damn the brown modern buckel and steel is a sight to behold even on my shitty tn panel

my goodness gracious

HoTHiTTeR

Welp, bought 3.

42mm Sport Space Gray / 4-6 week shipping within seconds of the app being alive. ( the one I want the most )
42mm Milanese loop / 4/24-5/8 estimate ( probably the one I'll keep )
42mm Sport w/ White band / 4/24 estimate ( probably the one my co-worker who I'm sure forgot about the launch will want )

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Got the 38mm Stainless Steel with a Milanese Loop Preordered! With a 4/24-5/8 Delivery date!

Also ordered a black sports band separate. Lawd.

I can only hope this is going to end up like the iPhone 6, with a huge chunk of the early orders going out on launch despite shipping estimates. I don't think I can handle a month.

riotous

Banned
I got the 42mm black sport order in fairly quickly. E-mail says Apr 24th-May 8th.

I then went to order a white sport band and a black leather one and they say "May" and Late-April/May respectively.

Black Sport is now June. The Black SS with Steel Band was already June 5 minutes in....

This is pretty ridiculous.

If they were THAT short on supply, I'd be flabergasted at Apple for hyping this up with that lack of supply.

I ordered 2.

Black Sport - 4-6 weeks
SS with Black Sport Band - 4-6 weeks.

Insane.

Just to confirm.....no one has been able to do in store pickup right?

Pretty sure the Apple press release from a few hours ago confirmed they wouldn't be doing in store pickup for the Watch, in what seems to be an attempt to stop people from lining up days in advance.

Wtf with June...
The Space Black watch was delayed - the very moment the Apple Store app worked for me, I went to that watch in my bookmarks, and it was already May13-27 shipment (order completed at 12:02am, same shipping dates). Someone else on the MacRumors forum had the same experience. So it seems you got in the second shipment of it.

billeh

Black Sport is now June. The Black SS with Steel Band was already June 5 minutes in....

If they were THAT short on supply, I'd be flabergasted at Apple for hyping this up with that lack of supply.

I ordered 2.

Black Sport - 4-6 weeks

Insane.
Really curious what their preorder numbers are. Watch them outsell Pebble LTD in a span of 15 minutes.

finalflame

I mean, there are a large number of SKUs for this product. Do you not remember the white iPhone 4? It was announced but didn't actually ship until over a year later.

Apple is low on stock for their new product releases all the time.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
I'm glad to see the preorder hype was actually real (or supply was that low :|)...justifies me getting up for this. The one I ordered is now at 4-6 weeks instead of 4/24-5/8.

Is there anyone in the US whose order says 4/24?

yWfK7Lv.png

For those interested, this watch combo still seems to be available for 4/24.

Hasney

I ordered 2.

Black Sport - 4-6 weeks

Insane.

I think they set a release date ready for when they have enough to sell a limited quantity of. It makes sense, they now get the "sold out in x minutes" headlines so they can say how huge of a demand it has. Hopefully they announce how many orders they got Day 1.

My punishment for using a gift card was 2 weeks. Man. It hurts gaf. It hurts.

I know the feel. Had to use my PayPal balance as it wouldn't transfer to my bank account in time, so I was just furiously refreshing the store while everyone else had bought and paid for their watches. I can't believe it took them almost fifteen minutes to get the site up.

I really can't handle a 4-6 week wait at this point, as childish as that may seem. I didn't stay up this late so I could get pushed to the back of a queue just because I'm still using a 5S without Apple Pay.

Namikaze

Said I wasn't in for gen 1, and yet here I am with a 42mm Black Sport preorder, lol. Estimated delivery 4/24-5/8. I Hope I can add AppleCare tomorrow.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Managed to pick one up at the request of a mate, the $799 black one, whatever it was :p

I got to experience the excitement of ordering and the anticlimax of a delivery wait without spending a cent!

finalflame

Said I wasn't in for gen 1, and yet here I am with a 42mm Black Sport preorder, lol. Estimated delivery 4/24-5/8. I Hope I can add AppleCare tomorrow.

You got consumed by the hype. It's ok, many of us did.

Gonna be a long two weeks waiting for the watch to arrive!

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Trying to make an appointment for 7:30pm tomorrow.

Anyone else have it where your order has the wrong billing address? I used ApplePay to complete the order, which is something that has been working well at ... Walgreens.

So my ApplePay works, but the billing address turned out to be some old work address and that's not what shows up anywhere for my account.

Top Bottom