• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple Watch |OT| Apple invents the watch!

riotous

Banned
Anyone else have it where your order has the wrong billing address? I used ApplePay to complete the order, which is something that has been working well at ... Walgreens.

So my ApplePay works, but the billing address turned out to be some old work address and that's not what shows up anywhere for my account.

Yeah been using AP on my phone since launch.

It had no billing info for me though; it even asked for my email address.

Managed to fill it out soon enough to get the 4/24-5/8 window but cost me several minutes.

iFirez

My confirmation email says 4/24-5/8. I think everyone's does. WV here.

Yeah same in the US, UK... wherever :D
I think it's to do with allocation and stock why they have set a 2 week window from the release date as there's so many different version/bands and such.

I grabbed two. It seems most of this was shipping with an initial 4-6 week delay. I got my wifes Silver with white sport strap 38mm for 4/24. My SS with black sport is saying mid to late May which is fine with me.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Only 40 minutes afterward too. These things will be impossible to find for a few weeks for anyone who doesn't pre-order.

Sean

Banned
Wow. Judging by this thread and now this, the Space Grey Sport looks to be the most popular model.

Probably because it's the cheapest model with a black band.

Kind of shitty that you can't get the Silver Sport with a black band unless you pay an extra $50. After seeing some of the pics though I think the Space Grey Sport looks nicer anyhow.

Finally got the order page to load on the website and my order is still being processed. Honestly, kind of nervous about random cancellations, but I guess I can only wait and see at this point.

Yeah been using AP on my phone since launch.

It had no billing info for me though; it even asked for my email address.

Managed to fill it out soon enough to get the 4/24-5/8 window but cost me several minutes.

I have the same window, and I can't worry about it as there's nothing that can be done and ApplePay has been working so...

I'll just let it be.

Hasney

Whoops

CCNsx0MUwAA5Dwb.png

Get three people fitting 3 watches up one arm.

I have 3 watches on order.

1 is being processed and allows me to cancel now.

The other 2 haven't begun processing yet and I can't cancel.

Hopeful that first one will deliver early.

jts

...hate me...
Alright, even with 4-6 weeks still ordered a 42mm sport blue and Apple Care+.

2 questions:
1) Do they inform me as it is about to be shipped?
2) Can I cancel at any time until then?

I personally think, for some models, Apple was always going to be shipping a little later. I could be completely wrong though.

I do think demand is a lot stronger than I predicted though which is great. The more ubiquitous they become the more exciting some of the features will be.

Yeah, the steel link bracelets were shipping in 4-6 weeks as soon as the store went up.

Ainaurdur

I forgot to update my payment info earlier in the day, so I had to take a moment to enter my new card, and it cost me time indeed. My email confirmation was at 3:05am.

Watch Sport 42mm Space Gray | 4-6 weeks
42mm Milanese Loop (band only) | 2-4 weeks

Juice

Alright, signing out of this mess.

My watch story ended up great, but I'm really annoyed because my MacBook order is suddenly saying "Ship to Store" in the email confirmation even though it had said Available Today in the app.

Guess I'll just have to drive in and try to buy it again today.

ckohler

Does anyone else's confirmation e-mail have their shipping address appear like this?:

Code:
Firstname Lastname  <-(My name)
123456-7890  <-(My phone number, sorta?)

1234 Street St.  <-(My address)
City, State
Zip

The part that concerns me is that it sorta has my phone number under my name, which is weird.

Does anyone else's confirmation e-mail have their shipping address appear like this?:

Code:

City, State
Zip

The part that concerns me is that it sorta has my phone number under my name, which is weird.

Mine is the same.

Code:

City, State
Zip

That's what mine looks like. I guess that's just how Apple Pay formats it.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, my order confirmation has my phone number under my name as well.

SuperPac

Code:

City, State
Zip

Yes, same here. Phone number with no -'s under the name. I did not use Apple Pay.

jts

...hate me...
4-6 weeks team unite!

Them 4/24 orders gonna be beta testing for us.

btw, seeing how fast the space gray went, further consolidated my idea of going with silver.

Kinda sucks that I could have gotten my order in earlier but for some reason the App was saying the store was down even when I force closed the app.

I had to do a hard reset to my phone to get in the store. :\

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Tbh I guess I'm cool with a May shipmate because it'll give my budget a bit more room.

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
4-6 weeks team unite!

Them 4/24 orders gonna be beta testing for us.

btw, seeing how fast the space gray went, further consolidated my idea of going with silver.
I preordered as soon as the store went up and it got canceled moments later because I live in Saudi and the US Apple Store doesn't allow freight forwarding services for new product launches. :/

Now I ordered from the UK store (paid about $100 more) and I'm a part of the 4-6 weeks crew. Can't hate that the initial group's gonna test it out for me.

This means I won't be charged and can cancel my order by 5/12 right?

Hobohodo

In the nebulous June shipment for the space grey sport. Is there any chance that gets bump up? Never preordered an apple product so no idea if your stuck with what you get or what in terms of release days. Still June is fine with me, let's exams be out of the way so I can play around without being distracted.

Really interested to learn the preorder numbers on this. What kind of info can we expect apple to give?

if i remember from past iPhone pre-ordering, the shipping dates are conservative and usually move up. Probably won't be launch day, but might be closer to late April/early may then late many

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.

jts

...hate me...
I preordered as soon as the store went up and it got canceled moments later because I live in Saudi and the US Apple Store doesn't allow freight forwarding services for new product launches. :/

Now I ordered from the UK store (paid about $100 more) and I'm a part of the 4-6 weeks crew. Can't hate that the initial group's gonna test it out for me.

This means I won't be charged and can cancel my order by 5/12 right?
I'm not sure but I think so.

I am also forwarding my order but from Germany, as the Watch is not yet for sale in Finland. First time forwarding, hope everything goes smoothly.

I was really on the fence on this. My wife thinks I'm crazy for buying gadgets. I got her an iPad, and at first she was nice about the thought that counts, but she said that she didn't need it. After a week with the thing, she couldn't live without it.

So she's giving me a bit of crap about getting this watch. I'm getting it. It feels like it might be a rough ride with the first iteration, but I can sell this and get the new one. Why wait?

There is going to be a bit of a stigma for this new watch. I guess I don't care. A little bit of Christmas happens two weeks from now.

Blackhead

Redarse
Is Apple selling all stock via preorders or will there be some available for 'in store pickup' on launch day?
Really interested to learn the preorder numbers on this. What kind of info can we expect apple to give?
very little imo
iPhone 5 Pre-Orders Top Two Million in First 24 Hours - Apple.com
Apple remains quiet on iPhone 5s, 5c pre-order figures
This is the first time since 2009 where pre-order figures have not been dished out to the media. It's typical of Apple to give some level of indication after the first weekend of pre-orders how well the device is doing
Apple Announces Record Pre-orders for iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus Top Four Million in First 24 Hours - Apple.com

Apple will announce the preorder numbers if they are huge

Fliesen

They also give the iPhone numbers in the earnings calls. They've said they're not doing that with the Watch.

because anything below a million pre-orders would be considered a massive failure, ... even though it wouldn't in fact be a failure in any way, shape or form.

because anything below a million pre-orders would be considered a massive failure, ... even though it wouldn't in fact be a failure in any way, shape or form.

Given the huge shipping delays just in the past hour and half, it seems likely they've sold at least this, unless they're being super conservative with shipping estimates or manufactured far fewer units than what was previously estimated. I placed my order just 10 minutes past 3 AM, and it was already pushed to May.

Looked at current revenue and decided that would lump everything that wasn't a Mac or iPad or Service or iPhone in one category. In future, might decide different. For now, in Q1, we're not shipping Apple Watches. So it seems appropriate to start it that way. Also, to be also straight, I'm not very anxious to report a lot of numbers on Apple Watch and giving a lot of detail on it. Our competitors are looking for it. Aggregating it is helpful from that point of view as well.

http://www.macrumors.com/2014/10/20/apple-earnings-fiscal-2014/

Apple doesn&#8217;t plan toreveal Apple Watch sales numbers next year: Cupertino lumped the product into the &#8220;Other&#8221; category with the Apple TV and iPod. Cook says the move isn&#8217;t an indicator that Apple is expecting weak sales out of the gate, but noted that he&#8217;s not anxious to give competitors those sales numbers either.

http://www.cultofmac.com/300341/takeaways-apple-q4-2014-earnings-call/#23B2qxBamr4DWimt.99

I'm not saying they won't reveal any pre-order numbers if they're huge, but they're obviously not keen on sharing a lot of info on the sales numbers.

Fliesen

Given the huge shipping delays just in the past hour and half, it seems likely they've sold at least this, unless they're being super conservative with shipping estimates or manufactured far fewer units than what was previously estimated. I placed my order just 10 minutes past 3 AM, and it was already pushed to May.

there is no real way you could come to that conclusion. We have no idea about how supply-constrained they are.
The fact that there's no release window for "second wave" countries, and that there's no date on which they will stock their Apple stores with purchasable boxes makes it seem that they're having trouble churning out as many watches as they would like to be selling.

don't get me wrong, the AppleWatch is going to sell really well, but i doubt they're going to have 25% of the pre-orders the iPhone 6 did.

I might be wrong. Just don't make assumptions on informations you don't have :p

Top Bottom