• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple Watch |OT| Apple invents the watch!

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I hope so! I already have a defeatist attitude and am feeling like it won't ship soon.

Left my phone at home..

Is there a way for the Apple Watch to notify if you are leaving your phone alone? The Pebble does a vibrate which indicates this and it only does it once. No notification message on the screen but it always reminded me "OH! You forgot your phone!"

Does that exist for this?

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I have a cheap polaroid brand bluetooth speaker and the english sample they have for status indications have a hilarious accent. "Waiting for device. Connecting" Does not sound like what it is.

Vyer

So I see Google updated their News app for the watch.

Is this the first Google app to get Apple Watch compatibility?

jts

...hate me...
My obscure Apple Watch app request is the Logitech UE Boom app.

Latest update on iPhone allows the speaker to be remotely turned on, which would be ace to do from the Watch... and then play music from if as well.

Faithless

Ordered at Midnight on April 10.
38mm Stainless with Modern Brown Buckle.
Today was the first day I could have received my Watch (Ships in 4-6 Weeks, May 13-27)
Still says, "Processing Items."
Sad face.

Ninja Dom

Fuck, okay, I've done it.

Just ordered a Space Grey Sport. July delivery, UK.

60299097.jpg

Fox1304

My god gaming is bad on this thing. Not the games that are done, but it seems that for now it's tamagotchi-rate technical possibilities.

Repeatedly checking is a waste of time anyway. You'll get emails when anything happens and the Apple Store app will alert you if it's preparing to be shipped.

But it's part of the fun!
It's been so long that it's given me time to wonder if this is a good way to spend the money or not.

Repeatedly checking is a waste of time anyway. You'll get emails when anything happens and the Apple Store app will alert you if it's preparing to be shipped.

Agreed, when I got a date change on the leather loop band I got an email. I stopped checking the website when I realized no email = no update

My god gaming is bad on this thing. Not the games that are done, but it seems that for now it's tamagotchi-rate technical possibilities.

That's all they're going to be until we get native apps but even then what more would you want from a game on your watch?

Fox1304

That's all they're going to be until we get native apps but even then what more would you want from a game on your watch?
Bite sized gaming, companion apps, small one touch games.
Game developpers will find something I'm sure of it, but right now the tech side is really lacking. Having real apps when apple releases it will help that's for sure, but for now animation/movements and such are really lacking for game apps.

Finally got my shipping email! Should be here tomorrow.

Anyone opt to presign for their delivery? I'm pretty sure I won't be home and don't know if anyone else will.. But don't trust the carrier :mad:

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
The modern buckle doesn't exist. Its a hoax.
A small French tannery established in 1803 produces the supple Granada leather for this elegant band. The smooth top-grain leather is lightly milled and tumbled to maintain its refined texture. What looks like a solid buckle is actually a two-piece magnetic closure that’s delightfully simple to secure. We also added an inner layer of Vectran weave for strength and stretch resistance. It’s the same material NASA used to make the landing airbags for the Mars Rover spacecraft. This band is available in soft pink, brown, midnight blue, and black.
Artisanal meets NASA in this nonexistant product.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Ok.
I am pissed that I do not have my watch or any idea when it will arrive.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok

There are a large number of restrictions on Watch apps that really limit games in particular hard. You have to do so many things in a round about way.

That being said, we are pretty happy with where our first Watch game is at, and it runs decently on the hardware now we have had the chance to optimize it. Will be submitting it for approval tomorrow.

No idea what we will do for it next though. We might actually wait for native app support before we do too much more with the platform.

Fox1304

There are a large number of restrictions on Watch apps that really limit games in particular hard. You have to do so many things in a round about way.

That being said, we are pretty happy with where our first Watch game is at, and it runs decently on the hardware now we have had the chance to optimize it. Will be submitting it for approval tomorrow.

No idea what we will do for it next though. We might actually wait for native app support before we do too much more with the platform.

Nice. Love your games, can't wait to see what you did on the watch. We're still developing our idea , and as you said we have to play with many limitations.

So my iPhone has suddenly decided to start buzzing for notifications even though they are also being pushed through to my watch.

It started this morning.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
So my iPhone has suddenly decided to start buzzing for notifications even though they are also being pushed through to my watch.

It started this morning.
It misses you. "Love me. Please :("

Edit: so this isn't a completely throw away post. There should be a no hand gesture for activating the screen that isn't raise wrist. Like if you snap your fingers on the watch hand or clench your fist.

Voidance

Day 2 of owning the Watch. No issues at all with messages, syncing, or anything, really (knock on wood). the only issue I've had is getting the Milanese loop over my hand. :^)

Finally got an update on my June shipping date for the SS 42mm BSB, June 22-29. So another month, long wait but at least I can stop checking order status constantly now that I know it's going to be several weeks at least.

Laekon

The modern buckle doesn't exist. Its a hoax.

We also added an inner layer of Vectran weave for strength and stretch resistance. It’s the same material NASA used to make the landing airbags for the Mars Rover spacecraft. This band is available in soft pink, brown, midnight blue, and black.

Artisanal meets NASA in this nonexistant product.

Our product uses screws just like NASA does on the space station!

I love when companies do this. Vectran is a form of polyester and its so special that it's been used in bicycle tires for a long time.

SURGEdude

Day 2 of owning the Watch. No issues at all with messages, syncing, or anything, really (knock on wood). the only issue I've had is getting the Milanese loop over my hand. :^)

I hate putting on the sports band every day. I feel like I'm gonna drop it one of these days because it's so awkward to do. Though once on it's amazingly comfy.

Bite sized gaming, companion apps, small one touch games.
Game developpers will find something I'm sure of it, but right now the tech side is really lacking. Having real apps when apple releases it will help that's for sure, but for now animation/movements and such are really lacking for game apps.

I think gen 2 with improved battery life will make gaming more practical. Even with native apps the runtime of gen 1 is just barely enough to last from waking up to going to bed with slightly heavy use. On the 38mm I've got at least. Love to see a professional comparison of the life between the two sizes since Apple just vaguely mentions it's slightly better on the 42.

btkadams

1 week in.

It feels great and works well, but it still just seems "nice to have". Nothing about it is blowing my mind like when I first got an iPad. I don't regret it though. I had the money and I enjoy it.

One thing that is really bugging me is the wait for my extra bands (Apple and non-Apple). I've always rotated between a bunch of cheap watches that matched what I am wearing that day, so it's really pissing me off to wear the same band constantly. I hope this changes soon.

kaskade

Someone on Reddit posted the Space Gray with blue sports band and it looks surprisingly good.

I've used Mixyourwatch.com and the gree one looks pretty nice too. The contrast of the brighter sport color with the dark watch is cool looking. I might get one at some point.

riotous

Banned
I have the SG Sport w/ black band, and have the blue band as well as the black leather loop. I think they all look great.

Have a white band and mil. loop on order too. I'll get around to posting pics one of these days. A bit self conscious because I lost all my arm hair in a horrible arm hair trimming accident.

Ninja Dom

I have the SG Sport w/ black band, and have the blue band as well as the black leather loop. I think they all look great.

Have a white band and mil. loop on order too. I'll get around to posting pics one of these days. A bit self conscious because I lost all my arm hair in a horrible arm hair trimming accident.

Would love to see pics. You don't need to post pics of the Watch & straps on your arm. Just ins table is good enough.

Although I've been in this thread from the start and pretty up to date with Apple Watch news, now I've actually made my order, I'm pouring for even more information and pics.

Anybody seen/read reports of people with Edition's yet??

japtor

I got the Space Grey Sport ordered. Thinking about getting an additional White Sport Band. How do you all think this looks?
I've seen a few pics on MacRumors and I think Reddit, it looks good. I'm doing the same thing with Space Black (...when it shows up in two months). Only little annoyance I think I might have with it is that the pin is silver (instead of the Space Gray option on the black one), anyone know if that can be popped out and swapped?
Someone on Reddit posted the Space Gray with blue sports band and it looks surprisingly good.
It's not that surprising, black (well Space Gray is close enough) + contrasting color in general usually looks pretty good. I've seen a few pics with the leather loops that look decent too.
Would love to see pics. You don't need to post pics of the Watch & straps on your arm. Just ins table is good enough.

Although I've been in this thread from the start and pretty up to date with Apple Watch news, now I've actually made my order, I'm pouring for even more information and pics.

Anybody seen/read reports of people with Edition's yet??
If you want pics try Instagram with the #applewatch tag or check out the MacRumors forum, there's a pics thread there (and many many many godforsaken garbage threads).

I don't think any Editions have gone out yet outside of the celebrity ones, but I haven't been trying to keep track of those. Meanwhile Space Black has just started getting in people's hands within the last day or so.

If you want pics try Instagram with the #applewatch tag or check out the MacRumors forum, there's a pics thread there (and many many many godforsaken garbage threads).

The mac rumors thread about getting girls with an apple watch was classic, not sure what you're talking about

Phreaker

I need a less sweaty band (I'm used to a SS link band) for non-workouts, like work. So, I ordered the black leather loop for my SG Sport.

78992d1427139527t-apple-watch-will-you-get-screen-shot-2015-03-23-3.38.19-pm.png

Guess Who

Banned
I've spent a few days now with the link bracelet Watch and shit is it nice. Popping links off with no tools is brilliant and the butterfly clasp is much sleeker and more comfortable than traditional clasps. I honestly think it's a nicer steel band than I've seen on much more expensive watches. No wonder Apple charges $450 for it by itself.

Ninja Dom

I've spent a few days now with the link bracelet Watch and shit is it nice. Popping links off with no tools is brilliant and the butterfly clasp is much sleeker and more comfortable than traditional clasps. I honestly think it's a nicer steel band than I've seen on much more expensive watches. No wonder Apple charges $450 for it by itself.

Do you have one? I mean, is it your own?

Top Bottom