• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT 2| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!

Yeah, I thought it was just the high heels, but once they showed the heels the girl haves they were not that big, I guess they just hire tall girls.

Is Kanna Japan Bayley?

Rena is probably closer to Japanese Bayley.

This Toncheva woman is ripped and she wrapped up Kanna when Kanna tried to shoot. Now, she wants to get the Hell's Gate.

Toncheva survived even though Kanna Asakura had deep choke attempts and 5000 punches to her face.

Kanna wins the fight, as she should have.

Saori Ishioka trying to get the crowd to clap along, but she looks like she is about to kill this foolish woman who dares to step in the ring with her.

Welp, Kicaj tried with an opening flurry, but she got the quick rear naked choke.

Ishioka winning even with the (cute) mom haircut.

Promo time for the gorgeous Shinju Nozawa-Auclair.
16298954_461287920926577_9079261598932501848_n.jpg

Daron Cruickshank vs. Yusuke Yachi now, and this should be fun even though Cruickshank grew the beard.

Yachi has a lot of personality.

OH SHIT Cruickshank entering to "Real American."

Mauro breaking out the "brother!"

wtf at Real American

I wonder if Japan knows Hogan is a racist. did the news make it over there?

It's also possible they don't care that much.

I like that these two are trying to throw bombs.

Leave it to WrassleGAF to keep up with Rizin while MMAGAF has fallen off.

Yachi threw a flying knee like he's just doing shit in a fighting game.

Welp, Cruickshank walked right into a wild right cross and got knocked the fuck out.

King Reina is oozing charisma in this video, even more than Yachi in the last fight.

Jazzy Gabert, the Alpha Female, came out to a remixed Godzilla theme.

Mauro throwing shade by calling Gabert a pro wrestler and saying it felt good to say that again.

King Reina, carrying a teddy bear and a giant lollipop scepter, but she is no King Swagsuke.

MAKE THE FUCKING CALL, PAUL, AND SIGN KING REINA. She's oozing charisma.

FUCK, Mauro, you broke kayfabe by saying that this was the real thing.

Wow, they opened by throwing bombs, and then Reina gets the judo takedown and the side mount.

Oh my God these Reina knees to Jazzy's head.

Reina could basically do whatever she wanted to Jazzy during that fight. For that, she has earned full King Swagsuke:
ngf0FFV.gif

I would watch Sakuraba vs. Frank Shamrock in 2017. Book it, RIZIN!

It would be a better fight than Ishii vs. Herring. Yeesh.

Ishii is fighting not to lose even though he is controlling Herring on the ground. It's not a good look for either guy.

Praise be, that fight is over.

Intermission is finishing, which leaves the main card:

Anthony Birchak vs. Tatsuya Kawajiri
Amir Aliakbari vs. Geronimo dos Santos
Kyoji Horiguchi vs. Yuki Motoya
Rena Kubota vs. Dora Perjes
Francesco Ghigliotti vs. Tenshin Nasukawa

Tenshin is the 18 years old, and he is full of swagger.

tumblr_inline_onojyz9u921uy1xdg_500.gif

That was another hype video package. Rizin is really good at putting those together.

Oh God, Ghigliotti only had 2 months to prepare to fight Tenshin, and he's 34 years old making his MMA debut.

Welp, that was a fast fight with a kick to the temple.

OH MY GOD THAT STOMP TO DORA'S FACE.

That was great and worth staying up for because they brought it all. And they both have a lot of charisma.

Rena cutting a promo for Shooto, which was founded by Satoru Sayama. That explains the hand on a stick she has.

I'm enjoying their use of "Caravan" in this promo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TS-G4UQTfUo

Adree

OH MY GOD THAT STOMP TO DORA'S FACE.

That was great and worth staying up for because they brought it all. And they both have a lot of charisma.

Rena cutting a promo for Shooto, which was founded by Satoru Sayama. That explains the hand on a stick she has.

She's like japanese Bayley except she kicks you in the liver and reluctantly stomps you.

Adree

Having now heard him call WWE and MMA I much prefer him calling MMA. Maybe it helps not having to maintain a fever pitch of nonstop verbiage.

Also japanese MMA is the only good MMA let them take all the roids and do all the soccer kicks.

Speaking of steroids, it's time for Amir Aliakbari and Geronimo Dos Santos!

This show has already delivered on the $15 I paid.

Fully expected Mauro to finish the sentence by saying, "But in Rizin, we don't care so much about steroids and doping!"

Anthony Birchak entering to the dope dubstep cover of "Seven Nations Army" from the GI Joe: Retaliation trailer: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3DmfNyGDyIY

Tatsuya Kawajiri is the old gunfighter in this fight.

Elbows to the head are legal!

Kawajiri backpack. Not bad from someone who looked like this not too long ago: http://twitter.com/shanekse85/status/853552993702162432

Not the best fight of the night, which probably goes to Horiguchi/Motoya, though I want to give it to Rena Kubota/Dora Perjes.

Guys.

I need to talk to more people about the Lucha Brothers vs. the Bruisercats from Fight Club Pro.

Guys.

The Lucha Brothers were amazing against each other in Wolverhampton. I can only imagine this was fucking mental. Also, it was weird as shit seeing Sabre Jr do funny heel stuff, since I only ever saw him in the CWC.

GolazoDan

The Lucha Brothers were amazing against each other in Wolverhampton. I can only imagine this was fucking mental. Also, it was weird as shit seeing Sabre Jr do funny heel stuff, since I only ever saw him in the CWC.
Dude it was insane. Everyone was going mental for all four guys, it's one of the best atmospheres for a match I've ever been a part of. Shay also did a flip out of the ring which is the mark of an amazing main event.

Yeah Zack was back to normal against Angelico, their singles match was REALLY good. Angelico got to show off a lot of the submission stuff he doesn't usually have to do, don't think the match even left the ring once. Then Zack came out later and was full on dickhead heel to challenge Travis, that match is gonna rule and I'm pissed I won't be there for it!

Dude it was insane. Everyone was going mental for all four guys, it's one of the best atmospheres for a match I've ever been a part of. Shay also did a flip out of the ring which is the mark of an amazing main event.

Yeah Zack was back to normal against Angelico, their singles match was REALLY good. Angelico got to show off a lot of the submission stuff he doesn't usually have to do, don't think the match even left the ring once. Then Zack came out later and was full on dickhead heel to challenge Travis, that match is gonna rule and I'm pissed I won't be there for it!

How was the event organised up there? Wolverhampton was a bit of a shambles on that front to be frank.

ICW Barramania 3 - Sunday, 16th April at the Barrowlands Ballroom, Glasgow

The 2nd of the 4 major ICW shows, Barramania sees ICW return to one of Glasgow's iconic venues.

DCT & Viper VS Kay Lee Ray & Davey Blaze
Viper & Kay Lee Ray continue their feud over the ICW women's championship, continuing since KLR won the title at Fear & Loathing in November. Meanwhile, Viper's husband DCT has been dealing with Davey Blaze since. With KLR's partner Stevie Boy occupied with Chris Renfrew, Davey, the Wee Man & the Filthy Generation continue the tepid alliance that formed this year.

Polo Promotions VS War Machine
In a special attraction that perhaps hasn't gotten the attention it should have. Polo Promotions will take on the newly crowned IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Champions of War Machine. Since losing the ICW tag titles to Bird & Boar, Polo Promotions are questioning whether they truly are Scotland's best tag team. And now they've been given a monster challenge in War Machine. A win over the debuting War Machine would do wonders of this team, but it will be the fight of their lives. What will the future of Polo Promotions be should they fail?

Last Man Standing Match
Chris Renfrew VS Stevie Boy

After having defeated BT Gunn at the Hydro, and then pretty much murdering the NAK at the Garage alongside former Bucky Boy partner Davey Blaze, Stevie Boy looks to put the past firmly behind him by taking on the leader of the falling New Age Kliq: Chris Renfrew. These two have hated each other since Stevie Boy and Kay Lee Ray left the NAK, and now Renfrew wants revenge for the brutal bloody beating he got from Stevie. 2017 may very well be Stevie's year in ICW, with a win here setting himself up for a major push.

ICW Zero-G Championship Scramble Match
Kenny Williams (c) VS Flash Morgan Webster VS Ravie Davie VS Matt Cross VS Charlie SterlingVS ???

Kenny Williams continues being a fighting champion, taking on 5 other competitors in a Championship Scramble invitational. 4 men have so far stepped up to the challenge, all eager to take the Zero G title from Kenny. However, there is still one name to be announced. Matt Cross returns to ICW after time out injured, and Ravie Davie looks to cause one of the biggest upsets in ICW.

ICW Tag Team Championship Match
The Marauders (Mike Bird & Wild Boar) (c) VS Rampage Brown & Ashton Smith

The marauders have been living up to their name since winning the ICW tag titles, but find a worthy challenge from Brown & Smith. The team of Bird & Boar have been the team to beat in 2017 in ICW, and are starting to truly find their place here. And with Ieestyn Rees backing them up, it's going to be a huge task to take them down.

Joe Hendry VS Lionheart
Perhaps the most Russo-y match on the card. The feud between Joe Hendry and Lionheart will come to a close tonight, with the Local Hero looking to defeat Lionheart. After some harsh words and working themselves into a shoot in Manchester brother, the two will collide in what will be an interesting affair. Hendry has had some change in how he's handling business with this one,

Grado VS Wolfgang
Round one of TNA & ITV vs WWE. Wolfgang called out Grado in Liverpool, and now Grado faces his first match in Glasgow for ICW since Fear & Loathing. Both former champs will be looking to place themselves as number one contender with a win here.

Barras Street Fight
Sha Samuels VS Kid Fite

Now that the ICW vs the Black Label fight has ended, these two now have their sights firmly set on each other. Kid Fite has so far managed to avoid Sha for the most part, with a previous attempt at a match ended up with Sha in the boot of a car. Now the East End Butcher looks to take Kid Fite and batter him around the East End of Glasgow. There is a very good chance of this one spilling into the famous Barras market.

Barbed Wire Match
Drew Galloway VS Jack Jester

Yes WWE are letting this happen. After Jester turned his back on the Black Label at the Hydro. Drew Galloway hasn't been the same. His cryptic videos directed at Jack have shown a different side to the man, not the Drew of old. Drew was allowed to choose a stipulation for this match, and after days of no reply, he finally settled on a barbed wire match. It's not certain what Drew's mindset is going to be like going into this match. This is the first match of this type in ICW history, and it looks to be a bloody farewell to Drew now that he has returned to WWE.

ICW World Heavyweight Championship Match
Trent Seven (c) VS Joe Coffey

And finally, in our main event. Trent Seven looks to cap off his fucking ridiculous Easter weekend with a successful ICW title defence against the Iron Man. Trent is pulling double duty as his Fight Club: Pro promotion finish off their Dream Tag Team Invitational in London before getting up to Glasgow to defend his title.

In the Garage, Joe Coffey finally announced he was going to cash in his Square Go victory at the Barras in what will be a massive match. In another WWE vs ITV match, the Iron Man looks to finally claim the ICW title for himself after his first reign was cut short in mere minutes by Wolfgang. However, Trent will be looking to keep a hold of the title and maintain British Strong Style's grasp on 3 of the biggest belts in British wrestling.

All this and a mystery man looking to unveil himself. ICW look to be the feather in the cap of a legendary Easter weekend in British & Irish wrestling. And this is without the Elite stopping by Glasgow either.

Top Bottom