• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| WrassleMania Sucked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunchbox

Banned
DMczaf said:
21jzz7s.jpg
:'(

and skidmark stays after crying for his girl

alstein

I think some styles are more condusive to long-term wrestler health- a lot of the older Memphis guys are doing well for themselves, such as Lawler, as well as a lot of luchadors.

WWE style really churned people out, though I think that will change due to all the restrictions in place now.

DyslexicAlucard said:
I'd like to see Hogan in dozens of Ladder Matches, Tables Matches, and TLC matches, and coming off the top rope consistently; instead, he does punches, kicks, body slams and leg drops for 30 years and then calls out someone who literally put his body out of commission for the business.

Fuck you, Hogan. Anyone who bitched at Bret Hart for his Twitter drawing of Hogan can now officially fuck off.

Hogan is such a prick. I definitely agree, Edge has put his body through more in his 19 year career than Hogan has done in his much longer time.

Enjoy Russo and the beautiful trainwreck of TNA Hogan

The more I think about it, the stupider R-Truth's push is. The guy is 40 dammit, 3 years older than Edge, a guy who apparently just retired. A year short of HHH, a guy who is winding down his career. He is older the The Rock dammit"

There is loads of guys at 30 that should be getting pushed now, not him.

bill0527

Lunchbox said:
:'(

and skidmark stays after crying for his girl

He should go down to Mexico.

Wear a mask and not have to talk or show any personality.

This has me wondering how this whole Sin Cara thing is going to play out. Guy has an awesome style, but if the only communication he can do is to point at things... he may not last long in WWE.

Kusagari

Keyser Soze said:
The more I think about it, the stupider R-Truth's push is. The guy is 40 dammit, 3 years older than Edge, a guy who apparently just retired. A year short of HHH, a guy who is winding down his career. He is older the The Rock dammit"

I really doubt this push will last over a month. They're just throwing the guy a bone since they're clearly never going to elevate him to true main event status.

Striker

Hogan is a fucking moron. And why is Meth being included with Mr. Perfect and Andre the Giant?

I think we'll miss Edge a lot, both in the ring and just being around. Now there will be guys like Drew McIntyre and Ted Dibiase spreading the charisma.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
ok, edge's farewell got me.

which makes me despise hogan even more. what a fucking piece of shit

Keyser Soze said:

Well maybe if Trish was a fan of good looking athletically gifted men maybe someone else would get a push.

antonz

G-Fex said:
Just read those, WTF hogan? I had no idea he was such an asshole.
Dude posted videos of himself on the shitter in the hospital on twitter and spent half the video talking about how bad his shit stunk. Guy has no class

So it looks like Edge retiring is real...? That sucks, I was praying it was a work of some sort. After hearing his speech, it made me realize I've watched his entire career, that's crazy long, I got all nostalgic and sentimental. Sad to see him go.

bwahhhhh

Basileus777 said:

maaaannnnn... I never really marked for Edge (post E&C) before tonight, but damn. It's one of those "you don't miss them until they're gone" things. :(

I wonder what happened that might have "tweaked" Edge's injury the past few months, if it was one specific thing, or if delaying the inevitable that just caught up to him. Nice promo by Cena, btw.

But who knows, Michaels' career was over for over four years. He came back for maybe a few matches, and we got 8 years out of that return. (I still remember his first post-return HHH match, damn near any back-related move made me cringe)

bwahhhhh said:
I wonder what happened that might have "tweaked" Edge's injury the past few months, if it was one specific thing, or if delaying the inevitable that just caught up to him. Nice promo by Cena, btw.

He didn't do himself any favors by continuing to do the spear after his neck fusion surgery.

Darth Sonik

we need more FPS games
It's sad that Edge is retiring, but I hope that this will help form a blueprint for the future of the wrestling business along with HBK's retirement. OK this one is different in that, it appears to be more forced than Edge would have liked. That said, the less Hogan's & Flair's wrestling far past their prime the better.

The last decade has had way to many tragedies, hopefully the current guys have learned somewhat from the mistakes of the previous generation.

parasight

Edge :(

I was really shocked to hear it. He was my favorite wrestler growing up, next to The Rock. I met him at a Toys R Us here in Toronto the day before he debuted on Raw. A true end of an era. He'll be sorely missed.

XxCGSxX

I can't believe Edge is gone, one of my favorite wrestlers for years. I hope he still makes some appearances in the years to come and his health problems don't get worst. Also a big FUCK YOU to Hogan, piece of shit.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Fuck I got teary eyed through Edge's Speech

I have watched his whole career, it fucking crazy @_@!

It goes to show this sports "ENTERTAINMENT" is now really detrimental to all who work in it

A HUGE FUCK YOU to Mr. Hollywood Hulk Hogan, he lost all respect I had for him

You Wrestled on close to a fucking quarterly basis, 1 PPV, and 1-2 Saturday Night Main Event

These guys are roughing through 300 dates, putting their bodies on the line, doing some extreme crazy shit to give the public what they paid for

Fucking Meth Hardy LOL, Hogan you are a has been, an ancient relic that needs to be buried away

Also spindashing hope your AJ gets every STD in the world from your snarky ass comment

Respect to Edge for looking out for his life, and not drudging to be a 55 year old ass timer who cant let go like other stupid fucks

These 2 will be on my iPod all night tonight:

Brood: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEkkDcuSu0M
Edge: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvFgctlnPnc

dream

Is Hulk really saying "don't save your money and work until you're a cripple?"

The really shitty thing is I think Kurt's neck is far worse than Edge's...

HeySeuss

Sin Caras debut was pretty cool, although I think Primo got in more offense than he needed to. Next up will probably be Chavo and anybody else on the roster that speaks Spanish.

Sad to see Edge go out that way. Totally unexpected.

(._.)

Banned
dream said:
The really shitty thing is I think Kurt's neck is far worse than Edge's...
you're probably right. kurt is a legit nut case that will probably end up dieing either in the ring or suddenly out of nowhere.

Angle's neck has been a mess for 8 years.

Everyone pleaded with him not to work WM19 against Lesnar. They told him one awkward bump could paralyze or kill him.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Shick Brithouse said:
Sin Caras debut was pretty cool, although I think Primo got in more offense than he needed to. Next up will probably be Chavo and anybody else on the roster that speaks Spanish.

Sad to see Edge go out that way. Totally unexpected.

I thought it was a good match minus the botched ending. Nice to see random no names show off a bit... who knows where that guy will end up in the future.

RBH

-Batista leaves in 2010
-HBK retires in 2010
-Jericho leaves (again) in 2010
-Edge retires in 2011
-Taker's final match will likely be at WM28
-HHH's final match also looks to be at WM28
-Mysterio probably doesn't have much time left due to injuries
-Kane and Big Show are on the downturn of their respective careers

Really feels like one era of the WWE is coming to a close.

dream

That pro rasslin mentality of "work through injuries that will affect your quality of life" is so horrible. Carnies, con men, and drug addicts, I swear.

BoboBrazil said:
Yeah, but unless her mom brings in Heyman, she has no clue what she is doing either and will just listen to Hogan and Bischoff making things worse.

Well at least her going hints they know there is a problem, so more stuff could happen in coming weeks

dream said:
That pro rasslin mentality of "work through injuries that will affect your quality of life" is so horrible.

I'm glad Edge got out before he did himself irreparable damage, but some of these guys are far too attached to the business to leave, even when seriously injured, and others plain can't afford to give it up for whatever reason. Hell, try telling Terry Funk to stop wrestling - how many years ago was Beyond the Mat? The doctor in that tells Terry Funk that he has no cartilage left in his knees and his knee joints are just bone rubbing on bone, yet 12 years later and Funk's still working. Fucking Abby's still hauling his ass to ringside in Japan and any sleazy indy that'll pay him enough, the dude can't even get in the ring unassisted any more. Gypsy Joe still wrestles for fucks sake, and he's nearly 80.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom