• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| WrassleMania Sucked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
DMczaf said:
The ending of Smackdown is pretty fucking crazy:

They air a video package of WWE superstars commenting on The Undertaker vs. Triple H from Wrestlemania.

They are trying really hard to up the "mystique" of that match. It was good, but damn they are pushing it as the second coming or something.

UberTag

dream said:
* Kelly Kelly vs. Layla. Layla tries to do their entrance but Michelle McCool goes straight to the ring. Kelly wins via roll-up. McCool comes in the ring and shoves Layla across the ring and leaves.

* They air a video package of WWE superstars commenting on The Undertaker vs. Triple H from Wrestlemania.
The only thing that would redeem the horrible Taker-Trips lovefest video packages would be if they do the exact same thing as a parody featuring divas past and present commenting on the magnificence of the eventual Mrs. Taker-Layla match.

Would be fricken hysterical.

Judderman said:
They are trying really hard to up the "mystique" of that match. It was good, but damn they are pushing it as the second coming or something.
I don't see the need to hype it anymore than it already has been. The match is over and there's no telling when HHH and Undertaker will be back in the ring.

It's essentially just wasting air time. We know how good both competitors are already and while the match was decent at best compared to the HBK vs. Taker matches, we get the point that they put on a good show.

ZeroRay

UberTag said:
The only thing that would redeem the horrible Taker-Trips lovefest video packages would be if they do the exact same thing as a parody featuring divas past and present commenting on the magnificence of the eventual Mrs. Taker-Layla match.

Would be fricken hysterical.

They can do it for a match that actually deserves it:

Melina vs Alicia Fox

Whenever they show the video package of superstars whacking off to HGH/ Undertaker, I jsut imagine them hyping up Jumpin jeff Farmer/Motley Cruz 2.

Guzim

dream said:
You'll probably like the WWE movies if you used to watch anime.
gHwxS.gif

dream said:
Lol okay. A wrestling nut attacking an anime/manga fan is just about ridiculous as someone with a videogame/US cartoon avatar saying he hates anime avatars.
</3

HeySeuss

dream said:
Saw that coming...lol.

Condemned was decent, as was See No Evil. I watched Knucklehead on Netflix and didn't feel ripped off.

dream

Angle wrote, "To all my fans and friends, I'm signing a new deal with TNA. We are working out the kinks but I'm staying. So please stay tuned every Thursday night. I gave it much thought. TNA is the underdog. I feel I can help them go to the next level. WWE is the top company. But being the face of TNA is great. TNA has so much potential. I believe in TNA. I love Dixie Carter and I am staying. TNA wants to help me into movies and Anglefoods. TNA is it."

People have been trying to help TNA get to the next level for the past 8 years!

Borman

Just got back from Smackdown tapings. Was a fun time as usual. Sad to see Edge go though

I believe this is off the air, but Ill spoiler it anyway
Christian said some kind words. They did the For the Benefit for those with Flash Photography thing, but my phone was off :( Locker room came out, some hugs and stuff. Triple H came out on his own. Edge gave another speech, which I may/may not have recorded, and which may or may not look awful anyway. Speech was over 10 minutes long. Good times

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Come home Kurt, all they do is put you in feuds surrounding your ex-wife.
Seraphis Cain said:
So I just realized that along with Punk, Sheamus was also completely absent from Raw this week.

Not good. =/
Something something Eurotour.

Zhengi

Seraphis Cain said:
So I just realized that along with Punk, Sheamus was also completely absent from Raw this week.

Not good. =/

I think it was mentioned earlier in the thread that he was in Keyser Soze's home of Britain promoting the WWE before they traveled there.

HeySeuss

Is HHH really that self-centered that he feels the need to have his own ring entrance to pay his respects to a man that is saying his goodbyes during his retirement speech?

Maybe I'm making too much out of it but does anybody else think that's really poor taste? I mean its about Edge, not to get a pop out of the crowd by making it a big deal that you came down from the heavens and hugged the guy on his way out.

dream

Shick Brithouse said:
Is HHH really that self-centered that he feels the need to have his own ring entrance to pay his respects to a man that is saying his goodbyes during his retirement speech?

Maybe I'm making too much out of it but does anybody else think that's really poor taste? I mean its about Edge, not to get a pop out of the crowd by making it a big deal that you came down from the heavens and hugged the guy on his way out.

I think it's pretty terrible. Especially since HHH isn't someone you'd associate with Edge. He's acting like he's saying goodbye to HBK or something.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
dream said:
I think it's pretty terrible. Especially since HHH isn't someone you'd associate with Edge. He's acting like he's saying goodbye to HBK or something.

Did you guys not see Ric Flair's retirement? Almost everybody got their own entrance.

HHH is kinda weird tho. He was the main reason Edge didn't get pushed in the early 2000s because HHH didn't want another blonde with long hair to be in the main event picture. That's why Christian and Test got haircuts. Edge said fuck it and kept his hair. He didn't get pushed until it was a brand split where he wasn't on the same show as HHH.

Remember the Smackdown 6?

Yeah..they all had bad luck. 2 are dead, 1 got retired before his time, 1 jobs to Horns, 1 wants to die in the ring, and the last is Super Rey.

CURSED!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
there was no build up to his retirement like there was with Flair/HBK. it just kinda happened. in the middle of the show. with it being called a "rumor" by the announce team. i was convinced it was a storyline until they showed him in the back hugging everyone. by that time it was over. they should have built it up on raw a little then gave him the end of smackdown to have to himself

Penguin

Its interesting to think... but this is the first time... we're guaranteed a new world champion... in years really... I guess... perhaps not since Rock/Mankind at Survivor Series 98

dream

Penguin said:
Its interesting to think... but this is the first time... we're guaranteed a new world champion... in years really... I guess... perhaps not since Rock/Mankind at Survivor Series 98

Find me a title history...I refuse to believe a genuine new champion hasn't been crowned in like 13 years.

edit: found one - http://www.wwe.com/inside/titlehistory/worldheavyweight/

...I didn't even know Dolph Ziggler and The Great Kali were former world champions...

wtf, Great Kali had a 3 month reign?

When Edge was forced to surrender the title due to injury, a 20-Man Battle Royal was held to determine the new World Heavyweight Champion. The Great Khali was able to win the contest to become the new champion.

:(

(._.)

Banned
Penguin said:
we've been guaranteed a new world champion every month since like 1995

Penguin

dream said:
Find me a title history...I refuse to believe a genuine new champion hasn't been crowned in like 13 years.

edit: found one - http://www.wwe.com/inside/titlehistory/worldheavyweight/

...I didn't even know Dolph Ziggler and The Great Kali were former world champions...

wtf, Great Kali had a 3 month reign?

:(

No no, I know we've crowned NEW champions.

But I meant guaranteed. Neither are actual former world champions...yes yes... ECW/TNA title, but reallly...

ram4638 said:
The Briscoes have some of the better promos today. It never feels like they're forcing anything, probably because they're not playing characters and actually are two Delaware rednecks that love beating the crap out of people.

What do they say to writers? "Write what you know?"

I think it's like that with the Briscoes. I love their promo work lately. That bloody match was one of the biggest highlights of Wrestlemania weekend for me. They brought something out of Rhett Titus nobody's seen before. Jay was the man, doing that full Muta bladejob and spitting those huge red mists of blood everywhere.

Pristine_Condition said:
What do they say to writers? "Write what you know?"

I think it's like that with the Briscoes. I love their promo work lately. That bloody match was one of the biggest highlights of Wrestlemania weekend for me. They brought something out of Rhett Titus nobody's seen before. Jay was the man, doing that full Muta bladejob and spitting those huge red mists of blood everywhere.

That was absolutely SICK. I'm usually not a fan of guys blading these days, but him spitting the blood, and the head to head with Rhett with both of them covered in blood brought an extra layer of great to that match.

Net_Wrecker said:
That was absolutely SICK. I'm usually not a fan of guys blading these days, but him spitting the blood, and the head to head with Rhett with both of them covered in blood brought an extra layer of great to that match.

I was actually more impressed by the intensity of Titus there. The blood was just a disgustingly-great icing on that cake.

If there are any wrestling fans who didn't buy the iPPV to get those two shows streamed to your computer for just $20 online, what the hell are you waiting for?

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Shick Brithouse said:

I love Wrasslin GAF.

It's even funnier considering back in the mid-2000s, the dirtsheets said HHH didn't think Edge was main-event material and wasn't enthusiastic about working a World Heavyweight Title program with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom