• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| WrassleMania Sucked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Striker said:
Anyone see Mark Henry's WWE.com interview? Pretty good... should've been on TV. But similar to what lessthananth725 said, nah! Gets in the way of our excellent informative stuff like RAW recaps and other useless shit.

http://vids.wwe.com/11856/wwecom-exclusive-mark-henry-reac

Good for him, but let's be honest here, Mark Henry is the *LAST* guy they should be pushing nowadays. Dude has been with the WWE for OVER A DECADE...longer than Edge who just retired. I mean, shit, think about how crazy that is! No offense to him, obviously -- he can still have a place on the card, but the guy's mileage clocked out a long-ass time ago.

Striker

To be fair, they made Kane the World Champion not long ago, and he is five years older than Mark. And both have been in the WWF/E about the same time, if you want to count Glenn Jacobs' early days off and on.

Barrage

JavyOO7 said:
Maybe how WWE has their titles right now (the very concept of it) is outdated and they ought to go the way of UFC for how their titles hierarchy should work... =p

If they followed UFC's hierarchy, the "greatest wrestler of all time" would never have been allowed to compete for the world title.

Striker said:
To be fair, they made Kane the World Champion not long ago, and he is five years older than Mark. And both have been in the WWF/E about the same time, if you want to count Glenn Jacobs' early days off and on.

But Kane has been a main-eventer WAAAAAAY longer than Mark Henry. Hell, he even won the championship (albeit for a day) way back when. What has Mark Henry done? Besides help give birth to a hand? ;)

(not counting ECW! haha!)

jmdajr

Dork Knight said:
But Kane has been a main-eventer WAAAAAAY longer than Mark Henry. Hell, he even won the championship (albeit for a day) way back when. What has Mark Henry done? Besides help give birth to a hand? ;)

(not counting ECW! haha!)

ummm.... Took Chyna out on a date, flipped some cars?

Dork Knight said:
Good for him, but let's be honest here, Mark Henry is the *LAST* guy they should be pushing nowadays. Dude has been with the WWE for OVER A DECADE...longer than Edge who just retired. I mean, shit, think about how crazy that is! No offense to him, obviously -- he can still have a place on the card, but the guy's mileage clocked out a long-ass time ago.
Just for that you will not be extended membership into GAF Nation Of Domination 2.0.

JdFoX187

Banned
The Frankman said:
Just for that you will not be extended membership into GAF Nation Of Domination 2.0.
You'll be jobbed out to Rey Mysterio and the Big Show in a couple months and will then be split up to feud with each other before being all taken out by Randall Orton.

Professor Beef said:
Who's gonna be the Owen of the group?
We're going to be taking applications the minute R-Truth calls out to Kofi Kingston.
JdFoX187 said:
You'll be jobbed out to Rey Mysterio and the Big Show in a couple months and will then be split up to feud with each other before being all taken out by Randall Orton.
Oh please. Kofi >> Rey. Mark Henry/kHARMa Kong will destroy Big Slow. R-Truth will dance on his bloated corpse.

The Frankman said:
sorry, the role of Starscream was taken by spindashing.

I was going to reform the Los Boricuas, but sadly, I'm not Mexican.

Hmm...Oddities 2.0, it is!

Everyone come see the greatest show.
Unlike anything that you know.
Come and be down wit the clowns.
The big Oddity freak show's in town

UberTag

I find it amusing that I still find it more likely that both Mark Henry and Michael Cole will be world champions before 2011 is up yet I still have doubts about Christian even though he appears to be the obvious victor in the ladder match on Sunday.

krae_man

Professor Beef said:
Christian isn't winning. No way.

Alberto isn't either. They might have a Summerslam plan with him.

OMG HOW ARE THEY GOING TO SWERVE US?

Probably by having Ricardo Rodriguez grab the belt

UberTag

Professor Beef said:
Christian isn't winning. No way.
I can envision a scenario where Del Rio wins the World Heavyweight Championship and then runs roughshod on the WWE Title match to the extent where there is no clear winner and even Miz's champion status comes into question. Thus leaving Del Rio the only recognized singles champion on the brand and helping to set up Miz's face turn. I'm just trying to piece together how that would play out.

Furthermore, the Over the Limit PPV is only 3 weeks away.

JavyOO7

Christian has that title on lock. For real

EDIT: If not, then ADR and somehow they figure out a way to move him to SD so he feuds with Christian one more time I guess?

DKehoe said:

While that is a very good one, this is the best theme ever for a stable.

I've been out of WrestleGAF for a minute.

Everyone who dissed AJ for the past few days, eat a dick.

Everyone who dissed me for the past few days, eat a dick.

Everyone else, eat a dick and job to CM Punk before he leaves.

Liu Kang Baking A Pie, eat a dick, I know you're there.

That just about makes up for my lost time! <3

NoDQ.com said:
Jay Lethal's release from TNA Wrestling last week surprised a lot of people within the organization because he performed well when given prominence, not to mention that Eric Bischoff considered him a future star.

Wrestling Observer Newsletter editor Dave Meltzer speculates that TNA released Lethal in response to some X Division wrestlers complaining heavily at Lockdown about nothing being done with them when it was heavily discussed a few months ago that they would be spotlighted.

What the fuck. =(

Bootaaay said:
Yeah, good choice - PWG had an excellent year in 2009 and got even better in 2010. Also, check out EVOLVE Wrestling; http://evolvewrestling.com - they've relatively new and only have had 7 show so far, but all are worth checking out.

Yeah, I love EVOLVE. I've seen 1-4. Need to get up on 5 and 6. I don't believe 7 is on DVD yet.

Need to catch up on Dragon Gate too.. Really want to watch the Jacobs/Moxley match and Danielson/Moxley.

UberTag

I've always preferred faction themes that featured supposedly "the next World Heavyweight Champion" Christian in them.

Namely the Unamericans and the Brood.

Shame the Brood was never around during the days of schoolgirls crushing on emo vampires in Twilight.

Nocturnowl said:
You people are all wrong, this here is without a shadow of a doubt the best stable theme to grace wrestling as a whole.
Quite frankly, this is the most beautiful music to have graced my ears. I'm thankful that this was created during my generation. It is so under-appreciated.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
spindashing said:
Quite frankly, this is the most beautiful music to have graced my ears. I'm thankful that this was created during my generation. It is so under-appreciated.
Lil B will use it in his next song.

Dork Knight said:
Rap is Crap is fucking brilliant, complete with the horribly out of harmony chorus.
r-truth-o.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom