• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| WrassleMania Sucked

Status
Not open for further replies.

pootle

Totally justifiable ICP hate aside I still say that the oddities were from the best entertainment era the wwe has ever had. You had serious wrestlers doing serious wrestly competitive challenging for the titles things and comedy from the less serious wrestlers. Point being it was all wrestling and competition based.

Revive the 24/7 hardcore title and put it on Santino with the mid carders going for it and that's the light hearted entertainment part of the show sorted.

Then you can still have the storylines and fights for the championships as the legitimate competitions with all the big names.

pootle said:
Totally justifiable ICP hate aside I still say that the oddities were from the best entertainment era the wwe has ever had. You had serious wrestlers doing serious wrestly competitive challenging for the titles things and comedy from the less serious wrestlers. Point being it was all wrestling and competition based.

Revive the 24/7 hardcore title and put it on Santino with the mid carders going for it and that's the light hearted entertainment part of the show sorted.

Then you can still have the storylines and fights for the championships as the legitimate competitions with all the big names.

The 24/7 Hardcore Title was so awesome. I totally agree with you about the entertainment value being spread between the serious and the funny back then. Even though the Hardcore Title was largely stupid, I still cared about it as much (if not more) than the Intercontinental or Tag Team titles at the time.

The best ever wrestling music isn't even a wrestlers entrance music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4R0a2OVH9w

Anyway I felt for Henry in that interview I've always liked the guy and would be down with him being a transitional champ for a few weeks, maybe he can destroy Christian to take the belt off him and then transition it to Randy no doubt.

And just because I feel like it, Jeff Albertsons random wrestler of the week:

339.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jB3C0fflMxQ

Oh WCW

Ripclawe

Banned
I still have a soft spot for the mean street posse theme and group actually. They were good heat machines and good cannon fodder if they were used right.

Linkified

I gotta say Austin miming that Rick Astley song is quite amazing.

Speaking of Austin did we ever hear the conclussion to the Shark story?

Professor Beef said:
Looks like we've got a bunch of jobbers juniors coming in.
Do we make a stable of these new up-and-comers or will they get jobbed by the old blood?

Or will one of them make a name for themselves and go to the main roster without FCW?

spindashing said:
Do we make a stable of these new up-and-comers or will they get jobbed by the old blood?

Or will one of them make a name for themselves and go to the main roster without FCW?
If we do have to start our own stable, can we get to use the New Breed theme.

Or do we have to team up with a Neo Gaf Pro and after a few months of eliminations one of us will make it to the main roster?

JdFoX187

Banned
Professor Beef said:
Looks like we've got a bunch of jobbers juniors coming in.
You were one not too long ago, bub.

Always hate when they come in. A bunch always flood in here spamming their favorite wrestlers and posting random pictures of divas they're obsessed with. Most grow out of it. Spindashing still hasn't.

One month of madness last year and some people won't let me live it down. Lol.

Either you love me or you hate me; not going to bother with people that have conflicts with me.

Welcome new juniors. Be sure to stick around; we could use another poster complaining about a top face not letting other talent shine, time after time.

JdFoX187 said:
You were one not too long ago, bub.

Always hate when they come in. A bunch always flood in here spamming their favorite wrestlers and posting random pictures of divas they're obsessed with. Most grow out of it. Spindashing still hasn't.
I was pushed to Member status, but now I'm stagnating like Daniel Bryan.

spindashing said:
One month of madness last year and some people won't let me live it down. Lol.

Either you love me or you hate me; not going to bother with people that have conflicts with me.
Any man that likes Viewtiful Joe can't be a bad person.

Or better yet, juniors, do you feel Zack Ryder should be pushed and will you stop watching wrestling entirely if he gets fired?
A) Yes.
B) No.

Your WrestleGAF membership depends on this answer.

spindashing said:

What sucks is they'll get pushed a hell of a lot more than a worker like me, who's been posting here for a couple years, but, because I originally came up on another board, and I'm not considered "home-grown" to GAF, I can't ever get a push around here.

Pristine_Condition said:
What sucks is they'll get pushed a hell of a lot more than a worker like me, who's been posting here for a couple years, but, because I originally came up on another board, and I'm not considered "home-grown" to GAF, I can't ever get a push around here.
You're like Trent Barretta. You're there, but not many know you exist.

But sometimes it gets tiring seeing the same people as champions. We need more main event people.

spindashing said:
Or better yet, juniors, do you feel Zack Ryder should be pushed and will you stop watching wrestling entirely if he gets fired?
A) Yes.
B) No.

Your WrestleGAF membership depends on this answer.

This is a trick question. No matter what they answer, juniors get no push.

And if they try to make their own hype, they get further no pushed.

If they then complain, they get FE'd.

Dis that 'Tertainment, son.

God, I haven't watched TNA in months but I've kept up with spoilers. It hasn't even been 5 minutes and I'm already done. This shit makes Raw look like gold. Seriously 10 minutes of Karen Angle and I'm down to watch an entire PPV devoted to Michael Cole.

Same, I decided to actually tune in tonight and this is more than brutal to watch. It's insulting. Plus, "rice and beans?" Really? That's outright racism.

That Don West....thing was asinine. I used to watch more TNA than WWE but since early last year its just been horrible. The only thing I can think about is that Colt Cabana is still in the indies but this shit is on TV every week. The mind boggles.

Also, if they want to do an angle on Jeff Hardy's drug problem, they should do one on Angelina Loves eating disorder.

noclevername620 said:
That Don West....thing was asinine. I used to watch more TNA than WWE but since early last year its just been horrible. The only thing I can think about is that Colt Cabana is still in the indies but this shit is on TV every week. The mind boggles.

Also, if they want to do an angle on Jeff Hardy's drug problem, they should do one on Angelina Loves eating disorder.
You are the Wade Barrett of the Juniors.

I haven't watched TNA in a long time

WTF is this shit? Angelina Love looks like shes on crack now- shes even skinnier than what I remember. They have these gross zoomed in photos of her and I can see the silocone dripping off of everything in her.

Also, nice to see that the Impact Zone crowd is as lively as ever.

JdFoX187

Banned
I met Angelina when she was at a house show in my area. She's really nice, and hot, in person. She just has way too much fucking makeup on.

noclevername620 said:
Fuck ima need to get a cape.

Edit: why Barrett?
You're showing some ruthless aggression.

I agree with everything you've said. There's so much great talent out there yet TNA gets aired weekly. The world is a cruel one.

I've said since TNA started that there is something inherently wrong with the idea of a promotion that proudly pushes the hell out of guys that the leader in the industry wants nothing to do with. It would be like a movie studio only making movies starring people that are proven box office suicide.

I'm in no way Hispanic but I'm offended as shit right now.

I do like MCMG though. I'd say I'd love for them to go to WWE but I don't watch Superstars or NXT.

dream

These are fantastic posts.

noclevername620 and Fourth Storm, your job is to write reviews of TNA Impact for us each week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom