• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| WrassleMania Sucked

Status
Not open for further replies.

antonz

Lkr said:
4 hours is too long for wrestlemania. get rid of some of the shit matches and just put on the good ones. the crowd was dead by the end of the night because of all of the matches(mostly shitty matches, too) being concluded by a shitty main event.
4 Hours clearly isnt long enough when they bump belt matches from the show for the entertainment stuff

Liu Kang Baking A Pie said:
There hasn't been a good title match with heat since Benoit/HHH/HBK. This isn't unusual.

Ninja Scooter is right. Taker/HHH would've gone on last if it weren't for that ending. That would have been a strange as hell way to end the show. And whoever's complaining about the women's match being second to last: this has always been how it's done. You need a bathroom/emotion break between the two big matches or else the last one falls really flat.

Hmm.

DMczaf

v3hk6.jpg

dream

The Undertaker/HHH ending could have easily been tweaked to close the show. Just have Undertaker sell it like he's dead, stumbling up the ramp and shit, then raise his hand, roll his eyes, and cue thunder and lightning effects.

dream said:
The Undertaker/HHH ending could have easily been tweaked to close the show. Just have Undertaker sell it like he's dead, stumbling up the ramp and shit, then raise his hand, roll his eyes, and cue thunder and lightning effects.

it's still really fuckin somber. Also everyone knew you had to have Rock close the show out after all the hype.

DMczaf

dream said:

That's not changing the ending, that's changing the entire storyline. They obviously wanted to write him off TV for 6-12 months.

DMczaf said:
That's not changing the ending, that's changing the entire storyline. They obviously wanted to write him off TV for 6-12 months.
Or forever.

I took that as telling the audience that he's absolutely broken and he's done. There was no hope in that exit, like demon's idea would have implied.

I can't see any other situation but retirement where Taker would let them wheel his broken ass up the ramp as he laid dead. He always wants to look strong.

markatisu

remnant said:
It was a bathroom break match. The WWE/TNA do this all the time. There is almost always a poor match before the semi or main event.

I know I have been watching wrestling for well over 25 years, but I think the 8 man tag would have been a better filler match to put between them. Especially since Santino always get a pop and it lasted about 5min as well.

The Snooki match should have led off the night, nobody was waiting for it. They could have also put the US Title Match back in and just sped up the Taker match instead of finisher after finisher into the UFC submission (or shorten the ungodly long Cole match)

Kyoufu

Vestal said:
HHH vs Taker to me made this WM along with the Rock..

Sorry but, I have to ask, how did the Rock make this WM for you? He came out, gave the same old catchphrases, spat lies like "best wrestlemania ever guys, I promise!" and then a couple bad backstage segments then he comes out and Rock Bottoms Cena.

Herp Derp.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
can someone tell me when the rock is coming back? dwayne johnson the actor is killing his legacy.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
The LAW guys are right, that Miz promo built him up more in a couple of minutes, then the 6 weeks they had before WM.

parasight

Most impressive things of the night were easily the intro promos for Miz and Cena. The production team at WWE has never faltered when the overall company stumbles. Consistently amazing video packages all the time.

Buckethead said:
I watched UFC 126 with it, so I don't know what the other dude is talking about.

The owner said this in the comments.

"we use to do UFC but we stopped. It may return later in the year."

Or forever.

I took that as telling the audience that he's absolutely broken and he's done. There was no hope in that exit, like demon's idea would have implied.

I can't see any other situation but retirement where Taker would let them wheel his broken ass up the ramp as he laid dead. He always wants to look strong.

I think seeing the "19-0" flashing might have made him and/or Vince think 20-0 would look real nice.

Verendus

Banned
I enjoyed two matches on the show: Cody vs. Rey and Triple H vs. Undertaker (I thought this was the best of the night). I'm not sure why they would have Cena vs. The Miz as the main event except that it involved The Rock, and I guess he was the main attraction. Either way, it sucked.

Well, WrestleGAF, it's been fun.

Wait. Wait a minute. Something's wrong. I can feel it.

No. No, no, no, no, no, no.

It hasn't been fun.

After six years, I return. Expecting a show like no other. An extravaganza like no other. The greatest spectacle on Earth. Instead, you give me this?

"But Kam, I think--"

It doesn't matter what you think! You can go ahead and wipe a monkey's ass with what you think. A show that is all glitz, all glamour, but no substance. Capped off by a WWE championship match involving Chris Jericho-Lite and a rainbow coloured ass-clown who performs like he suffers from a spastic colon.

If I wanted to relive this crap, I wouldn't need to buy the DVD. No, no. I wouldn't need to check youtube or go on WWE.com. No, see, because Wrestlemania is all about feeling. How it makes you feel. Michael Jackson help me if WWE and The Rock himself did not make that clear enough tonight.

And, I know exactly how to recreate that special feeling.

I'd walk outside, stand in the middle of the street, light some fireworks and jump around like a baboon high on helium mixed with crack. Then when my neighbour's kid would walk up to me, and ask me with a puzzled and slightly fearful expression, "What are you doing, Kam?" It'd make me feel the exact same emotions as I did when I sat through all 240 minutes of this shit that passes for "entertainment".

What the hell was I doing indeed.

But seriously, all kidding and fake promos aside, I had fun. Mostly because I was posting on GAF and reading other stuff. The show itself was pretty crap, but it was nice to revisit wrestling after so many years. It's changed a lot, that's for sure.

I think a one time visit was enough for me. There isn't anything that makes me want to stick around. Pretty boring wrestlers these days. Of course, no offence intended to anyone who does enjoy the show. Different tastes and all that. You all have fun!

I'm now going to run out of this thread like a scalded dog all the while hearing a "bah gawd, b-b-b-bah gawd" remix in my head.

And...cue.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Lunchbox said:
law speaks the truth. miz entrance blew away everything about this mania

mad truth to this. that was done excellently. hate me now needs to be his new theme.

DMczaf

Or forever.

I took it more like "We're seeing the first real cracks in The Undertaker's streak/career. Next match is the end."

Also, 20-0 looks a lot better than 19-0.

Kam said:
I enjoyed two matches on the show: Cody vs. Rey and Triple H vs. Undertaker (I thought this was the best of the night). I'm not sure why they would have Cena vs. The Miz as the main event except that it involved The Rock, and I guess he was the main attraction. Either way, it sucked.

Well, WrestleGAF, it's been fun.

Wait. Wait a minute. Something's wrong. I can feel it.

No. No, no, no, no, no, no.

It hasn't been fun.

After six years, I return. Expecting a show like no other. An extravaganza like no other. The greatest spectacle on Earth. Instead, you give me this?

"But Kam, I think--"

It doesn't matter what you think! You can go ahead and wipe a monkey's ass with what you think. A show that is all glitz, all glamour, but no substance. Capped off by a WWE championship match involving Chris Jericho-Lite and a rainbow coloured ass-clown who performs like he suffers from a spastic colon.

If I wanted to relive this crap, I wouldn't need to buy the DVD. No, no. I wouldn't need to check youtube or go on WWE.com. No, see, because Wrestlemania is all about feeling. How it makes you feel. Michael Jackson help me if WWE and The Rock himself did not make that clear enough tonight.

And, I know exactly how to recreate that special feeling.

I'd walk outside, stand in the middle of the street, light some fireworks and jump around like a baboon high on helium mixed with crack. Then when my neighbour's kid would walk up to me, and ask me with a puzzled and slightly fearful expression, "What are you doing, Kam?" It'd make me feel the exact same emotions as I did when I sat through all 240 minutes of this shit that passes for "entertainment".

What the hell was I doing indeed?

But seriously, all kidding and fake promos aside, I had fun. Mostly because I was posting on GAF and reading other stuff. The show itself was pretty crap, but it was nice to revisit wrestling after so many years. It's changed a lot, that's for sure.

I think a one time visit was enough for me. There isn't anything that makes me want to stick around. Pretty boring wrestlers these days. Of course, no offence intended to anyone who does enjoy the show. Different tastes and all that. You all have fun!

I'm now going to run out of this thread like a scalded dog all the while hearing a "bah gawd, b-b-b-bah gawd" remix in my head.

And...cue.
Okay.

dream

DMczaf said:

I dunno, I don't think it's a big deal. The previous WrestleMania ended with Shawn Michaels walking to the back for the last time as the announcers stayed silent.

Jin34

I read what happened to Sheamus/Danielson... smh. Taker/HHH saved this show, it was pretty mediocre outside of that.

Someone needs to do a CM Punk chickenhawk meme. "Dominate 95% of the match. Lose."

Kusagari

Ninja Scooter said:
which is why it would be a terrible booking. If the streak does end, it will be against someone that has SOME kind of history with Taker.

The icon of WCW vs the icon of WWE with the icon of WCW coming out on top.

It could happen!

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Or forever.

I'm not so sure, if he were done for good, I think they would have done a taker ish exit, like, have the druids come out and carry him out, or have them wheel a casket out and put him in it and wheel it to the back.

That would be a more fitting end... or even have him lying dead in the middle of the ring, then the gong sounds, the lights go out, and when they come back on, he's gone, and the urn is in the center of the ring.

Taker being wheeled out just doesn't seem like a taker career finish.... although they could do something like the scenes I suggested on his farewell RAW too.

They certainly booked taker as more desperate and broken down than ever before, though. I don't think he uses hell's gate unless he's facing someone like Khali or Big Show that he can't use his other finishers on, or if there's some kind of stipulation like being in a submission match. I really can't remember him using it on a guy like HHH before.

Kyoufu

Ninja Scooter said:
which is why it would be a terrible booking. If the streak does end, it will be against someone that has SOME kind of history with Taker.

But Kane has lost twice already.

Third time the charm?

Ninja Scooter said:

Other than Kane, who could that possibly be? The most over heel should just break it next year.

dream

Why end the streak? It's the only thing people believe in anymore. Whoever beats Undertaker will quickly become just another guy again given the WWE's booking style.

I'd like to see Undertaker go 20-0 and let the streak become a part of pro entertainment mythology.

Agree with what they said on the radio thing, it seemed like The Rock was given Cena's writers tonight lol.

The streak is never ending, the only thing they need to figure out is who he's gonna beat for his last match next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom