• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| WrassleMania Sucked

Status
Not open for further replies.

antonz

The biggest problem with this wrestlemania to come is the fact the Rock and such probably countered the decline enough that the asshats in charge of the company wont realize just how bad they did.

Pros:
Miz
Undertaker
Rhodes beating Super Rey
Snooki's finisher
Stunners for everyone
Zack Ryder singing Friday
Austin/Rock backstage confrontation
Everything besides the last 10 seconds of Punk/Orton

Cons
Edge
Cole/Lawler was worse than McMahon/Hart
Corre lost in like 47 seconds
The last 10 seconds of Punk/Orton
Bryan/Sheamus bumped from the card :/

I had like 12 people over to watch and we all had a good time. I guess I liked it a lot more than everyone else here judging from the last page of posts.

Kyoufu

Khrno said:
Punk wouldn't say so.

[]http://s1d3.turboimagehost.com/sp/157c42e9397de9b0eb284f540c5c03eb/Spear.gif[/img]

And just because that match was fantastic:

[]http://s1d3.turboimagehost.com/sp/9fae2d18819a9b4bf6726534e5892299/GTS.gif[/IMG]

You need to rehost.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
The streak shouldn't be broken, you can't trust the WWE with whoever that will be. Taker just needs to retire. The guy is collecting a check for one match a year, essentially.

Kyoufu

antonz said:
The biggest problem with this wrestlemania to come is the fact the Rock and such probably countered the decline enough that the asshats in charge of the company wont realize just how bad they did.

I don't know man, The Rock didn't counter anything for me. It would've been terrible with or without him.

He didn't do anything special to turn a bad show into a good one.

antonz

Kyoufu said:
I don't know man, The Rock didn't counter anything for me. It would've been terrible with or without him.

But he did when it came to buy rates. He probably boosted buyrates 20% on his own.

WWE needs a few solid declining number wrestlemanias to wake up. I wouldnt put it past them to try and find a way to pass on the Undertaker gimmick to someone else to keep the "streak" going.

Once taker is gone a large chunk that tunes in because of the streak are gone

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Kyoufu said:

He means in terms of buys. Plenty of people bought this for the Rock.

Kyoufu

antonz said:
But he did when it came to buy rates. He probably boosted buyrates 20% on his own.

WWE needs a few solid declining number wrestlemanias to wake up.

Well if we're talking about sales, then yeah, but on the bright side, The Rock won't be around forever. They'll have to wake up some day.

edit: I don't really get the fascination with the streak though. Why do people care so much about a number of jobbers (19 in this case)?

A streak in wrestling means nothing since the outcome is always scripted and pre-determined.

antonz said:

The Rock didn't add anything to this Wrestlemania.

We end the WM with him having put down both the main event guys who WWE will have for years to come. While Rock will be gone within a few months (I give him till Summerslam).

The whole Cena-Miz was setup with this finish in mind, which I am sure screwed up the actual match planning itself.

Yea, last year I only bought WM to see HBK-Taker, same the year before.

dream

Considering how bad off Undertaker's entire body is, it's pretty amazing how he can ignore the pain and will himself to one fantastic match each year.

Knox

antonz said:

WWE needs a few solid declining number wrestlemanias to wake up. I wouldnt put it past them to try and find a way to pass on the Undertaker gimmick to someone else to keep the "streak" going.

Miz is 2-0 right? :p

slit

At this point Cena basically has to turn heel but Vince probably doesn't want to do it because of the amount of merchandise he moves. However, if the the Rock/Cena program continues what else can they do?

What a lame ending, and the hell was with dropping Bryant/Sheamus? Weak. I livetweeted this mess @onegoodlogan if anyone wants to relive the pain.

Khrno said:
Turn Cena heel, make the usual super Cena into the most dominating heel champion ever during a year, then have a heel super Cena that loses to no one go against the Taker for a last title reign so he can retire as Champion with a 20-0 after beating the biggest guy in the company.
This is too good of an idea.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Net_Wrecker said:
- Taker/HHH was fun, but didn't come anywhere near HBK/Taker I or II
Of course not. HBK and Taker had 15 and 16 wrestlemania matches each when they first faced off (the most of any wrestlers), and, of course, now they have 17 and 19.

HBK made a career out of stealing the spotlight at mania and putting on 5 star matches (particularly in the second half of his career, after he returned from a 4 year hiatus), while Taker has the streak. Nothing would compare to these two guys facing off. They ARE wrestlemania, with 34 unique matches on the wrestlemania stage that can be attributed to them.

Also, as big of a career as HHH has had, he's just not on the same level as Shawn Michaels or Undertaker. I think everyone can agree with that.

ElRenoRaven

Master Thespian said:
He's talking about people stealing moves, lol. Didn't he jack the ankle lock from Shamrock?

Yup. If anything that attitude of Angle's makes me lose a little respect for the guy. Nobody owns a damn move. More so one that others did before he ever set foot into the fucking wrestling ring.

Khrno

antonz said:

The problem with the declining buyrates and lower ratings is that TNA is complete shit (the booking) and is run by monkeys, with all due respect to Ms Carter.

So many PPVs during the year don't help either, but maybe that way they somehow make up for lower numbers on each of them. People are ok going to the live events, but they're not with paying so much money for not worthy big events.

Some 2009 Edge v Punk, maybe this site works better (click for the GIFs):

antonz

Apparently my linking Bryans interview WWE did about his first WM match and mocking snooki offended WWE. They removed themselves and a few of their alternate accounts from following me on twitter

ElRenoRaven

Khrno said:
The problem with the declining buyrates and lower ratings is that TNA is complete shit (the booking) and is run by monkeys, with all due respect to Ms Carter.

Personally TNA used to put on good PPVs pre Hogan and Bischoff. However since they came in the quality of TNA's PPVs much less the shows have dropped considerably.

Khrno

Those are the monkeys.

I don't like the gimmick-themed PPVs now. It takes out from the HitC, EC, TLC, MitB from being anything special. Now they're only duo main-event matches under the same theme and that's it.

MitB shouldn't have become a PPV, this WM totally missed it, although the streak match benefited from not having a spots match before.

Vestal

Kyoufu said:
Well if we're talking about sales, then yeah, but on the bright side, The Rock won't be around forever. They'll have to wake up some day.

edit: I don't really get the fascination with the streak though. Why do people care so much about a number of jobbers (19 in this case)?

A streak in wrestling means nothing since the outcome is always scripted and pre-determined.

The streak means alot to many people because Taker is the 1 man that has been synonymous with WWE since the early 90s. He has been there through thick and thin, never taking more than 8months off during the last 19 years.

The streak IMO is the appreciation from a Company he has stuck with for so long. He is the last remaning real Gimmick Character remaning in the wwe from the era long past.. A Gimmick that has survived the Attitude era, his Biker persona, and the new PG era.( oh and the Stephani Sacrifice)

Kyoufu

The Main Event said:
Just imagine if The Rock wasn't at Wrestlemania...Jesus Christ it would've been the biggest clusterfuck in wrestling history.

...how did The Rock being there not make it the biggest clusterfuck in wrestling history? Looking forward to your answer, but don't tell me "because its the rock".

Khrno

The Main Event said:
Just imagine if The Rock wasn't at Wrestlemania...Jesus Christ it would've been the biggest clusterfuck in wrestling history.

Obviously the main event wouldn't have been booked as it was, and his time would have been used in something else, so yeah, there's no way that taking out the Rock would have given the same PPV we had but well, just without him.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
DMczaf said:
http://vids2.wwe.com/11671/wrestlemania-xxvii-diary-shawn-m

Did Triple H corpse at the end?

SEND FOR THE MAN

quQq3.gif

regs said:
if we didn't have the rock we would have probably had daniel bryan sheamus and maybe a decent main event

I would have preferred it that way, because none of the Rocks promos ** or his burial of both WWE championship contenders were that exciting.

OK fine the Mae Young spot was funny and Stone Cold and the Rock was a mark out moment.

Xeke

Banned
Has anyone else noticed the guy in the cavs jersey in the front row in the same spot for the past 3 years? He had a hawks jersey on for the first part and then back to the Cavs jersey.

Xeke said:
Has anyone else noticed the guy in the cavs jersey in the front row in the same spot for the past 3 years? He had a hawks jersey on for the first part and then back to the Cavs jersey.

That guy became the thing to watch at some points.. He had on a big fur jacket at one point. Thought it was hysterical.

Khrno

upJTboogie said:
I would have preferred it that way, because none of the Rocks promos ** or his burial of both WWE championship contenders were that exciting.

OK fine the Mae Young spot was funny and Stone Cold and the Rock was a mark out moment.

Oh come on, the Rock Bottom on Cena was awesome!

Not because it was the Rock Bottom, it could have been a Stunner, a Pedigree, a Chokeslam, a Sharpshooter, a Spear, a Pepsi Plunge, a Clothesline from Hell, anything, the bottom line is that Cena sucks and him losing on any possible way is fucking awesome.

Kyoufu

Khrno said:

Not because it was the Rock Bottom, it could have been a Stunner, a Pedigree, a Chokeslam, a Sharpshooter, a Spear, a Pepsi Plunge, a Clothesline from Hell, anything, the bottom line is that Cena sucks and him losing on any possible way is fucking awesome.

I find it laughable you support Super Edge yet you think Cena losing is awesome.

edit: HEY LOOK ITS A SPEAR EDGE WINS

Khrno said:

I'm glad that Miz retained over Cena (even though I would have preferred him winning cleanly) but I didn't expect everything to be so damn predicable.

regs

Xeke said:

yea, and the cav's jersey he was wearing was a lebron one with the number 23 x'd out lol

also I enjoyed the Orton Orange-o-meter sign

Mrbob

Ninja Scooter said:
at this point who could do it? HBK is a legend and he couldn't do it twice. His good buddy and fellow legend HHH couldn't do it. The way HBK was telling him "You can't win" gave the streak so much power. There is now something almost mystical about it.

Only one man can break the quest for 20-0. Sheamus!

Khrno

Hey I like Edge's character, but hate Cena's, not very hard to understand. I do not like the Edge's last year, but after 10 years of being his fan, I'm not gonna stop liking him or his 2 newly added title reigns.

upJTboogie said:
I'm glad that Miz retained over Cena (even though I would have preferred him winning cleanly) but I didn't expect everything to be so damn predicable.

That was a given when having Cena as an opponent, how to beat him without making Cena look weaker than the winner, that would 'ruin' his character. In the end the Rock's served his purpose and will allow for something else between them two, while I do accept that WM wasn't the place to start everything up.

The Miz beating John Cena at WM27 is only the second time ever that a heel has won the final match. The only other time was Triple H at WM16 in 2000, retaining the WWF Title in a Fatal Four-Way against The Rock, The Big Show, and Mick Foley.

regs

lol i can see another Undertaker vs Undertaker match. The undertaker actually breaks his own streak by beating himself.

Kyoufu

AnEternalEnigma said:
The Miz beating John Cena at WM27 is only the second time ever that a heel has won the final match. The only other time was Triple H at WM16 in 2000, retaining the WWF Title in a Fatal Four-Way against The Rock, The Big Show, and Mick Foley.

The way he won was a joke, but good for the Miz I guess. I hope he doesn't feud with Boreton or Lawler again. Needs to be someone who doesn't make him look like a chump, and please for the love of god get rid of Alex Riley. :(

Kyoufu

antonz said:
At the rate sheamus is being hated by Hayes and such he may start dark matching everything only :p

They were probably trolling his pale skin colour with a "dark" match. Get it?

They must really hate him.

antonz

Kyoufu said:
They were probably trolling his pale skin colour with a "dark" match. Get it?

They must really hate him.
I wonder what goes through the mind of a guy like Sheamus that knows he gets squashed and in general treated like shit cause the higher ups dont like him but also dont want to see him go elsewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom