• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| WrassleMania Sucked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoufu

antonz said:
I wonder what goes through the mind of a guy like Sheamus that knows he gets squashed and in general treated like shit cause the higher ups dont like him but also dont want to see him go elsewhere

Probably "Well at least it isn't TNA"

Kusagari

antonz said:
I wonder what goes through the mind of a guy like Sheamus that knows he gets squashed and in general treated like shit cause the higher ups dont like him but also dont want to see him go elsewhere

He's already been champion twice. He's had it better than guys like Christian could ever dream of.

bill0527

antonz said:

He's going to toe the company line even though he knows he's now at the bottom of the barrel.

I think it sucks because I had become a fan of his over the last year. I thought he was a joke at first and thought his 1st title run was just ridiculous. He proved himself to me over the last year though. He's a great heel.

Khrno

antonz said:

He can pull a Lesnar or Lasley, or just sit tight and go the Bret route and hope he gets in the main event soon again.

You cannot expect everyone to remain at the top so easily specially after being new. Even Punk, he had his lows, although I believe he has had the best run of any new guy ever, Sheamus probably did win the title quicker, but Punk did more during his first 2 years, and then he managed to stay at the top, and although he doesn't have the title, he is the best heel, wrestler and performer, on the WWE today.

Kusagari

Punk's feuds are the best because WWE gives him so much freedom on the mic. You can tell that since he started the Straight Edge Society he's been given pretty much free reign on the mic to a level beyond anyone besides HHH.

RBH

The Frankman said:
WTF at Wrestlemania? Atlanta hasn't been gypped this bad since the Hawks gave Joe Johnson $126 million.
tumblr_liwicbXMtl1qzg0vyo1_500.gif

Khrno

I look forward to the day where CM Punk actually wins a feud. :(

2012 Royal Rumble > 2012 Wrestlemania 28

There you go, feud with whoever is the current top face champion.

Lunchbox said:
"Why would WWE use my finishes? Is it because I won't go back? R Orton- Angle Slam. M Cole- Ankle Lock? They have some nerve."

Since when does Randall do the Angle Slam?

So after all the crazy hype this Wrestlemania really did suck after all.. Good thing I decided not to watch it. Triple H vs Taker wasn't even good?

antonz

polyh3dron said:
So after all the crazy hype this Wrestlemania really did suck after all.. Good thing I decided not to watch it. Triple H vs Taker wasn't even good?
It was good but it was so very obvious they hadnt wrestled in forever. In the first 3 minutes they blew their load and were panting like overheated puppies.

The overall show is definetly contender for worst WM ever

Kyoufu

polyh3dron said:

It wasn't terrible, but it ended up turning into a finisher fiesta with a poor ending.

Khrno

Liu Kang Baking A Pie said:
He's been doing it every week for months.

RKO is no Angle Slam, and the punt, Randall has no more finishers. OR are wrest- I mean, superstars now, not allowed to use normal moves?

polyh3dron said:
Triple H vs Taker wasn't even good?

Seeing Taker flying over the third rope in a suicide dive is always worth it, specially with more years on his back.

Professor Beef said:
He doesn't use it as a finisher, it's just a regular move for him.

Yeah, that's what pisses me off, it's not being used as a finisher, just as a regular move, what's Angle crying about.

Kyoufu

I'll be really happy if Orton gets drafted to Smackdown (not going to happen I know).

The less of him I see the better.

Lunchbox

Banned
Khrno said:
RKO is no Angle Slam, and the punt, Randall has no more finishers. OR are wrest- I mean, superstars now, not allowed to use normal moves?
they gotta know how to do em first. look at holds punk put on during the match, and compare that to the punch, kick, clotheslines boreton did. believe it or not randell pulled off his whole moveset 3-4 times in that match

antonz

i gotta admit as much as Snooki stinky snatch being there annoyed me she actually pulled off her spot better than most Divas can manage

Parallax said:
thats some shawn michaels level selling there
Oh wow.. What a joke.

Well it's not as bad as those epic ric flair gifs where there is a good foot of distance between the fist and his face.

Khrno

I was really surprised at how agile she is lol, as soon as she got tagged in, I thought she was gonna pull some Vickie-level moves, but she was actually good and deserved that mini pop at the end.

polyh3dron said:
Oh wow.. What a joke.

Well it's not as bad as those epic ric flair gifs where there is a good foot of distance between the fist and his face.

Show does hit some of those fists quite nicely sometimes tho.

markatisu

ZombieSupaStar said:
snooki going all great muta was the wrestlemania moment this year.

My jaw hit the floor when she pulled that off, it was the last thing I would have ever expected. I was waiting for Dennis Rodman level of skill

Im watching the replay showcause i was out but listening to busted open i heard about the dark match and I was wtf? I knew Martel Jr would lose but was shocked being the first match but after hearing the listeners calling in and saying it should of been there.

But one question or prob it has already been asked but why hype up the rumble winner and then put him in the opening match?

antonz

sf2fanatic said:
Im watching the replay showcause i was out but listening to busted open i heard about the dark match and I was wtf? I knew Martel Jr would lose but was shocked being the first match but after hearing the listeners calling in and saying it should of been there.

But one question or prob it has already been asked but why hype up the rumble winner and then put him in the opening match?
Something happened with the scheduling I think. Bryans interview specifically mentions watching battle royale before his match. Instead when it came to showtime the battle royale happened then kicked right off to edge and del rio.

Bryan and Sheamus were deemed expendable for time constraints

parasight

I did cringe inside when The Rock botched the spinebuster to People's Elbow transition. So far both times he's tried to transition to the People's Elbow have been botched. The kip-up botch was far worse though.

antonz said:
Something happened with the scheduling I think. Bryans interview specifically mentions watching battle royale before his match. Instead when it came to showtime the battle royale happened then kicked right off to edge and del rio.

Bryan and Sheamus were deemed expendable for time constraints

I heard alot of people were pissed because of that move..I heard there is alot of Bryan fans too.

Lunchbox said:
Miz is 2-0 at mania

Streak vs Streak next year. Taker will break the streak or DIE trying

I don't think the Undertaker's streak has EVER been in as much jeopardy as it is with that one. BAH-GAWD!

*cue Cena and HBK promos about it* *Arn Anderson hype how much of a bloodbath it'll be*

(._.)

Banned
I turned mania off after Taker/HHH. sounds like there was a really corny ending centered purely around the rock.... overall I would say this was a fairly forgettable event. Not really a single truly great match.

WM28 will be memorable because of HHH/Taker 2 with the 19-1 ending.

Snooki hitting a reverse shooting star press will be next years greatest WM moment. I hope Undertaker goes on before her cause even his last match can't follow that up. ;(

Love you The Phenom. <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom