• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are you still investing in the Xbox ecosystem?

Are you still investing in the Xbox ecosystem?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Kacho

Gold Member
It goes without saying 2024 was a rough year for Xbox. More than usual. Xbox began porting their games to competing platforms which has coincided with an unprecedented collapse in hardware sales.

Despite their precarious position, they remain committed to staying in the hardware space. Back in April Sarah Bond confirmed their commitment to backwards compatibility with a 'new team dedicated to game preservation' as backwards compatibility with previous-generation Xbox games will remain a priority for the company's hardware going forward.

With all that being said, are you still investing in the Xbox ecosystem with confidence?

Pedro Motta

No Way Smh GIF by MOODMAN

My XSX is a very expensive paperweight right now.

Alebrije

Nope.

My last Gamepass subscription was like 1 year ago or more. Never got Series S/X. Just played with My xbox One X.

Only game I care in the future is Stalker 2 but it.can wait ...won't return to it just for that Game

I still play on My one X , but no spend money on new Microsoft ecosystem.

Mownoc

Switched to Xbox the start of this gen. Switched back to Playstation end of last year. So no.

Was subbed to Gamepass since 2018, expired a couple of months ago and no plan to resub.

Last edited:

killatopak

Gold Member
On PC probably. Mostly for nostalgia like Age of Empire and Mythology.

On console I’m good. I buy physical so I don’t really have any issues if MS suddenly stops supporting the online market. It’s the digital BC titles that I have that are concerning for me. If they can somehow transfer them to PC, I would be more confident.

Last edited:

Jaybe

No. Lost complete faith in them after Redfall and missing their release targets for Forza Motorsport and Starfield. Plus all the “career moment” and “spend Sony out of business” type of emails from the trial. Sold my Xbox Series X June 2023. Haven’t bought one of their games since either. Don’t plan on buying any either.

Last edited:

MayauMiao

After what happened to Xbox, and how screwed me over with their shitty Games For Windows Live, fucking hell no.

Their Windows Store is shit too, and not forgetting I did buy one of their Windows Phone. Never again.

Last edited:

Nydius

Didn’t we have this poll a while back? Or am I experiencing Matrix deja vu?

There really isn’t a poll option for me because I have a Series X, but “investing in it” is a stretch. Since getting my PS5 in 2022, my Xbox is a Game Pass machine. I’m not going to get rid of it because I still play games via Game Pass Ultimate but my PS5 is clearly my primary console.

Rambotito

I bought a Series S earlier this year, but now it's not being used that much. Increasing Game Pass prices and pushing everyone towards Ultimate was a bad move on Microsoft's part. Honestly I just want to play like 2 games that I don't already have.

Ceadeus

Gold Member
I'm sub to core and buy couple games on sales from time to time.

I wish Xbox were more active . I wish they could go back to 360 era again and be on fire like they used to.

diffusionx

Gold Member
I stopped when my UGP sub ran out, never got a Series. GP was strangely easy to give up, far easier than it would be to ditch my digital library on Steam or PS. I might pick up a cheap SX one of these days for BC only, if I still care when that happens. There are some Xbox 360 games that are fun to play like Skate.

WoJ

I buy sports games on Xbox. I'll pick up cheap physical games. And some digital stuff periodically if it's cheap, looks interesting, and something that falls into the "I want to play something that's a pallette cleanser or off the beaten path type of game".

dmaul1114

I'm keeping my XSX. Prefer the elite controller to my DualSense Edge and love Gamepass. I don't really invest in ecosystems anyway as I rarely replay games and I'm not a collector so I don't care whether I have longterm access to game purchases. Sub services are ideal for me as I don't care about owning media I'm 99% of the time going to consume once.

I'm just not that passionately into gaming, movies etc. these days. Those are just things to kill boredom at home when I'm not traveling or out and about doing something social etc.

Bitstream

Haven't rocked an xbox since the first one, halo 1 and 2 were killer. Since then i've kept peeking back over the green fence to see if they have anything worthwhile, but it seems the newer versions of gears and halo have been shit, rest of the stuff is typically multiplatform. That said, MS announces a next gen console that brings that 'biggest leap' ever they keep talking about, and actually starts churning out some great first party stuff in addition to the new Gears, I could be persuaded.

Alx

Still using base game pass on Xbox One and Serie S. I think I wouldn’t be playing any game at all if it weren’t for that service, though.

Reave

It's mostly just a Game Pass box for me now. The only exception I made lately was buying Space Marine 2 because of the better performance on Xbox over base PS5. But, that's about it.

Last edited:

MikeM

Gold Member
Nah. Sold my Halo Series X to my neighbour. Run PC and PS5 now.

Oh well MS- you ship your exclusives elsewhere and now you get no money from me (except COD but you still lose the Steam store fee hehe).

Idiots.

My Series X is still my main and most used console, but that is just because of the library I have built up on it over the years and then Gamepass. I have only purchased a few games on it over the last year, whereas I have purchased around 90 games on Steam in the same time period. My plan is to migrate my entire library to PC except for console exclusives. I definitely am done trusting Microsoft to do the right things in gaming.

K' Dash

Im only buying games on PS5, I gave my Series X to my 17yo and I have his Series S in storage. I’ll give him my PS5 when I get the pro in December.

XXL

I've never bought anything on my Series X aside from Game Pass for a month here and there. Same thing with the Xbox PC app, I've only bought Game Pass for a month here and there.

BlackTron

Xbox has and will continue to be sniping 360/one games when on sale for a penance on a used $100 Series S after selling my X. Don't see why this habit would change based on developments, was already rock bottom.

Aenima

I realised my mistake when i bought an OG Xbox and saw MS kill it just 4 years after launch. MS kinda redeemed themselves during the X360 gen, but then proved i was right to stay away in the gens after that.

XXL

It goes without saying 2024 was a rough year for Xbox. More than usual. Xbox began porting their games to competing platforms which has coincided with an unprecedented collapse in hardware sales.

Despite their precarious position, they remain committed to staying in the hardware space. Back in April Sarah Bond confirmed their commitment to backwards compatibility with a 'new team dedicated to game preservation' as backwards compatibility with previous-generation Xbox games will remain a priority for the company's hardware going forward.

With all that being said, are you still investing in the Xbox ecosystem with confidence?
You should add a poll option for "No, but I have a Series X/S" or Yes, but only for Game Pass" or something to that effect.

Physical 360 games only. As always, am on the hunt for extra consoles that still have the OG blades dashboard firmware on them. I'm going to have a couple of those just boxed up in storage because the failure rates were so high on them and I just love the blades UI so much. It was peak Xbox imo and follows all the tenets of good UX design.

DeepSpace5D

I can’t participate in the poll based on the options. But I do own an Xbox One.

I haven’t picked up a Series S or X this gen however, and the chances of that seem increasingly less likely as more of their first-party games come to PlayStation.

GinSama

Kinda going more slow now, although I'm still interested in all next games....also it all depends how it will be on next gen...

But I'm still happy with my series x so I I will still buy some games with good promos...

Top Bottom