• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are you still investing in the Xbox ecosystem?

Are you still investing in the Xbox ecosystem?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

King Dazzar

I've got an XSX for BC and as an occasional demo machine. If Halo MCC and GEARS etc move across to PS, then I might get rid of it. But I can see me keeping the XSX just for the odd BC title. All cross platform games are on my PS5.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I was back in 360 thanks to its exclusive JRPGs but once they stopped making those games, I was done with Xbox.

I have no loyalty toward Nintendo, Sony or Microsoft….as long as they release the games I want then I will buy your system.

Last edited:
Despite their precarious position, they remain committed to staying in the hardware space. Back in April Sarah Bond confirmed their commitment to backwards compatibility with a 'new team dedicated to game preservation' as backwards compatibility with previous-generation Xbox games will remain a priority for the company's hardware going forward.
i've already got all the backward compatibility i'd ever want on the series s. so, afa i'm concerned, i've already got my xbox ecosystem. done...

Cakeboxer

Gold Member
If a casual friend would ask me what console to get i would tell him to get a used 120 Euro Series S + vpn games. Vpn games are sometimes just 10% of the Xbox or PS store price.

But i wouldn't recommend him buying full priced digital Xbox games or more than couple of months Game Pass.

I have a huge backwards compatible library on my Series S and just started playing Castlevania: Dominus Collection, which I bought on it. I intend to subscribe to Gamepass for a month because I want to demo some games and my brother wants to play Persona 3: Reloaded. When Capcom releases the new fighting game collection on the Series consoles in 2025 I will acquire them too. I will probably acquire newer games on my PC, but I will keep playing Series S. If they restart the backwards compatibility program or older stuff gets rereleased I will likely buy it on there if I have any interest.

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire
Physical games on Xbox usually get cheaper faster than on PS5 or Switch, so occasionally I can grab some great deals on XSX. The most recent one was Sea of Stars for €10 about a week ago.

That said, a lot of releases I'm interested in do not get a physical release on Xbox, so I usually end up grabbing those on either PS5 or Switch.

ungalo

My Gamepass subscription is still running (the 3 years conversion from Gold that i did like 2 years ago).

I bought some games at very low price not too long ago but even that i regret, now that i have a decent PC.

Basically i'll use my Xbox to play the best version of Deadly Premonition, still to this day. And i'll use Gamepass to play some games.

hinch7

Nope. Haven't invested in their platform ever since the 360. Had no reason to when they've been doing day one releases on PC for the past and current console.

If they made a PC hybrid console however and it supported Steam, I'll consider.

Last edited:
When more than half of an enthusiast video game forum doesn’t own an Xbox, you can see why they’re just giving up

oyldffd.jpeg

bender

What time is it?
Love my series X and I'll hang onto it for backward compatibility but I'll never purchase another game for it as I don't see a future in the Xbox hardware and thus having a library of games has little appeal.

Fess

I can’t participate in the poll based on the options. But I do own an Xbox One.

I haven’t picked up a Series S or X this gen however, and the chances of that seem increasingly less likely as more of their first-party games come to PlayStation.
Go PC, you get the best versions day 1 plus mods and free online. Only real downside is no XB1 fps boost backwards compatibility, yet…

DeepSpace5D

Go PC, you get the best versions day 1 plus mods and free online. Only real downside is no XB1 fps boost backwards compatibility, yet…
I’ve been primarily a console gamer my whole life, although I do have a budget PC I use to play older games. Perhaps in the future though if I upgrade or get a new capable PC I will certainly consider it.

ReBurn

Gold Member
I still have my Xbox consoles but I'm not buying new games for them. The last Xbox game I bought was Starfield.

Most of my game purchases this year have been on Steam. On console, I bought Tekken 8, Stellar Blade and Astro Bot on PS5 day 1 and I got the Ghost of Tsushima upgrade with my PS Stars points as I last played that on PS4 and hadn't played the director's cut. I've bought nothing for Switch since Super Mario Wonder.

Robb

Gold Member
Nah, I’m done I think. I’ll stick to Nintendo and PlayStation, at least if MS continues to release their games on those platforms as well.

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Sometimes, like the Playstation only big Xbox games or games that are play anywhere on both console and PC. I really do not use the " power " consoles much anymore. I still buy LE controllers and consoles though which is lioke burning money but hey got to do something that makes you happy sometimes right?

El Muerto

Gold Member
Since day 1 baby. Also been with Nintendo and Sony since day 1 too. I like to play games and want to play all the exclusives. But i do prefer Xbox as my main console. Games dont crash as often like they do on Playstation, OS is better too. Gamepass is excellent, and MS rewards is better than PS Stars. If Xbox goes cloud only i'm out.

Iced Arcade

honestly, Xbox is usually my preferred console but this gen has got me leaning blue.

next-gen... I'm not buying both platforms if xbox continues its route of multiplatform releases. I'll save about 1k on hardware and a couple hundred annually, buy a PlayStation and buy the games I want and save a fuck ton of money. (might even say fuck both and go PC)

xbox will change courses 6 times by then though so who knows lol

Last edited:
Yep. Best controller and UI means the Series X is my preferred cross platform console. GamePass is great value. If a MS game is good I will buy it. Still subbed and plan to stay subbed. Barely ever use my Switch or PS5. If MS were to ever drop out I’d probably further embrace PC gaming.

Lone Wolf

I’ve been primarily Xbox since the launch of the OG in 2001. The disaster that is Xbox has driven me to sell our two Series S and a Series X console. Now it’s PS5 and Steam Deck for me. My wife plays a bit of PS5 and the Switch, and my daughter went to PC. The future is third party for Xbox.

Does buying Microsoft games on Steam count? An Xbox Series controller for use with my PC?

If not, then no. I haven't bought anything Xbox related since the 360 days (I still have my 360 and physical game collection).

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
PC gamepass and that's it, although I might unsuscribe since I haven't enjoyed it for a while now.

Never had an Xbox console, and probably never will.

BigLee74

I’ve been primarily Xbox since the launch of the OG in 2001. The disaster that is Xbox has driven me to sell our two Series S and a Series X console. Now it’s PS5 and Steam Deck for me. My wife plays a bit of PS5 and the Switch, and my daughter went to PC. The future is third party for Xbox.
Interested in why the Xbox has been such an unmitigated disaster to you?

Personally, I’ve done nothing but play great games for the past 4 years, with what looks like many more to come. And all for the cost of 10 minutes of searching a day.

Only one console exclusive game has been a disappointment in my eyes - Redfall - but it is something i was never particularly interested in anyway.

The XSX is certainly a fantastic bit of kit!

RickMasters

Yup. Still all in.

All my friends are still on Xbox. My backlog is mostly Xbox ( though I got a couple hundred PC games these days too). I love gamepass. I’m looking forward to things like avowed, indy, fable etc. a lot of their first party games look interesting. And besides…. Anything I can’t get on Xbox and I can get on PC, with the exception of Nintendo games. And as much as I want to add one of those I don’t know when I’ll find the time to play it.

So I’m sticking with Xbox. It has always had all my needs covered.

namenotfound

Neo Member
I had an Xbox and X360. Skipped the XOne. Then got a launch XSX the for the 2018 studios and Bethesda acquisition hype plus 3 years of GamePass Ultimate. Then I traded it in for a PS5 after Starfield and Forza Motorsport didn't hit the spot. No abandoning of a library because I didn't buy a single game end of 2020 to when I traded in the XSX. I have more disc games remaining from the Xbox and 360 when I had those than XOne/XSX games. Anything is more than zero. Power of gamepass

Last edited:
Don't want anything to do with Xbox anymore. Sold my Series X and won't touch them. I deleted the Xbox app on my PC. Fuck them.
Sony is next if they don't get their shit together. If it wasn't for my 10 year old I probably sold it already.

Top Bottom