• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are you still investing in the Xbox ecosystem?

Are you still investing in the Xbox ecosystem?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Perrott

Still investing? No, I bought all the backwards compatible Xbox games I had on my radar last year. Now I'm just waiting for the right time to pull the trigger and get a Series X to play that entire library of over 100 exclusive or better-on-console games from the Xbox, X360 and XOne generations.

And eventually, I'll probably be getting the handheld to have on-the-go access to all those titles.

Quasicat

I just preordered an all digital Series X, since I have never used the disc drive on my launch model. I’m waiting for Microsoft to allow purchased cloud gaming since I hop back and forth between consoles and cloud all of the time.

Quasicat

Still investing? No, I bought all the backwards compatible Xbox games I had on my radar last year. Now I'm just waiting for the right time to pull the trigger and get a Series X to play that entire library of over 100 exclusive or better-on-console games from the Xbox, X360 and XOne generations.

And eventually, I'll probably be getting the handheld to have on-the-go access to all those titles.
I know it’s all rumors and nothing is official, but I’m really hoping that the handheld console is a thing.

I will buy Sonic x Shadow, but I don't really have anything else I am looking forward to this year.

I think that what Nintendo are going to do with their next console will be a deciding factor in where I put my money going in 2025 and beyond. If the console still runs every third party game like shit, then MS will remain the only option.
With MS brining there games to PS why is that not an option?

Yes I will out of the major console makers I only have confidence ms will be the only one who's digital library will survive.

Strange they are the ones I would have least confidence in. They already thought about getting rid of the division once before.

Sony and Nintendo this is their core business and they rely on gaming. MS has other profitable divisions and could get rid of Xbox today and still be doing just fine as a company.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
OG and 360 are all you need. Everything after is totally skippable. Series S is cute though and a fun emulator box.

Poll options are not great. I have an Xbox One X (not the Series), got it for Red Dead Redemption 2 (that is also the last game I bought for the system). I haven't invested into them this gen and I likely never will again.

Allandor

Currently I'm investing more into PS5, but just because I bought one a few months ago. As both consoles are silent enough, I don't have a problem with both (except for the size of the PS5 slim, still too big).

But currently I play more PC, because of the latest comeback of RTS games :)

Kacho

Gold Member
Poll options are not great. I have an Xbox One X (not the Series), got it for Red Dead Redemption 2 (that is also the last game I bought for the system). I haven't invested into them this gen and I likely never will again.
Just pick no and ignore the flavor text.

XXL

Yes Microsoft game on steam 😜
It's the best play to buy them easily. The games they have that are good are so cheap on Steam (when on sale) that Game Pass is pretty much irrelevant.

I bought every FO game ever made for $11.

Last edited:

Kacho

Gold Member
I still have every gen of xbox except the current one. So, yes I have 3 Xbox's, man... just not the series. That "no" option assumes that someone never had any xbox to begin with.
It’s not that important. The question is more aimed at people who were invested in current gen and where they’re at after this disastrous year. If you haven’t been actively buying games on Xbox just pick no lol.

No, I also lost interest.

I own the OG that has some gems like Jet Set Radio Future, Panzer Dragoon Orta or Otogi.
I own X360 which was awesome, multiplatform games running great plus cool exclusives/console exclusives.

Last edited:

damidu

nope, ill buy on pc, or sub gamepass there for a month if anything good from them comes along.
im left with a stupid black slab, which is not turned on over a year, which i should probably donate to a children's hospital or something.
wont be buying their handheld or hybrid pc or whatever either, most likely it'll collapse and be dropped faster than series

Beechos

Strange they are the ones I would have least confidence in. They already thought about getting rid of the division once before.

Sony and Nintendo this is their core business and they rely on gaming. MS has other profitable divisions and could get rid of Xbox today and still be doing just fine as a company.
There's a couple of reasons why I feel this way.

1. Their integration with pc and cloud. I can easily switch between playing on xbox, pc and Cloud. I can resume my games seamlessly on any of these devices.
2. They seem to care most for game preservation. I currently can play 4 gens worth of xbox games on my series console. I'm 99% confident at this point if ms wanted to they can release an xbox app on mult devices that would play xbox games just by inserting a disc or downloading the game within the app.
3. Their customer service is pretty good. If sony or nintendo were to go down I can see them not giving 2 shits about people's libraries.

Ms on the other hand has the money and engineering to possibly offer an alternative. For example even with the rumors of them maybe leaving the console business it would open 3rd parties to make their own "xboxes" to run "xbox" games.

I can see how people would feel the opposite though since they are dead last and can be seen as potentially exiting the business.

demigod

NXMXBDm.png

What happened to all the lifelong PC gamers and PCMR?

RoboCain

They did wonders with their regional pricing between 2017-2022 to the point I own an absurd amount of games in their platform (it was also around the time GPU prices were through the roof) and I can use the controllers and headset on PC, so I'm keeping the XSX for now but ever since I got my Steam Deck I went PC first again and I'm not looking back.

Kind of curious if they come up with new ways to access that content. They did great with the BC and FPS programs.

Reactions: Isa
Yeah. Activision has a sale today, thought I'd pick up some of the old call of duty games, since on PC you're likely to get hacked from what I've heard.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
I no longer have a XSX, I literally gave it away to a family member asking for it.

I dont even know if my Game Pass sub lapsed.

That said, because of family I'll have to get another Xbox eventually. Most friends n co workers have PlayStation.

wipeout364

Absolutely, especially now that they have the so many studios. I honestly don’t understand why people are so down on the system.

Hopefully with the money they are now going to make off Sony purchases they will be able to acquire more studios and put Sony in a serious chokehold, forcing gamepass into the PlayStation ecosystem. Then things will get really interesting.

Quasicat

I have my all digital Series X preordered using my launch Series X as a down payment…I have never used the disc drive. I also buy all of my games on it even now with my PS5 and Switch being for exclusives. Games look great and I absolutely love the controller over the other consoles…it’s a personal preference. If Xbox were to shut down right now, I would still have a ton of games that I could play.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
No. I moved my Series X into my home gym and use it as a streaming box. I don't trust MS to buy things on XB anymore. I have PC/XB/PS/Switch so it doesn't make sense to invest in XB when I have other platforms I can pick stuff up on.

Kacho

Gold Member
I have my all digital Series X preordered using my launch Series X as a down payment…I have never used the disc drive. I also buy all of my games on it even now with my PS5 and Switch being for exclusives. Games look great and I absolutely love the controller over the other consoles…it’s a personal preference. If Xbox were to shut down right now, I would still have a ton of games that I could play.
What’s the point of the upgrade? I didn’t think there was any difference between the two other than the lack of disc drive.

Nydius

If Xbox were to shut down right now, I would still have a ton of games that I could play.

You may want to rethink that statement. Considering they have aggressive online DRM that checks your licenses frequently, if Xbox shut down, so too would their login and digital license authentication servers. Your entire digital library would be functional for a week, tops, before they'd all become inaccessible because you wouldn't be able to login and validate your licenses.

SHA

You make it sound your whole typical library contain 9 exclusives and 2 3rd parties, this isn't normal, 3rd parties cost more and usually take a lot of effort to beat, that argument doesn't make sense unless you don't see the whole picture of 3rd party games.

Top Bottom