• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are you still investing in the Xbox ecosystem?

Are you still investing in the Xbox ecosystem?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

rapid32.5

Keeping my XSX for BC and GamePass. Skipping next Gen Xbox if nothing changes at MS camp. Securing 3rd party games like Sony and redoing Halo franchise with developers like id would have been a good start.

Last edited:
Guardians Of The Galaxy GIF

Gambit2483

Define "Investing".

Will I sub to Gamepass if their upcoming games are decent?

Will I actually buy Fable if it's amazing?

ZehDon

Yeah, still happy to ride with Xbox. Their first party is kind of a joke, but Xbox's crossover PC with gives me everything I want. When I want to play something on my couch with a controller, I play it on my Xbox, and when I want to play something with the absolute best visuals money can buy, I play it on my PC. Thanks to Game Pass, I have lots of new and interesting games to play all the time for both platforms. Happy to stay until they find a way to fuck it up.

Pantz

Mostly stopped buying games. Once in a while picking up with a good sale price.
I already have a huge digital library, so I'm not going to just abandon it.
Using rewards points to get free Game Pass, is this investing? I'll keep doing it, because free Game Pass is nice!
On one hand I feel like Xbox is at it's lowest point. On the other, free Game Pass.

Optimus Lime

(L3) + (R3) | Spartan rage activated
Absolutely not. I'm not investing in anything other than my PC. Console gaming was always a supplementary thing for me, now it's not even that. It's just an overpriced waste of my time. The XSX will be my last Microsoft console, and Sony will need to do something mindblowingly unbelievable for me to give a shit about the PS6.

I'd rather spend the $7000AUD to build a 5090/6090 PC than burn through money on bullshit consoles ever again.

Topher

Gold Member
Nah, redirecting every back to PC. Selling my XSX and changing to PC Game Pass. Just no point in owning both PC and Xbox anymore since Xbox will more than likely become a PC next gen.

KaiserBecks

I don't think MS will ever shut down Xbox. They might stop making hardware if it no longer brings them profits, but they would most likely keep Xbox as a third party plataform like Steam. They have spent too much money on it already. I think your digital library will be fine.

"Every screen is an Xbox" - Lies of Phil.

I don’t think it’ll be gone, but I’m not sure if I should keep investing in their ecosystem if there won’t be another console I’ll be able to play those games on.

Jesb

I passed on this generation of consoles. The only eco system I’m in is GFN. So ultimately that and pc storefronts. I guess you can say Xbox when I am subscribed to gamepass. But that is sporadic.

unlurkified

Yep, but still just holding out for Avowed and Gears 6. I’m a huge Gears fan and bought a SX pretty much just to play Gears 5. Also, if they release a new-gen console in 2026 two years ahead of Sony that handily beats out the Pro, that’ll be awesome and I’ll probably get it if they still have exclusives by that point.

Cramoss

Yes because on the console space, Sony is the only one of the big three that does not have regional prices here on PSN, so I mostly buy on Xbox.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
I have $5 per month cheap gamepass until august 2026. Honestly the stuff on there is more than enough for me. Probably saved me thousands of dollars if I would buy stuff like I did previous gen as I was a fool for chasing tons of day one stuff back then.

After the cheap stuff expires probably will move onto switch 2.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
I haven't really used my Series X over the last couple of years, it is a very good console, but my backlog on PlayStation and PC is getting bigger, and there are no games over there that I feel I have to play. Starfield was one that I keep thinking I may do, but now it's reached the point where I think each day I wait is a day closer to it probably coming to PS5, which I'd prefer to play it on.

I think their best chance of me buying any more games is to bring back more 360 games via BC, that's an area that they did really well, I really enjoyed going back into some of those games when Series X launched, and went and bought quite a few games I already owned in PS3 but wanted to play again.

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
Not really. I got an X for free last year, but I put it in the closet and it's been there ever since.

Cornbread78

No Way Smh GIF by MOODMAN

My XSX is a very expensive paperweight right now.

Yup. My X's disk drive stopped worked 2 years ago and the network card is so bad, CoD played like a fucking slide show.... I'll play some digital BC stuff & my wife plays Disney Dream Valley everyday, but all my money goes to Sony & Ninty once my GP stack runs out next year

Roberts

I used to buy pretty much every console in the past but I don't have time for all that stuff now so I chose to keep only one console - the one I like the most based on certain criterias. And that is xbox. I have over thousand games in my library so I'm heavily invested in the ecosystem. I also think that MS makes the best first party games and despite going multiplatform, most of them will still come out on xbox first. Not going anywhere.

Shtef

Yes, i have recently bought ps5 slim, even though its great console i still prefer playing on xbox. Ps5 is for exclusives only, everything else i am buying on series x.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Yes. Still my main console platform but with less purchases.

I try to only buy play anywhere titles with the hope if worst comes to worst I still have pc games.

Last edited:

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
I’ve got GPU for around another 22 months so I’ll stick with it while I’m gaming for free via MS Rewards.

Fess

I don’t understand the new poll choice. Am I investing in the Xbox ecosystem if I play all Microsoft’s games on PC/Steam?

AlterSchwede

Neo Member
No, my xbox basically has become the stumble guys machine of my son. Did not play/buy a xbox game probably for a year my self.

Flintty

I’ve had every Xbox at launch since the very first. I might dip in and play some old games on my SX occasionally but it honestly looks like I’ll be playing my PS5 for most console games going forward. Unless they get their fingers out their arses and start to make great games I wanna play.

Fable is going to be a huge test. If they fuck that up, I’m done.

Banjo64

cumsessed
I’ve got Infinite, FH4 and SoT on Steam, Gears 5 and MCC are on my wish list.

Won’t buy an Xbox or invest in the MS store.

I bought two new controller, that my kid can play with their friends.
And I have GP Ultimate and it's so excited that FlightSim2024 is here soon.

Ans all my games I bought... I am happy with it.
PS5 is nice. But I'm not in the age were all consoles and graphic power is a must have.

Ps5Pro...no, I buy Xbox Next or PS6

Top Bottom