• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrested Development |OT| Season 4 - May 26 - Netflix Unmakes A Huge Mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jopie

Loved the first episode. Arrested Development was always about awkward moments and characters for me. I got the same feeling watching it tonight that I do when I watch the previous seasons. That's what matters most to me.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
What search engine are they using? I can't quite make out the pixellated colorful logo.

Edit: Ha. That Harmon cameo. I miss that cuddly bastard so much.

Fletcher

Loved the first episode. Arrested Development was always about awkward moments and characters for me. I got the same feeling watching it tonight that I do when I watch the previous seasons. That's what matters most to me.

I always felt what mattered to me the most was it being funny. I wish I had your view on it.

Meier

Just watched the first episode. Fantastic. So many cameos! It'll be fun to see them all throughout the season.

Liza Manelli looks great. She hasn't aged a bit..it doesn't seem like surgery either.

Two episodes done and I'm gonna wait to blaze through the rest tomorrow. It's been pretty awesome what they have managed to do with what they had. Only thing that sucks was the really bad green screen scene near the start of episode 2.

Episode 3.

I enjoyed Ep1 more than Ep2 but still both great. There seems to be even more hidden jokes in here that require to pause (I'll do on third or fourth rewatch) than ever before.

Sharp

I thought episode 1 was quite funny. Episode 2 has been pretty meh so far. In some ways it reminds me of some of the later season 3 episodes, where I felt like the team was trying to cram too much exposition into each episode.

Spoilers ahead guys! Impressions on Episodes 1 (Michael) and Episode 2 (George Sr.)

Man, it's so good to see Arrested Development back! I love the new opening title card, and that picture of Lucille on the Boat!

Anyway, Michael episode. Man. It's great seeing him again, but boy did his episode depress me. It really made me sad. I had read Michael would be more vulnerable, but I never imagined this bad. I hope Michael 2 gets him out of this rut! The coming soon on AD was the best part of Michael's episode with the MOTHER OF GOD! and the Ostrich.

On the George Sr. episode: I loved this episode! Made me laugh out loud quite a few times. I just love the Oscar and George Sr. dynamic. Felt like old Arrested Development more than a few times. Hell, Jeffery Tambor doesn't look like he's aged at all! Oh and the Lucille and Buster smoking scene was gold!

I'm encouraged for the upcoming Tobias and Gob episodes, sad I have to go to bed now. I'll watch the next 13 starting at 7pm eastern time, so early morning I'll be back with more impressions!

Enjoy everyone! <3

legend166

Until they get to the desert.

This isn't sitting right with me at all.

If they weren't able to do this right then they shouldn't have done it at all. Production is just awful.

Sorta what I'm thinking. The strength of the show was the ensemble cast. Two episodes in and Lindsay and Tobias haven't even been in the show yet. I'm not liking the format at all.

sqwarlock

Just finished the first episode, and as a Phoenix resident I just want to say that the scene outside of Sky Harbor was damned accurate.

TheExodu5

Banned
It's not like there haven't been funny moments, but they've been very few and far between. I feel like they're trying way too hard to lay some groundwork, things are moving too fast.

I've only had one big laugh out loud moment, and that was Michael was talking to P. Hound "you ever even been on a flight you piece of !#*&"?

Bacon

An hour into the new season being up and the critics are already rearing their heads. Probably should have seen that coming....

I've only had one big laugh out loud moment, and that was Michael was talking to P. Hound "you ever even been on a flight you piece of !#*&"?

Yeah, I actually enjoyed the first episode. The tipping scene and everything with p. hound was pretty great. but boy was the second episode a real bummer. Just hard to get through.

why the hell is michael such an idiot now?

enjoyed 2nd episode much more than the first, maybe that's cause the shock of watching this had worn off. I dunno, not many laughs so far. But I'll continue tomorrow

lindsay and tobias episode is the best so far

feels like AD, Portia kills it

I'm sad I won't be able to see that til tomorrow!

Didn't Michael's episode depress anyone else? Also I thought George Sr and Oscar killed it. Loved episode 2 far more than 1.

why the hell is michael such an idiot now?

Exactly this. He's fallen too hard. I really don't like where they've taken his character so far, but we do have another episode so I have faith he'll be on his way up.

Sharp

Honestly, I think most of the laugh out loud moments in the original were G.O.B. or Tobias, and they've barely factored in yet. It never seemed to me to be a "laugh out loud" show, not in the same way that something like Curb is. I've never been a huge laugh out loud person though, and I certainly wouldn't presume to try to tell people what was funny.

Mr. F

Banned
2 eps down and its so-so, music is way too loud. I feel the longer episodes might be to its detriment, not feeling as quick and snappy as before. Also
Not digging the 1982 Goerge and Lucille, Wiig is just playing herself as she always does and Rogan neither looks or sounds anything like Tambor.
I'm scared. But it's nice to have back in any case.

An hour into the new season being up and the critics are already rearing their heads. Probably should have seen that coming....

it's crazy

I don't want people pretending to love the season if they don't, but no one's more than two episodes in, and Netflix is a new format. It's like only watching twenty minutes of a movie and already forming your whole opinion on it

TheExodu5

Banned

Well I certainly didn't see it coming. I've watched through AD quite a few times and still laugh pretty consistently. The first two episodes were just surprisingly unfunny...not what I was expecting at all.

Hopefully things get better.

Fantastical

Death Prophet

And what about the people being positive in the thread? Too soon for that too?

Well I certainly didn't see it coming. I've watched through AD quite a few times and still laugh pretty consistently. The first two episodes were just surprisingly unfunny...not what I was expecting at all.

Hopefully things get better.

That's how I feel so far. There are also a lot of obvious places that they will go back and insert jokes into in the other episodes, maybe that will help. Although, I hope there's a lot of not-so-obvious places too.

I've only watched 2 episodes. Calling it a night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom