• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrested Development |OT| Season 4 - May 26 - Netflix Unmakes A Huge Mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkgran

Still cant believe we are getting more AD!!

STEVE HOLT!

LMCn3DOdHi5qg3nyby2tEFkOo1_500.jpg

KNT-Zero

I don't know if this has been discussed before, but does anyone know if the free Netflix month trial could let me watch the show for free? I would actually pay money, but if I have the option...

Shit, just realized this premieres the same day as a wedding I'm going to. Had days mixed up. Not doing anything Monday at least, and I'm not sure if I'm going to try to space them out yet anyway. Doubt I'll have the willpower to after watching the first episode.

The thread'll be interesting to follow to see what pace everyone is going at. The House of Cards thread managed to be pretty active even with every episode going up at once.

I thought this was starting on the 23rd for some reason. Woke up early today, figured oh, I'll watch the new AD before getting out of bed!

I was crushed.

Air

Banned
I'm glad you don't have to stop and watch different episodes for the new season. That sounds like it would have been exhausting.

IFC Press Release said:
IFC TO RUN “ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT” MARATHON THIS SATURDAY, MAY 25

JUST PRIOR TO THE RELEASE OF ALL NEW EPISODES ONLINE

New York, NY -- May 23, 2013 – Close down the frozen banana stand, paint yourself blue, jump in the stair car and head home to the mini-mansion... it’s time to watch the complete three-season marathon of “Arrested Development” on IFC, this Saturday, May 25 beginning at 6 am, ET.

Hours before Netflix exclusively releases the much-awaited new episodes of the critically acclaimed yet long-mothballed series at midnight, IFC will begin running all 53 episodes from Seasons 1, 2 and 3 back-to-back, giving diehard fans and neophytes alike a chance to immerse themselves in the dysfunctional lives of the Bluth family. For 26½ hours lovers of great television comedy won’t need to change the channel or move from their seats, except for the growl of their stomachs or the call of nature.

Executive produced and narrated by Ron Howard, “Arrested Development” became a cult favorite and earned six Emmy Awards airing on Fox from 2003-06.

“We know fans were crushed when this show was canceled years ago. Here is a chance to revel in all that was ‘Arrested Development’ before new episodes become available online,” stated George Phillips, IFC’s vice president of scheduling and operations. “This is also a great opportunity for those who never discovered the show to do so, with the marathon format giving them the ultimate indulgence in one of the best modern comedies ever made.”

Hindle

Banned
Have they confirmed the order the episodes need to be watched in yet? I can't wait to see how they do this, it could raise the bar for TV.

Miguel

Sad that I never caught on after those first 5-10 episodes until 1/3 of the way through season 2. It was difficult to keep up without DVR and Fox moving them around all the time. it became appointment TV after I caught up competely though.

Is there a chance Portia looks so... stretched in the new episodes because its something to do with a storyline? She looks fine in real life but weird in the clips so far.

Miguel

When it came time to sew together a trailer, he became so paranoid about giving away story information and spoiling things for fans that he wound up cutting out all the jokes. “I remember I kept asking my friend in post-production, ‘Is this too obvious? Are people going to get ahead of us?’ And he’d say, ‘Mitch, nobody is gonna understand a word of this.’ I mean, I’m glad I pulled all the stuff out, but as a result it wasn’t very funny.”

Whew...

feel

Have they confirmed the order the episodes need to be watched in yet? I can't wait to see how they do this, it could raise the bar for TV.
I don't care what anyone else says, starting on the 9th episode and going backwards skipping every other episode till you watch the first one, and then watching from episode 10 onwards till the end and then going back for the ones you missed is the superior way.

Yup, from Mitch himself:

Though parts of Season 4 will be told out of chronological order, Hurwitz, Tambor and Walter say fans must watch the 15 episodes through in the order they're provided on a first viewing. After that they can go back and see what they missed, but Hurwitz doesn't want people to get confused by watching the episodes out of order initially.

TUSR

Banned
I was asking for that lol. But apparently the Eps aren't listed as 1 to 15. They have the characters names as the titles. Iwas just wondering if we had any more details on it.

They will be listed in Chronological order on Netflix.

1. Michael 1
2. Michael 2
etc etc.

- NY Times: Bananas, Anyone? The Bluths Are Back
- NY Times: David Cross on the Return of ‘Arrested Development’
- NY Mag: Express Yourself With Our Custom Arrested Development Emoji Set
- NY Mag: Watch a Supercut of the Best Musical Moments From Arrested Development
- IndieWire: The 5 Best Episodes Of 'Arrested Development' From The First 3 Seasons
- EW.com: Jason Bateman and Will Arnett Start Fight at Premiere—Watch Now (video)

This video in the related section of the Ann video is great too..

All the Chicken Dances
We've come full circle here. :lol

Seriously! Cornballer feel free to do your trademark media/content round-up if you like, i'd be honored to put it in the OP.
If I have some time later today or tomorrow, I'll try and cook something up.

Iceman

No Pier Pressure?

You would like that episode, you pot head. (also loved it.)

Using that article as a guide, Amigos and Good Grief would be my favorite episode.

The Rita arc is up there as well. Afternoon Delight and Top Banana (oh most definitely) would round out the top four. The rest of seasons 1 and 2 would be number 5.

TUSR

Banned
You would like that episode, you pot head. (also loved it.)

Using that article as a guide, Amigos and Good Grief would be my favorite episode.

The Rita arc is up there as well. Afternoon Delight and Top Banana (oh most definitely) would round out the top four. The rest of seasons 1 and 2 would be number 5.

It's cold out here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom