• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrested Development |OT| Season 4 - May 26 - Netflix Unmakes A Huge Mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.

soco

I'm on episode 11. Do they finally explain
Lucille's prison number? Every time i see it i smile and assume it's foreshadowing

strobogo

Banned
I would agree that Young George/Lucille were certainly the lowest points of the season. George especially because Seth Rogan didn't capture the feel of George at all. He was just being himself. I thought Wiig was fine and I'm not even really a fan of hers, but I still didn't really like them and I don't feel they added anything to any of the episodes they were in.

fleck0

Finished em all, agree with the consensus that one shouldn't judge until after watching ep 5

Best line - "
TAKE TO THE SEA!
"

Do people seriously not like DeBris? I thought she was great.

For some reason, the image of her in the Fantastic 4 suit piling into Mark Cherry's limo with a bunch of groupies was hysterically funny.

strobogo

Banned
It's a Bob Loblaw Law Bomb! I wonder how many takes it took to get that right. I also wonder how many takes went into Gob and Tony Wonder drinking water. Also, I lol'd at Siri saying gob, like gobstopper. I don't know why, but I thought it was great.

Lijik

I just realized that episode 1 starts with a Grinch reference and that Jeffrey Tambor was in the Grinch movie. Hhm.
Guess who the director was

Edit- after reflecting for a day the line that stands out to me the most is "Its forty for the flip and forty for the flop, and theres a forty flat fee. So its a flat forty forty forty flip flop with a flat."

iammeiam

Kristin Wiig was good, Rogen not so much, could only see him as Rogen. Should have just went with Tambour wearing a wig again, it worked well in the past.

At first I thought it was pretty weird that they decided to cast the young versions, then realized it was probably a decision to allow them to film the flashbacks without eating into their limited Tambor and Walter together filming time.

Really would like a behind-the-scenes documentary explaining all the arranging and limitations behind the season.

I'm done, and I really liked it. I wasn't head-over-heels crazy about it, but honestly, I wasn't totally in love with Season 2 the first time through, and now I think it's easily the best of the three original seasons. AD always takes a while to sink in and fully appreciate. I'll probably wait a week and then slowly start a second viewing.

strobogo

Banned
I think Gob deserves a spin off. Will Arnett basically has played Gob on every show he's guested on since, but I would love a full on Gob spin off. Forever.

Recon

Banned
Do people seriously not like DeBris? I thought she was great.

For some reason, the image of her in the Fantastic 4 suit piling into Mark Cherry's limo with a bunch of groupies was hysterically funny.

I never really liked Maria Bamford, and I flat out hated her in this.

I never really liked Maria Bamford, and I flat out hated her in this.

I just read a review that said she was the highlight of the season and stole the show....

Ah, here it is http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20703842,00.html
DeBrie is played by Maria Bamford, probably best known as the slightly hysterical suburban woman from Target holiday ads and as one of Louis C.K.'s odd girlfriends on Louie. She all but steals this new season. Collapsing into a pile of trash, panicking from a nose bleed or ramming globs of butter into her mouth, she's pathetically sad yet sharply funny.
At the very least, from now on Arrested Development must include Maria Bamford.

such a stark contrast to the general opinion I've seen here and elsewhere.

Akahige

"George Maharis Arrested in Men's Room", Gay Scene, December 1974: "Famous Hollywood actor George Maharis was arrested November 21 and charged with committing a sex act with a hairdresser in the men's room of a gas station in Los Angeles... He was booked on a sex perversion charge along with Perfecto Telles, 33, the hairdresser, and released on $500 bail, according to police." An earlier guilty plea for a Hollywood lewd conduct arrest on 15 December 1967 with a male is also documented.
lol that is one obscure joke

strobogo

Banned
I wouldn't say she stole the show, but she was pretty great in her role. It's pretty hard to steal the show from Gob and Tobias, but Maeby certainly leveled up.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Young Lucille and George are really, really terrible. Young Michael is even worse. What the hell happened?
Yeah, they were pretty bad. Young Lucille tried, but young George didn't really seem anything like old George.
100% agreed. Considering they used the same actors when the Bluth boys were children, they should have for when George Michael was a baby.
Seth Rogan is incapable of playing anyone other than Seth Rogan.
The least "Seth Rogan' I've ever seen him was in 50/50 and he still plays a 'funny guy'.

Andy Rhicter is easily the best thing of season 4.
He's been amazing
beard: "hey there's a raccoon on the back porch"
tobias: "bullshit!"

the way he says this was fucking hilarious, i loved the entrap a local predator part.

Haha that entire house scene was gold.

--------------------------

Just finished ep 11:
WHAT
THE
FUCK

Speaking of GOB episodes, "Hello darkness my old friend" might be my favorite new recurring gag/joke of the season. Something about it is just perfect for that character.

Metaphoreus

This is semantics, and nothing more
Guess who the director was

Edit- after reflecting for a day the line that stands out to me the most is "Its forty for the flip and forty for the flop, and theres a forty flat fee. So its a flat forty forty forty flip flop with a flat."

It's not "flat." He says that there's another forty because the flip-flop will cause a "flap." But yeah, it was a funny line.

Recon

Banned
I just read a review that said she was the highlight of the season and stole the show....

Ah, here it is http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20703842,00.html

such a stark contrast to the general opinion I've seen here and elsewhere.

I just found her scenes to be cringe worthy, and not funny at all. I did love Tobias' interactions with her, he was great.

Also, if anybody stole the show, it was Andy Richter, he was great.

I'm biased, but I liked Debris (DeBris? DeBrie?) a lot in Tobias' first episode. Particularly as a counterpart to Tobias. She wasn't utilized as well in Tobias' second episode, but the episode wasn't as good as episode 5 anyways.

Just finished the whole set, movie inbound! So many stories to tie up.
I'm really impressed at how they had jokes runnning for so long and finished multiple episodes later. Can't believe the amount of return characters from the series. Absolutely loved it, and i'm certain there are tons of jokes that i've missed and will come out upon a re-watch. As with the past seasons, i think it will just get even better on re-watch.
Oh and man, at that end - they really need to sort their relationship out.

ezekial45

Banned
Seems like a silly question, but do they have plans for another season? I know it just came out yesterday, but I can't get enough of it. This was a great season, and I think they can really nail it for the next one.

I just found her scenes to be cringe worthy, and not funny at all. I did love Tobias' interactions with her, he was great.

Also, if anybody stole the show, it was Andy Richter, he was great.

I'll say that I primarily liked DeBris for the visual gags associated with her character, like the one I described above with her getting into the limo in her Fantastic 4 suit.

Bamford's performance wasn't anything to write home about.

strobogo

Banned
He's been amazing

Haha that entire house scene was gold.

--------------------------

Just finished ep 11:
WHAT
THE
FUCK

Speaking of GOB episodes, "Hello darkness my old friend" might be my favorite new recurring gag/joke of the season. Something about it is just perfect for that character.

Yes. And the Mongol having the same reaction at the lack of money was great. As was "How many?" "A horde. They only come in hordes."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom