• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrested Development |OT| Season 4 - May 26 - Netflix Unmakes A Huge Mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
For people complaining about the giant "HER" in the church during the wedding.

It stands for The Church of Holy Eternal Rapture.

... so it's actually CHER. I was SO hoping for Cher to appear and have some interaction with Tobias :( hopefully next time

oatmeal

Banned
... so it's actually CHER. I was SO hoping for Cher to appear and have some interaction with Tobias :( hopefully next time

Not sure why there was a question mark, though.

But at least it wasn't just them being like "OH THIS WILL BE FUNNY THE CHURCH WILL PUT UP A HUGE SIGN TO MAKE THE VIEWER LAUGH"...

saunderez

He kind of always has been. Wasn't that the joke of the first three seasons? He was so narsassistic and he never listened to GM? He only hears what he wants to hear and always thinks he's the good guy.

Yeah that's how I've seen him the entire time. He's a douche. He tries to do well most of the time but at the end of the day he's a douche.

IsayFever

So watched the whole new season, and just didn't enjoy it at all. Didn't laugh, didn't even chuckle. It's become so self aware and tryhard that it makes it hard to watch

Vega

5 episodes in and I'm feeling a little disappointed. Long stretches where I'm not laughing at all. Going to keep plugging along though.

Mudkips

Banned
Not going to lie. I liked it! Won't bother comparing it to the earlier seasons because it didn't really work like that for me. I will definitely be re-watching it. We need to know who sabotaged GOB.

My bet is on Mrs Veal.

It was Ann herself. That's why she's so confident about Gob not coming back.

Like House of Cards, I'm assuming this will be eligible for the Emmys in the fall?

God, I'd love to see this retake Best Comedy after a decade off the throne.

Yeah I think the cutoff this year is May 31st, so it should be eligible this year.

I'm enjoying this a lot (3 more episodes to go), if the incredible final season of 30 Rock doesn't win best comedy (it won't) I'm going to riot.

I wondering how they'll do acting noms, probably supporting for all the cast members. Arnett for all the awards obviously, also some serious potential for guest starring Emmy noms (I've said this a hundred times, but Richter has been amazing).

--------------------

Episode 12 was awesome, Maeby is great.
-"...and now my cousin doesn't care I'm at my height of sexuality" lol I died
-
Maeby as the shaman in India, holy shit!
-Tobias
getting a callback for The Big Bang Theory
was great
-Maeby's speech for her award. "Go fuck yourself!"

I definitely felt this season was incredibly cerebral and clever, even compared to previous seasons of AD. It really showed they adjusted to the new format, which led to jokes and stories being intertwined more. This however led to there being clutter and a lack of true story progression.

I had a really hard time keeping up with the story with all the jumping back and forth and its potent script.

I just can't shake the feeling though that they didn't have the resources to film everyone at the same time, so they split everything into a hundred other stories with other characters. It's not bad for the scripts' sake, but the reusing of sets throughout several time-periods and different perspectives, just becomes a bit too much at times.

I actually went in with no expectations, but was pleasantly surprised at the general quality of writing. Pretty dark at times, and characters acting outside of their expected range was pretty unexpectedly fun.

oatmeal

Banned
Is it just me or does this season have too much Ron Howard Narration in it?

Watch season 3, it's almost unbearable.

Season 1 was perfect, 2 was getting a little much and 3 removed all subtlety. I wonder if that was part of the notes from FOX to make it easier to understand...because Ron is ALWAYS talking.

Whenever he starts a sentence with "Because you see..." you're in for some bullshit.

oatmeal

Banned
Such a fantastic joke...

piven.jpg

All the way to the zebra print.

how long before netflix posts any actual stats and/or info on how well this new season is performing?

Never. They don't do that.

They'll say it did well, and that's that.

Speaking of Michael. Making
George Michael tear up the check during his graduation party was fucked up.
This was funny though. The way George Michael slowly tore it up reminded me of the Pier Pressure episode where Michael tells George Michael to close his textbook and stop studying and George Michael slowly closes the book but leaves his finger in one of the pages lol

Just reminded me of that.

Watch season 3, it's almost unbearable.

Season 1 was perfect, 2 was getting a little much and 3 removed all subtlety. I wonder if that was part of the notes from FOX to make it easier to understand...because Ron is ALWAYS talking.

Whenever he starts a sentence with "Because you see..." you're in for some bullshit.

Honestly, I didn't mind the change in narration over the course of the series.

The narrator is as much a character as anyone else, and as time wears on, he begins to lose his marbles. He becomes increasingly repulsed by what he's seeing and struggles to bite his tongue.

how long before netflix posts any actual stats and/or info on how well this new season is performing?

Surely in the next few weeks it'll be leaked in various entertainment outlets about how Netflix execs "feel" about their investment (remember, this is a public company $NFLX), how much pub the cast continues to get, how much talk there is about Season 5/movie, etc.

oatmeal

Banned
I love how the 'ostrich' yell is the same when Maeby is in the model home and with the ostrich in the Master bedroom when Lindsay and Marky go to the penthouse.

Weenerz

Banned
What a terrible fucking ending to a mediocre at best season. God this was shit. Forgettable garbage. Season 1-3 was sullied.

Just finished episode one....not liking the new format.

It takes a little while to adjust, but even then it can be jarring. Keep in mind that although Arrested Development is back, it's very much a different beast but at the same time it remains Arrested Development.

Hopefully you'll enjoy it as much as I did.

Robot Pants

Is there some sort of symbolism regarding the ostrich? I mean there are references to it inside the show (michaels google car, etc) but is there some other reason?

oatmeal

Banned
Lucille gives the cake to Lindsay and says "it's from a dear Hispanic voter and I'll never get into the bay in one piece..."

CHECK THE BAY FOR LUCILLE 2!!!!

Fusebox

Banned
Quick question, where did the body go?

I haven't rewatched the episode yet, but it seems Buster saw the body, the lights flickered then the body was gone.

One of Gobs illusions?

Robot Pants

Quick question, where did the body go?

I haven't rewatched the episode yet, but it seems Buster saw the body, the lights flickered then the body was gone.

One of Gobs illusions?

No I think GOB was with a certain someone at the model home during Cuatro.

It seems like Michael did it. But there's probably a twist that none of us will see coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom