• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrested Development |OT| Season 4 - May 26 - Netflix Unmakes A Huge Mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Socreges

Banned
:lol awesome.

Now I want him guest starring. It would be brilliant.

Haha, pretty cool. I'd never know that since I don't watch both shows. :p

But yes, imagine Tobias interacting with Sheldon. It would be sooo good.
If it's somehow used to mock TBBT, maybe having Tobias messing up the 'laugh track pause' by waiting too long and looking around, I'd love that. Otherwise I don't want him tainted.

kai3345

Banned
Just finished it. Goddamn that was incredible to watch unfold.

I thought the final scene in particular was an excellent way to end the season.

oatmeal

Banned
On my third watch with the family. Watched 1-5 so far.

One thing I noticed is in the opening of Entrap A Predator, there's a still of one of the guys that lives in SUDDEN VALLEY.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Terry Crews doesn't get enough love (lol) in this thread. He was awesome in every scene. The great American scallop! The great American ocean! Red snapper! High-Low. That is one redhead I do not want to have sexual relations with!

Ha! I see what you did there. And yeah I agree, he was great, as somebody else said its probably more telling that nobody's complained about him.

I thought that character was funny but when I realized it was Terry Crews = so much better. He's a funny ass dude!

Loved that speech about the joke ....I forgot the joke.

dadmichaelepudd.png

Lijik

I'm mid-way through my second rewatch and it's so much better. (And I loved it the first time.) I really hope everyone - especially critics - gives it a second watch.

My suggestion for a rewatch is to watch the full character arcs one at a time. Pick a character, watch their episode(s), and then move to the next character. It works extremely well this way.

Well I know what Im doing for my third rewatch

Rewatching tobias 2. tobias asks Argylehow much a broadway production would cost.

Argly says it would cost 700,000$. which is why he threatens Michael at the resturant.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
I can't wait to wrap my mind around the ostriches. Any word on a bluray? I need to own this (And the other seasons)

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
Portia looked hot in the earlier seasons. In the pilot she is banging. She definitely had work down and it makes me wish I had face blindness.

I really don't think face blindness works the way they portrayed it in the show. Goin off memory here, but there was a Radiolab episode about face blindness and it was more of a recognition thing. You'd still be able to see the features of a face, just unable to piece together who it was you were talking to.

Small complaint, loved the season :p

Finished season 4 earlier this week, I thought it was amazing, just incredible.

The logistics of figuring out the story must have been a pain in the ass.

One of my favorite parts though had to be, Embryo Dan It would have been a wonderful life haha.

TheExodu5

Banned
My favorite scene of the whole season is probably Tobias on To Entrap a Local Predator.

"Is there a little girl here all by herself?"
"Daddy needs to get his rocks off."
"I'm here to see my little girl. I wanted to show her daddy's Thing."
"[Oh so it's your daughter you're here to see?] Yes......Maeby."
"I want to...nineteen?... But I like to think of her as fifteen."

SuluDance

Banned
My favorite scene of the whole season is probably Tobias on To Entrap a Local Predator.

Absolutely the best scene out of the first six I've seen. So funny. I don't know though why that show was waiting for him though-does that setup come later?

Yeah that was the first episode that gave me faith the rest of the season would be quality.

I also liked this exchange.
"Hey, guess what? There's a raccoon out on the patio."
"Bullshit!"

That and John Beard telling the guy applying makeup to him, "I'm a man, don't make it look like makeup."

I think the raccoon bullshit line is probably the most applauded in this thread. No one talks about "hey officers are you here for the rac---.." that one got me more than the bullshit line.

addik

I was rewatching the second episode and noticed one of the choices in George's pastor test.

What is Science?
"A gob of spit in the eye of God"

I wonder if Gob said a similar line or someone said that to him.

legend166

Just finished it. I sorta lost track of what episode I was up to and after the end I was surprised. They left a lot of stuff hanging.

Overall it was okay I guess. I appreciated how everything was knitted together and understand how it will probably be better on a re-watch, but I honestly just don't think it was as funny as the original run. I think people in this thread are actually underestimating just how funny the original seasons were on first watch. Sure you had to rewatch to get all the subtle jokes and references, but for me at least that wasn't what made the show great to begin with. It was the hilarious, fantastic comedy writing. I just don't think this season had that to anywhere near the same level.

I liked the few Modern Family references, like the script for "21st Century Family" in the Imagine offices and Gob and Michael asking if each other were going out with Julie Bowen. I think there were a few more as well.

Tony Wonder's place too.

Also, so many good songs from this season. We got a better version of Mark Cherry's "Getaway" Now I want a better version of "Fantastic Four!" it's so good. haha.

Ive been doing 1-3 eps a day the last few days on the second run through, up to maeby now. I agree its definitely better upon repeat viewings, especially the first few episodes. I think it was just a lot to process, feeling like "fuck im actually watching new arrested development" to starting at the present and then filling in holes. The timeline did not help those first few episodes, but after you know the story its so much more enjoyable. The geroge Sr ep is among my favorites now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom