• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
man that whole hawkgirl/hawkman mess was wack, i am not looking forward to their scenes in the spinoff. felt like i was watching the mummy 2 all over again except without anybody remotely as godly as rachel weisz.

oliver scenes involving his son were pretty damn good though. i'm liking this development.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Seriously. Can they just kill Felicity? The battered wife syndrome schtick has dragged on for so fucking long.

Season 1 of Arrow? Malcolms fault
Season 2 of Arrow? Malcolm(for sinking the Queens Gambit, and Ollie being on the island created Deathstroke)
Season 3 of Arrow? Malcolm
Legends of Tomorrow? Malcolm

over half of the Arrowverse conflict is direct result of Malcolm being an evil mother fucker
Can't wait to find out that Malcom is actually Zoom
U0x3th3.gif

The only multi-episode villain who wasn't Malcolm's fault was Brick, and he created Malcolm.

Mariolee

I really liked the more Flash parts of the episode, but having not watched Arrow outside of the first few episodes of Season 1 and the last Flash crossover...is Arrow relationship stuff always this bad? I mean, it brought the show immensely down when it occured and felt so out of place. At least with yesterday's episode all of the STAR Labs stuff felt natural and didn't really affect the main storyline too much, but man. This was just eh.

Overall, the action in this episode was better since it was the climax but the B-Plot was really bad. :(

Khezu

Felicity is a necessary evil.
Without her we would have even worse Ollie relationship drama.

It would be a really lame twist if the grave is for Ollies baby mama though.
Nobody gives a shit if she lives or dies.
Killing off his son would be too much for a CW show. Well I think anyway, I don't watch any of the vampire shows, maybe crazier shit happens in them.

The logic in the relationship shit flat out makes zero sense unless Felicity is really, really horrible person. I'm pretty sure she'd be quite understanding and sympathetic given the shit Moira did. Samantha had zero grounds to make any sort of demands and it makes less sense that Oliver would agree to it or at the very least keep it from the people he's close to. Them creating some CW conflict/drama largely ruined the episode for me.

They took something that got some people hyped for two years and shit all over it.

I can buy their souls finding one another in a new lifetime... But why do they look literally the same in each lifetime?

Also, love that revolving door callout.

jb1234

I really liked the more Flash parts of the episode, but having not watched Arrow outside of the first few episodes of Season 1 and the last Flash crossover...is Arrow relationship stuff always this bad?

It can be. Actually, it can be much worse (much of season 3). They've actually shown a shocking amount of restraint in this "Oliver has a son" plot, aside from the unfortunate decision to pursue it to begin with.

(That doesn't save the Samantha character from behaving completely unreasonably, seemingly only because the writers wanted more Olicity drama.)

Poyunch

Maybe it's because I don't watch Arrow but I'm surprised at the people who are okay with Ollie not telling Felicity. Like the only difference between timeline 1 and timeline 2 is he wasn't caught this time. Is that somehow better for Arrow?

Eugh, Felicity violating Oliver's secret about his kid is really fucking uncool.

He specifically told her he'd tell her when he figured it out.

Seriously, this drama is fucking bullshit. Fuck off, Felicity. That is such garbage.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
The Egypt parts were SUPER cheesy. Only so much you can do on CW budget, but I had to chuckle at the entire Hawkman & Hawkgirl plot.

Overall, I thought Part 1 was stronger but it was a much better crossover than last year, and two fun episodes of Flash and Arrow.

I would love it if we got another crossover this year, that wasn't held up by having to setup Legends of Tomorrow.

I was a little disappointed that Dhark didn't show up again. He was fun in the first part. I wonder if they're going to deal with him in the next episode.

I can buy their souls finding one another in a new lifetime... But why do they look literally the same in each lifetime?

Also, love that revolving door callout.

I'm assuming that's just us seeing things through the filter of Kendra's perception. She sees them the same across lifetimes, even if they don't actually look the same.

jb1234

Malcolm has long outlived his usefulness on the show but I admit that I always grin a little when John Barrowman shows up and chews the scenery.

Lol the Greek spoken in this episode was fine by hawk man, but what in the heck did hawk girl say? Maybe it's another language and I misheard

Edit: they just Google translated it I just looked it up haha A for effort

He said he would tell her when back, instead she stalked him and nosed her way into the situation and made Barry give up the goods, then she ambushes Ollie as soon as he is back and unleashes on him when he has only just found out he has a son. Like Ollie said, he needed time to process.

He could have process all he want , it was him lying that was the problem .
Just tell her and say you need some time, processing does not equal lying
And after all of that even after time get rest he still do it again .
Making have us to go over this nonsense again fuck these CW writers .

EDIT having barry doing the DNA test which is stuff that she would normal do .
Shows he was willing to keep it secret for no reason and this is the woman he living\wants to marry lol.

I've been sceptical about Legends of Tomorrow but this two-parter is giving be a better feeling. Vandal Savage is pretty intimidating as a villain and Hawkduo is working better then I expected.

Apparently Stephanie Corneliussen, the creepy woman from Mr. Robot will be Valentina Vostok which means both villains come from Copenhagen. Hannibal was also born there, it's a supervillain hotspot.

wildfire

Banned
The logic in the relationship shit flat out makes zero sense unless Felicity is really, really horrible person. I'm pretty sure she'd be quite understanding and sympathetic given the shit Moira did. Samantha had zero grounds to make any sort of demands and it makes less sense that Oliver would agree to it or at the very least keep it from the people he's close to. Them creating some CW conflict/drama largely ruined the episode for me.

This is why Felicty definitely isn't going to be the one who dies. CW shows have a lot of love triangles and there is no reason to end one between Olliticty and Ollie's baby mama. This will play out through season 5.

I thought the relationship stuff would have corrected itself at the end of the episode, but Oliver didn't learn a fucking thing. What the hell.

KevinCow

Banned
I don't understand why communication is so hard for these characters. When Felicity was bitching at Oliver for not telling her about his son in the first timeline, it would've been so easy for Ollie to fix. He could've just told the truth and said, "I didn't want to tell you until I was sure. That's why I went to Barry to do the test first. And then after I found out that the kid is my son, his mom told me that if I told anyone, even you, I wouldn't be allowed to see him again."

And even in the current timeline, when Felicity inevitably finds out about the kid, I just know Ollie's not going to tell her the, "His mom told me that if I told anyone, even you, I wouldn't be allowed to see him again," part.

But I guess that wouldn't create drama.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom