• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildfire

Banned
Barrowman needs to be the Thanos of DC. Every DC Movie should end with Barrowman doing the Thanos thing.

Merlyn can't be Thanos. He actually gets shit done and does a lot of the work himself instead of having a constant string of failures and always relying on subpar conscripts to do all the work for him.

Fucking Malcolm somehow had the number of the Flash AND HIS FUCKING IDENTITY AGAIN??

Wasn't his identity outed when Flash appeared in Arrow at end of last season, to save everyone from the League hideout.

I think they even made a joke with Malcom being a supervillain and all.

Maybe it's because I don't watch Arrow but I'm surprised at the people who are okay with Ollie not telling Felicity. Like the only difference between timeline 1 and timeline 2 is he wasn't caught this time. Is that somehow better for Arrow?

He wasn't caught the first time, instead of waiting like he asked she stalked him, forced the test from Barry and proceeded to ambush Ollie the very moment he was back...in fact before he even entered the house.

He didn't even have a chance to hide it. Mad stalker woman.

Chariot

Merlyn can't be Thanos. He actually gets shit done and does a lot of the work himself instead of having a constant string of failures and always relying on subpar conscripts to do all the work for him.
TV and Movie in DC aren't connected. He could be anything. Including just Barrowman.

He wasn't caught the first time, instead of waiting like he asked she stalked him, forced the test from Barry and proceeded to ambush Ollie the very moment he was back...in fact before he even entered the house.

He didn't even have a chance to hide it. Mad stalker woman.

Not the sort of conversation you want to have in a house full of people lol.
Still this piece of writing made oliver so stupid i can't believe it and they made him do it twice .
There is no reason to keep it a secret or lie about it other than for drama which make oliver character look even more stupid .

M2xJfJv.png

B0LWp00.gif

Just say that barry kill him .
If i remember he kill the sand guy early on in the season .
Still that tweet makes no sense without proper context .

What is he going to do, snort him?

He's going to put the ashes in a weed plant and smoke him.

Vandal Savage will appear when he's high to give him all the answers to be a better Barrowman!

I would watch the Arrowverse equivalent of How High where Barrowman & M. Bison smoke weed and have wacky misadventures of them good ole boys being good ole bad guys.

I also don't know what's more better. Lil Flip's Flips or Barrowman Outta Nowhere?

Hype crossover on both ends.

Let's see what LoT can do with what has been built here.

Joni

I liked the diversity in the flashbacks. Just throw them all in there.

It is nice they finished up Savage in these episodes, it is not an open end until next month.

Arrow was definitely stronger than The Flash. But just like how The Flash could have been more focused without the Caitlin/Harry/Jay storyline (it was fine, just move it to another episode), last night's episode might have been better without the Oliver and his son stuff. Seeing whatsherface with a 9 year old at the end of The Flash was fine, but that's definitely a plotline that could have been picked up in a standard episode of Arrow. Removing both of those sub-plots could have left more room for developing Hawkman a little more and maybe giving Laurel/Thea/Diggle something more to do rather than just be there in the background.

Also, I have no problem with Oliver killing a 4000 year old Egyptian who is hellbent on killing two new friends of his, and could very well destroy entire cities.

Not feeling the return to Olicity drama, it's always written so terribly.

Malcolm Merlyn is to Arrow as Alex Krycek is to X-Files. Love it.

Ithil

Not feeling the change to Vandal Savage being an Egyptian instead of a caveman. I get why, but I just like his origin as an early human and how he's seen basically the entirety of human history before him.

Makonero

Not feeling the change to Vandal Savage being an Egyptian instead of a caveman. I get why, but I just like his origin as an early human and how he's seen basically the entirety of human history before him.

It might turn out that Carter is wrong, and that Vandal is actually older than that. Vandal has allied himself with many famous leaders throughout history, so maybe that was just one stop along the way.

And maybe there was another couple before them that he killed on a regular basis. You never know!

Joni

It might turn out that Carter is wrong, and that Vandal is actually older than that. Vandal has allied himself with many famous leaders throughout history, so maybe that was just one stop along the way.

And maybe there was another couple before them that he killed on a regular basis. You never know!
Which could maybe help explain how he is revived.

Klyka

Banned
Was I the only one who actually laughed out loud at someone mentioning how Vandal was immortal and Laurel going "Wait,WHAT?"

This version of Vandal Savage was crap.

Disappointing.

Also, anything post-season 3 related to Malcolm's villainy is 100% Oliver's fault. He not only failed to bring him to justice for the crimes he committed against the city he swore to protect, he also gave him control over the league of assassins. So now he's got a whole host of killers to do his bidding.

Good job Oliver.

I was actually amused by Egyptian Rasputin, but he lacked the menacing and intelligent part of Savage.

I didn't mind him being an Egyptian priest but the idea of his origin being tied to them was kinda lame. He also seemed to operate entirely by himself, which goes against the master manipulator working 100 steps ahead kind of thing I know the character for.

Chariot

I didn't mind him being an Egyptian priest but the idea of his origin being tied to them was kinda lame. He also seemed to operate entirely by himself, which goes against the master manipulator working 100 steps ahead kind of thing I know the character for.
There is still hope. They didn't say that he was born there. Just that he was at the time a priest with a staff. He could easily just slipped into that role at that time. But yeah, but running around alone was weird.

The Arrow episode of the crossover was so much better than the Flash one. The episode today gave me Terminator 2 nuclear blast vibe. So cool. I really hope that William plays a big roll in the show now. I want to see how Ollie´s relationship develops with him. I really liked Ollie acting like a father.

Frog-fu

Banned
Felicity doesn't act like a real person. She's just so shortsighted and jumps into instant drama mode because CW.

Nah, she may be annoying, but her behaviour is realistic, just not the kind any sane man would find desirable. She is the quintessential overbearing girlfriend that needs you to revolve your life around her.

Ollie had the restraint of a saint when she just ambushed him outside of the house.

Also, Barry is a complete pussy. No concept of the bro code whatsoever. When your boy is dealing with something that heavy, you have his fucking back and put your foot down, damn it.

Nah, she may be annoying, but her behaviour is realistic, just not the kind any sane man would find desirable. She is the quintessential overbearing girlfriend that needs you to revolve your life around her.

Ollie had the restraint of a saint when she just ambushed him outside of the house.

Also, Barry is a complete pussy. No concept of the bro code whatsoever. When your boy is dealing with something that heavy, you have his fucking back and put your foot down, damn it.

No sane women would put up with oliver and his lying ass.
Also when she ambushed him in front the house oliver did what normal people would not do .
Tell a stupid lie \want to keep a secret for no reason which he knows always come back to bite you .

True, but she is very selfish and makes everything to be about her. She is very self centered. Most likely it´s shitty writing because Felicity for the last 2 season she has been mediocre to bad. My favorite episode of her was when she was kidnapped by her hacker ex. It showed how much she has grown and how her relationship with her mother has evolved.

Frog-fu

Banned
No sane women would put up with oliver and his lying ass.
Also when she ambushed him in front the house oliver did what normal people would not do .
Tell a stupid lie \want to keep a secret for no reason which he knows always come back to bite you .

Are you kidding me, bruh? It's Felicity that's been persuing Oliver from the jump. It's the only reason we have this shitty pairing dominating the course of the show in the first place.

More to the point, when Oliver lies, it's to protect people or for the greater good. He may not always be right, but he has too much shit on plate for juvenility, so when he lies, he has a good reason to do it.

Oliver had JUST find out he had kid he didn't know about and needed time to process it. Felicity had no business or right to ambush him like that as if he owed her an immediate explanation.

I don't know about you, but when I'm confronted for the truth after having just had a life changing revelation dropped on me, I'mma lie about it until I can process it and feel comfortable talking about it.

I sure as fuck aren't going to kowtow to some overbearing chick with a penchant of second guessing me and that needs total transparency 100% of the time in order to trust me. Fuck. That.

True, but she is very selfish and makes everything to be about her. She is very self centered. Most likely it´s shitty writing because Felicity for the last 2 season she has been mediocre to bad. My favorite episode of her was when she was kidnapped by her hacker ex. It showed how much she has grown and how her relationship with her mother has evolved.

Felicity is no more selfish than anyone else one arrow .
If it's one thing about arrow cast is that everyone is selfish and also a hypocrite to a degree lol.

Joni

Like by somehow being able to comes back from the dead and wreaking havoc through time?

Kibbles

It bothers me that they worry so much about Thea but just let Sarah and her bloodlust just go run off by herself with no care in the world >_>

Are you kidding me, bruh? It's Felicity that's been persuing Oliver from the jump. It's the only reason we have this shitty pairing dominating the course of the show in the first place.

More to the point, when Oliver lies, it's usually protect people or for the greater good. He may not always be right, but he has too much shit on plate for juvenility, so when he lies, he has a reason to do it.

Oliver had JUST find out he had kid he didn't know about and needed time to process it. Felicity had no business or right to ambush him like that as if he owed her an immediate explanation.

I don't know about you, but when I'm confronted for the truth after having just had a life changing revelation dropped on me, I'mma lie about it until I can process it and feel comfortable talking about it.

I sure as fuck aren't going to kowtow to some overbearing chick with a penchant of second guessing me and that needs total transparency 100% of the time in order to trust me. Fuck. That.

This is the chick he is living with .
Also what reason is there to lie who does it help ?
What is the greater good here.
It's like you expect characters to forget all the shit oliver did to them in season 3 .
And he still end up needing there help to fix it and now we have barrowman ruling the LOA.

yes Felicity ambush him but she even give him a chance to explain him self .
It seem some people think processing equal lying .
In fact oliver keeping it a secret\lying after barry reset time shows you what type of person he is .

People hate on Laurel and Felicity for all sort of things but oliver is the king of stupid \selfishness on this show .
As for me when i am confronted with life changing event and people ask me about it i just say i don't want to talk about it .

Like by somehow being able to comes back from the dead and wreaking havoc through time?
For someone that has supposedly done so much he seemed to be awfully incompetent in these past episodes. He first hides on a ship to get to Central City (why?) and then proceeds to operate entirely on his own over something that is so important to him. He came across as opportunistic, which isn't something I'd expect from a character who is immortal.

Does anyone have a gif of Laurel jumping out of the van doing the Canary Cry during the battle at the end of last night's episode?

I think this is the nadir of her "power". It literally did nothing. I think she broke the thing, but doesn't know it. The rest of Team Arrow does, though, and they laugh about it behind her back.

It bothers me that they worry so much about Thea but just let Sarah and her bloodlust just go run off by herself with no care in the world >_>

Sara has already done the whole blood-thirsty, psycho killer thing. Her mortal soul is dogshit. Her killing a few dozen dudes don't matter. Team Arrow is sure she'll direct her blood hunger in a constructed and appropriate fashion. She can be trusted.

Thea is a pure and good hearted soul who's soul can still be saved. She's never been a psycho killer. She just has a serious drinking problem that causes her to slur her words. Plus, she's Ollie has seen her devolve into a filthy, junkie degenerate mess before. He must protect her from that fate. It would probably involve murder parties and nightly blood baths with lots of slurred words.

Frog-fu

Banned
This is the chick he is living with .
Also what reason is there to lie who does it help ?
What is the greater good here.
It's like you expect characters to forget all the shit oliver did to them in season 3 .
And he still end up needing there help to fix it and now we have barrowman ruling the LOA.

yes Felicity ambush him but she even give him a chance to explain him self .
It seem some people think processing equal lying .
In fact oliver keeping it a secret\lying after barry reset time shows you what type of person he is .

People hate on Laurel and Felicity for all sort of things but oliver is the king of stupid \selfishness on this show .

Being in a relationship doesn't preclude Oliver from the right to lie. He lied about William the first time because he has the right to some privacy and time to process something as huge as having a kid he didn't know about. The second time he lied it was because he made a promise in order to keep seeing his kid. He wasn't going to break that just hours after swearing to it.

Oliver is the leader of their group, it's his perogative to lie if that means taking down threats, and he succeeded in the end. But that's beside the point. The point is that he doesn't usually lie for selfish reason, so if Felicity - who should've have known what she signed up for - can't deal with the fact that he will occassionally lie, then she either needs to peace out or shut up.

Oh, how magnanimous of Felicity to give the guy a chance. Are you kidding me with this shit? Felicity ain't got right to know shit. She should trust Oliver will tell her when he is good and ready and that should be enough.

The only reason Oliver lied the second is because having a connection with his son is more important than Felicity. As it should be. I'm assuming he'll tell her eventually, but it'll have to be on his terms, when he is good and ready, not when Felicity tries to confront him with DNA results she shouldn't have in the first place.

I don't hate Laurel. I hate Felicity because she's written like a control freak and I hate the type.

Oliver has done stupid shit, but he isn't selfish.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Normally I don't care about the relationship 'drama' or 'Olicity' but the whole confrontation outside the house about Oliver's child really annoyed me, I was entirely sympathetic for Oliver. If this was a secret he'd been keeping for months, I'd understand, but he'd really just found out himself. A dude who fights crime and magical people on the nightly now knows he has a son and more to live for (not that he had nothing beforehand). That Felicity blew up at him felt really forced in my opinion.

But then he decides to not tell her in the new timeline so now I'm kinda ambivalent about the whole thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom