• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

That's the name of the article he linked to. The writer of said article took it from a line in the trailer.

edit: If you wanted to pull something that shows Guggenheim's Felicity love, you should have went with this:

LZQ4Rel.png

Joni

There's also Harley Quinn in Argus custody, which means that Batman has to have been in business long enough to catch the Joker, have him turn Harley and escape, then catch her.
That is very true. They are around somewhere. With me hoping their Gordon is more competent than the other cops and has figured out it is Bruce Wayne.

All it was were the writers breaking the fourth wall, giving a little *wink wink nudge nudge fuck you* to the fans
Exactly. I forgot the name of it but there is a term for that exact thing, where attention is drawn to a thing and acknowledged before being subsequently ignored.

The writers should try putting in the hours and creating their own mythos instead of just flipping to random pages in a Batman comic and pointing.

Exactly. I forgot the name of it but there is a term for that exact thing, where attention is drawn to a thing and acknowledged before being subsequently ignored.

The writers should try putting in the hours and creating their own mythos instead of just flipping to random pages in a Batman comic and pointing.

Lampshading.

Volimar

Well between that and LoT's Rip monologue about men of steel and dark knights I'm just going to pretend they're in. Batman wouldn't be too hard to ignore. He's in one city and for all anyone knows he's just an urban legend, but it's hard to get around no one mentioning Supes. But I'd rather they just hand wave them in rather than force an alternate reality explanation.

That's the one. I suspect the success of the Olicity pairing has made the Arrow's writers lazy to the point where they'll resort to such amateurish tricks.

Lampshading's really not what I'd call amateurish, it's sometimes necessary for suspension of disbelief. The one in the episode was a little clumsy, but still.

It's also more of a nod at the fourth wall and/or the fandom.

Well between that and LoT's Rip monologue about men of steel and dark knights I'm just going to pretend they're in. Batman wouldn't be too hard to ignore. He's in one city and for all anyone knows he's just an urban legend, but it's hard to get around no one mentioning Supes. But I'd rather they just hand wave them in rather than force an alternate reality explanation.

Maybe they're just not around yet?

Lampshading's really not what I'd call amateurish, it's sometimes necessary for suspension of disbelief. The one in the episode was a little clumsy, but still.

It's also more of a nod at the fourth wall.

Maybe they're just not around yet?
I personally do consider it amateurish as to me a sign of professional writing is to have the discipline in the creative process to avoid the kind of scenarios where such things are required.

As a viewer I do feel a little insulted by it too, because it is basically a "fuck you, we don't care" to the people who call them out for ripping off Batman.

Overwatch is totally not Oracle. Nope, no way. Except in every other way that isn't her name.

I think someone mentioned it in this thread but at least with Oracle it actually meant something. With Felicity she's doing the same exact thing she always did just in a wheelchair. What's the point?

We're not even getting any good character development from it either thanks to those ridiculous hallucinations. Even Oliver is upbeat about her prospects.

I personally do consider it amateurish as to me a sign of professional writing is to have the discipline in the creative process to avoid the kind of scenarios where such things are required.

As a viewer I do feel a little insulted by it too, because it is basically a "fuck you, we don't care" to the people who call them out for ripping off Batman.

Define required? Sometimes it's just the writers calling out some of their own tendencies, even if it's things the fans love.

Which, it's worth remembering, does cover Felicity and her shenanigans, from what I can tell. Most of the fandom does seem to like her even if she isn't terribly popular in this neck of the woods.

As for the latter thing, c'mon man.

Define required? Sometimes it's just the writers calling out some of their own tendencies, even if it's things the fans love.

It is basically them acknowledging that they do it but making it clear that they don't give a shit.

As a writer myself I find that kind of writing coming out of a professional environment to be insulting. I had the same reaction with "Star Trek Into Darkness". The ineptitude with the writing in that movie got my back up in the same way.

It is basically them acknowledging that they do it but making it clear that they don't give a shit.

As a writer myself I find that kind of writing coming out of a professional environment to be insulting. I had the same reaction with "Star Trek Into Darkness". The ineptitude with the writing in that movie got my back up in the same way.

Again, acknowledging that they do it does not imply or necessitate that it's something that can or should be changed. You can hang a lampshade on Batman being an inherently silly idea to some people without it being a problem.

Magwik

Banned

It would have been a very funny jest if they did't actually really want to turn her into Oracle

CloudWolf

:lol at the Diggle flashbacks being connected to the island. I'm willing to bet that next season will reveal that Felicity was also connected to the island.

Johndoey

Banned
Is this universe going with there only being one Lazarus pit instead like hundreds. I remember the Arkham games did the same thing always struck me as odd.

Diggle from the future of another dimension trapped in the phantomzone.
Turns out he was Black Adam the whole time.

How come Diggle's helmet never looks like it's on straight? I'm starting to think there's an optical illusion involved.
I can only assume that there isn't much padding on the helmet to keep it straight on, so if the actor turns his head it might budge a bit and with him needing to move fast in action scenes, it would come off as that. For everyone else, it's a domino mask, but for him, it is a chunky enough helmet.

ZeroX03

Banned
#2.14 "Code of Silence" Synopsis
SECRETS AND LIES — Oliver (Stephen Amell) and team uncover HIVE’s plan to take out Team Arrow once and for all. With HIVE’s next attack imminent, Lance (Paul Blackthorne) wonders if Donna (guest star Charlotte Ross) is safer without him in her life. Meanwhile, with the wedding fast approaching, Oliver begins to feel guilty that he hasn’t told Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) about his son. James Bamford directed the episode written by Wendy Mericle & Oscar Balderrama. Original airdate 2/17/16.

People are going to love this one...

Joni

That sounds like
Drama. Drama. Drama. Drama.
. Too bad, I'm more interested in something filler like at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom