• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Felicity getting up and walking out of the room had to be the most hilarious thing I've seen on television in the last two years. This show really hasn't recovered from Season 3 has it? xD

this scene mirrors wat viewers wanted to do while watching it.

You mean Laurel? I hope he gets with Laurel and then just end all the drama.

while felicity watches through a window and radioactive plays. pls

WedgeX

Banned
Malcolm is just too good at manipulating Thea. I hope she gets to meet Robert from Earth-2 at some point.

Was a huge fan of Laurel through the episode.

Felicity can leave. Bring on Moonday.

Being Ollie ain't easy.

Kyoufu

Malcolm is just too good at manipulating Thea. I hope she gets to meet Robert from Earth-2 at some point.

Was a huge fan of Laurel through the episode.

Felicity can leave. Bring on Moonday.

Being Ollie ain't easy.

I neeeeeed Arrow to cross into Earth-2. Please. PLEASE.

Come on writers. COME ON. Why does The Flash get to be fun but not Arrow? GIVE US EARTH-2! :(

Kyoufu

You know a superhero show has screwed up when the cliffhanger to a break is awful teenage levels of relationship drama.

Flash ends with Zoom's identity revealed.

Arrow ends with fucking Felicity drama.

And people say this season of Arrow is better than The Flash... :p

shingi70

Banned
I know you guys like to complain but as soon as you realize the Arrowverse js in the same league of entertainment as Power Rangers, Wrestling, and Soap Operas and make peace with it you'll enjoy it alot more.

Johndoey

Banned
I know you guys like to complain but as soon as you realize the Arrowverse js in the same league of entertainment as Power Rangers, Wrestling, and Soap Operas and make peace with it you'll enjoy it alot more.
Certain seasons of PW are way better than this show and just about all of them are more charming.

Neoxon

So yeah,
I guess Diggle isn't the one who's in the grave. He has to at least live long enough for his son (John Diggle Jr./Connor Hawke) to be born.

I still can't believe that ending happened. How could anyone think that was a good idea. If I was Felicity's actress I would not be able to keep a straight face. The scene just goes so clunky, it's not something where she discovers she can walk and has to stumble her way out of the apartment, having to hold onto the pillars. Oliver could have stood up to try and help her only for her to tell him she could do it herself, but he just sits there like an idiot and watches her leave with a practical strut.

ZeroX03

Banned
So yeah,
I guess Diggle isn't the one who's in the grave. He has to at least live long enough for his son (John Diggle Jr./Connor Hawke) to be born.

So we have to spoiler tag the ramifications of Legends on Arrow I guess? Stupid.
Nice to know Diggle survives. Technically he could still not but that'd be some time travel fuckery (ie Legends won't erase events in Arrow's immediate future), I think this is good enough as confirmation. GG Lance I guess

Platy

So we have to spoiler tag the ramifications of Legends on Arrow I guess? Stupid.
Nice to know Diggle survives. Technically he could still not but that'd be some fuckery, I think this is good enough as confirmation. GG Lance I guess

This week's Arrow episode totaly solified for me that it is Thea on that grave

I mean that "hating me alive than loving me dead" by malcom was basicaly a death sentence considering that he wants her to love him

ZeroX03

Banned
This week's Arrow episode totaly solified for me that it is Thea on that grave

I mean that "hating me alive than loving me dead" by malcom was basicaly a death sentence considering that he wants her to love him

Yeah my theory for a long time was Malcolm getting Thea killed, but I like to think there's more they can do with Thea.
Legends says Lance is dead, although he would be 84 by then anyway so it could be natural causes or a Darhk to the chest.

It's totally main cast though. Don't buy that it would be a minor character like Mama Smoak or Laurel.

Blader

I just finished the episode, and came in to do a mini-rant about how wretched it was, but the last couple pages have cracked me up.

But man oh man, what the fuck was that. Darhk had some nice moments (Neil McDonough is consistently the saving grace of this season), but I thought everything else was, like, unusually terrible. Especially the dialogue -- "Without my totem I'm just a wannabe fashion designer who lives at home with her stepdad (what was that, a pitch for a spin-off?). Vixen's actress was bad, the way she and Samantha were so quickly brought into the fold didn't make any sense, Ollie dropping out of the mayoral race is a pointless waste of a good idea, Felicity's indignation over Ollie choosing to send his son away is unearned (why would she ever have a say in that?), and good god, that ending. They took something as dumb and kind of offensive as Curtis cures paralysis with magic spinal microchip, and actually played out in as ridiculously cheesy a way as possible.

I go up and down on this season a lot, but it's been more disappointment than not and that was a really awful note to end on before a month break.

Ri'Orius

I'm really curious: what's up with Vixen being from Detroit? I thought DC always used fake cities: Metropolis, Gotham, Central City, etc. Is there some reason Vixen got a real city? Is she a CW original or something?

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I'm really curious: what's up with Vixen being from Detroit? I thought DC always used fake cities: Metropolis, Gotham, Central City, etc. Is there some reason Vixen got a real city? Is she a CW original or something?
All the real cities in our world, exist in the DC Universe. Nightwing fought crime in New York City for a while when Bludhaven was blown up.

I dunno if Vixen is really from Detroit, but it's about time they started using real cities to branch out their world building.

Yeah my theory for a long time was Malcolm getting Thea killed, but I like to think there's more they can do with Thea.
Legends says Lance is dead, although he would be 84 by then anyway so it could be natural causes or a Darhk to the chest.

It's totally main cast though. Don't buy that it would be a minor character like Mama Smoak or Laurel.

:(

Yager

Banned
Remember when they said that the show was going to be a little more light hearted? How many episodes did that idea last? 6? 7?

Felicity walking out like she did is one of the dumbest things this show has ever done, and it's done many of those. Making it the closing scene before the break clrearly shows that the writers care more about the stupid and boring drama than anything else. I'm not saying to erase the scene, but holy fuck, the main villain gets caught by the police, so why don't you make the "Felicity walks" scene and close the episode with Dahrk doing some shit while un custody?

Also, fights were awful. Damn it, I like you, Arrow, but sometimes I feel you try too hard for me not doing so.

Minamu

I haven't watched the last few episodes (there were some hallucinations going on in the last episode I saw), so I don't know if the wheelchair thing has been resolved yet. But the other thread about lies and secrets in CW shows got me thinking; couldn't the lazarus pit heal body predicaments?

Sure, the bloodlust and all that, that's getting old and we don't need another character going through that, but the pit is such an extreme get out of jail free card, it's almost sad they even introduced it in the first place :/

My point is, if the pit can revive dead people, is it too farfetched to assume it can heal broken bodies too? It's not like people are missing entire limbs but I'm sure some comic book claims the pit can restore those too :) Or you know, stab someone next to the pit and drop them in and voila, problem solved? XD

Joni

Her character is such a bitch, not everything revolves around you.
Oliver has a decision that is a tough and then her playing were married i should know..
Oliver's decision here does affect her considering they are about to married. Just ask your girlfriend/fiancee/wife how she would feel if you had been hiding a kid.

insanekyo

Neo Member
I haven't watched the last few episodes (there were some hallucinations going on in the last episode I saw), so I don't know if the wheelchair thing has been resolved yet. But the other thread about lies and secrets in CW shows got me thinking; couldn't the lazarus pit heal body predicaments?

Sure, the bloodlust and all that, that's getting old and we don't need another character going through that, but the pit is such an extreme get out of jail free card, it's almost sad they even introduced it in the first place :/

My point is, if the pit can revive dead people, is it too farfetched to assume it can heal broken bodies too? It's not like people are missing entire limbs but I'm sure some comic book claims the pit can restore those too :) Or you know, stab someone next to the pit and drop them in and voila, problem solved? XD

I believe the lazarus pit was destoryed.

Corpekata

Banned

The pit was destroyed early in the season by Nyssa.

Joni

Ah yes, fair point. There are usually many pits but Ollie and co don't know that, true. Never mind then :D
If I was the leader of the League of Assassins, I would make sure to destroy those not under my control as well. So if there are multiple, they are very well hidden.

V_Arnold

Minor character like Laurel? Lol, you hold on those grudges hard, man.

Are you kidding? Felicity actually was a great character for 2 seasons, and still is a good character. Nothing Laurel ever was or is.

as much as I like her I still thought Oliver and Sara were the most healthy ship, as fucked up as they are they balance each other out.

Actually, no. Laurel had a character arc. Felicity was always just a source for IT-comedy. Then later on drama too.
Some of you should read some more books, experience how characters that fall are more interesting than those that do not change one bit.

Actually, no. Laurel had a character arc. Felicity was always just a source for IT-comedy. Then later on drama too.
Some of you should read some more books, experience how characters that fall are more interesting than those that do not change one bit.

OMG she had an arc that automatically makes her better because reasons. Let's not talk about the quality of the arc or whether she changed from being unlikeable to being unlikeable in the process of being unlikeable. Can't like an originally comedic relief character though.

No idea what that has to do with reading books and how you know how many books we read. Personally am an avid reader, though mostly of belletristik.

Joni

She can fail all she want, but her character arc was bad and didn't make sense back then. I got Tommy killed, must stop Green Arrow now.

Kyoufu

Laurel was poorly written and so has Felicity. I don't think either of them were less/more annoying than each other. The writing in this show is just not very good whether some people want to admit it or not.

ZeroX03

Banned
Minor character like Laurel? Lol, you hold on those grudges hard, man.

Nah, I don't dislike Laurel. It's more of a jab at the writers. She gets more screentime than Lance and Merlyn, mostly because she's in the lair and action scenes not because she's doing anything notable. Outside of her acting like an idiot because they needed Sara back she's had nothing this season. I'd say that Lance has easily had more satisfying character moments than her this year too, between Darhk and Donna (aka Wozzly's threesome). It's pretty sad for a main character, she's just background noise a good chunk of the time.

Also is nobody else excited that
Johny Diggle Sr.
escaped the grave? :(

psychotron

Laurel was never this bad.

lol, Laurel has always been terrible. She whines, then does some stupid shit which either gets someone killed or causes a disaster. Then, if anyone tries to confront her about it, she tries making them feel guilty for being mad at her. I can't count the number of times she was told to stay behind, didn't listen, and as a result everything was screwed.

When she brought her sister back and she went on a killing spree, Oliver finally started to let her have it. Then, she starts crying and accuses him of not respecting her feelings. Never mind all those people getting slaughtered, lol. Oh, and putting your father with a heart condition in a position where he feels he needs to put down his own daughter like a dog.

She looks dumb as hell during the fight scenes too. She lets out that scream and proceeds to do some of the worst fake fighting I've ever seen. Even Thea seems more believable. Thea was annoying in the beginning of the show but has come a long way, and I really enjoy her character now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom