• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

Just finished "Sins of the Father" and is surprised to see Merlyn lose his hand, the League being disbanded and them now going after William. Quite interesting. A little boring but still interesting enough that I am gonna keep watching. I'm still 2 episodes behind in both The Flash, Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow.

Kyoufu

Just finished "Sins of the Father" and is surprised to see Merlyn lose his hand, the League being disbanded and them now going after William. Quite interesting. A little boring but still interesting enough that I am gonna keep watching. I'm still 2 episodes behind in both The Flash, Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow.

Go watch The Flash immediately before stuff is spoiled.

Chariot

I'm more excited about
Slade escaping prison to have another kid
Escaping prison? He just masturbated and threw his sperm into the ocean. It as strong enough to stay fresh while it swam to a beach and impregnated some healthy women who gave birth to the children of Slade.

ZeroX03

Banned
Escaping prison? He just masturbated and threw his sperm into the ocean. It as strong enough to stay fresh while it swam to a beach and impregnated some healthy women who gave birth to the children of Slade.

actually Slade and Boomerang adopt

Johndoey

Banned
Nah, I don't dislike Laurel. It's more of a jab at the writers. She gets more screentime than Lance and Merlyn, mostly because she's in the lair and action scenes not because she's doing anything notable. Outside of her acting like an idiot because they needed Sara back she's had nothing this season. I'd say that Lance has easily had more satisfying character moments than her this year too, between Darhk and Donna (aka Wozzly's threesome). It's pretty sad for a main character, she's just background noise a good chunk of the time.

Also is nobody else excited that
Johny Diggle Sr.
escaped the grave? :(

No one cares for poor Dig Dug his glory days have long past

Sephzilla

Caught up on Arrow... So Felicity
understands that his son's mother put him in an impossibly tough spot, but she decides to leave him because Oliver made a smart decision by keeping his son as far away from him as possible due to the fact that Oliver being involved in his life at all put him in immediate danger
. I actually like Felicity, but seriously, fuck that ending and the stupid CW drama bullshit.

Also I'm not sure I'm cool with Oliver being so open about being Green Arrow these days.

Tabby

Are you kidding? Felicity actually was a great character for 2 seasons, and still is a good character. Nothing Laurel ever was or is.

as much as I like her I still thought Oliver and Sara were the most healthy ship, as fucked up as they are they balance each other out.
All she did for the first two seasons was make witty jokes and looked pretty.
Season 3 was when they started to turn her into something more and then was just terrible cry acting and needless drama.

At least Laurel actually had a character arc and was never this annoying.

I actually quite like Laurel even in season 2. At least she never made me skip scenes and stop watching the show.

Joni

Caught up on Arrow... So Felicity
understands that his son's mother put him in an impossibly tough spot, but she decides to leave him because Oliver made a smart decision by keeping his son as far away from him as possible due to the fact that Oliver being involved in his life at all put him in immediate danger
. I actually like Felicity, but seriously, fuck that ending and the stupid CW drama bullshit.

Also I'm not sure I'm cool with Oliver being so open about being Green Arrow these days.

She leaves because even when they are supposed to be so close, he decided to keep a secret. Well, a secret from her, because he gladly told Barry, Thea and Malcolm...

Sephzilla

She leaves because even when they are supposed to be so close, he decided to keep a secret. Well, a secret from her, because he gladly told Barry, Thea and Malcolm...

Thea and Malcom found out on their own. Oliver only told Barry after some kind of extreme circumstances. And considering the first thing that happens after William becomes known is that William gets caught in the crossfire, Oliver was right to keep him secret.

#OliverWasRight

All she did for the first two seasons was make witty jokes and looked pretty.
Season 3 was when they started to turn her into something more and then was just terrible cry acting and needless drama.

At least Laurel actually had a character arc and was never this annoying.

I actually quite like Laurel even in season 2. At least she never made me skip scenes and stop watching the show.

I adored Felicity for the first 2 seasons I was tuning in for every scene of her, with Laurel I was mostly just gawking at her tits like the stupid tween I am.

Except he didn't tell any of them, which she'd know if she'd let him explain. Not saying she's in the wrong for leaving him though.

Oliver didn't explain that either.

Oliver isn't known for being smart

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
"I can't tell you this secret that's been completely and utterly blown wide open because I made a promise" isn't really comforting to hear when you're hurt.

I don't think Oliver is in the wrong here, but I don't think Felicity is either.

Sephzilla

"I can't tell you this secret that's been completely and utterly blown wide open because I made a promise" isn't really comforting to hear when you're hurt.

I don't think Oliver is in the wrong here, but I don't think Felicity is either.

Except he did tell her the moment the secret got blown up.

I don't think Oliver handled it the wrong way (I think both Thea and Diggle even agreed with him on it). The end of the episode just makes Felicity look like a giant hypocrite to me.

Joni

Except he did tell her the moment the secret got blown up.

I don't think Oliver handled it the wrong way (I think both Thea and Diggle even agreed with him on it). The end of the episode just makes Felicity look like a giant hypocrite to me.

Yes, the moment Darhk called him out on it, he bravely admitted the truth.

Sephzilla

Yes, the moment Darhk called him out on it, he bravely admitted the truth.

I don't see what's wrong here. The moment it got blown up he told everyone and explained why. Dude was put in a bad ultimatum in order to see his son.

I'd also like to point out that the only other person on Team Arrow who has a kid totally understood why he did what he did.

That needs to be explained? Especially after, a few episodes ago, she was trying to defend Quentin Lance for keeping a secret from her mother to keep her safe?

Oh lol. I totally forgot about that. I'm really tired of this Felicity stuff. More specifically, I'm getting tired wondering if she (or anyone else) is going to act rationally, or irrationally at the next secret revelation. Especially when they rarely get called out when it's irrational.

Just saw the episode last night.

That ending. Like are you kidding me Felicity? ITs Oliver and Samantha's son!!!!!!! You have nothing to fucking do with their son. Holy shit the writing on this show is so bad. Guggenheim is seriously the fucking worst.

I do got to kudos to Stephen Amell. That emotion he showed while making the video was stellar. The man has come a long way since Season 1.

strafer

Just saw the episode last night.

That ending. Like are you kidding me Felicity? ITs Oliver and Samantha's son!!!!!!! You have nothing to fucking do with their son. Holy shit the writing on this show is so bad. Guggenheim is seriously the fucking worst.

I do got to kudos to Stephen Amell. That emotion he showed while making the video was stellar. The man has come a long way since Season 1.

I bet he feels more comfortable in the role now.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I've always held the belief that Amell is a much better actor than the production schedule of Arrow allows him to be. However, whenever he has really needed to bring it, he's brought it.

Wag

Felicity is clearly the 2nd coming. First she beats mental illness in a single episode, now she beats paraplegia. What's next, walking on water? Oh sorry, that's Barry's dept... 😃

Felicity is clearly the 2nd coming. First she beats mental illness in a single episode, now she beats paraplegia. What's next, walking on water? Oh sorry, that's Barry's dept... 😃

Shit knowing the writing on this show, shes going to turn into a meta human eventually lol

Sephzilla

Shit knowing the writing on this show, shes going to turn into a meta human eventually lol

The chip in her spine fuses with her nervous system and allows her to directly plug her consciousness into computers and the internet.

1bd3d6d70d89a0a25f64c5ab12c0e176.jpg

So Felicity is the new Laurel Lance? (in terms of annoyance)

Only on the internet. No one I talk to in real life who watches this show has a problem with her like at all. There's this co worker friend who said she'd stop watching the show if She was in the grave. Hell she's my favorite female in the cast.

I think Laurel is more easily hated because she had an actual character arc which made people turn against her (I wouldn't know properly, since I never actually hated her). Felicity was just there for comedy and being the computer gal for the first two seasons, and what happened the moment they tried giving character development to her? It was poorly-written and turned a decent amount of people against her by supplying angst to her character. Meanwhile Laurel's more lighthearted turn this season has made her appeal a lot more to people.

This might be an unpopular opinion but am I the only one who thinks the show hasn't taken that much of a lighthearted turn? Ollie smiles more, but that seems to be the only real turn, the show is still insanely dark and I still feel like Oliver doesn't resemble his comic self much.

The chip in her spine fuses with her nervous system and allows her to directly plug her consciousness into computers and the internet.

1bd3d6d70d89a0a25f64c5ab12c0e176.jpg
That gif just reminded me of how Flash season 1 did a better job writing Arrow characters than Arrow season 3 did.

Johndoey

Banned
I always liked Laurel, I just hate her outfit and wig deal and the scream is still lame.

But that character and Lance interacting is always really sweet.

Chariot

Yeah, Laurel is mostly okay this season. Mostly because the part where she chained her undead sister to the radiator was a bit off. But aside from that she was pretty good. Now she just needs to have an actual role.

Arrow really needs a calm episode where Oliver is completely absent and we see the other guys get their dedicated mini episode. Like Tales from Ba Sing Se.

This might be an unpopular opinion but am I the only one who thinks the show hasn't taken that much of a lighthearted turn? Ollie smiles more, but that seems to be the only real turn, the show is still insanely dark and I still feel like Oliver doesn't resemble his comic self much.

It's inched towards a lighter route but only barely and not nearly as much as I imagined during the beginning of the season (I'm ok with that actually). Really the majority of it has been Oliver lightening up. I'm curious if they plan to take it farther in later seasons until he's more like the comics as opposed to Batman-lite.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that

That gif just reminded me of how Flash season 1 did a better job writing Arrow characters than Arrow season 3 did.

It hasn't. They jump into it briefly with some of the character interactions, but otherwise the tone has remained the same. Thea and Laurel joke around more than they did before, but even those are few and far between. I actually like it when they get playful for a little bit with the show, like calling out how ridiculous their situations are.

raphier

Banned
oh god so cringeworthy episode, I haven't been so ashamed for watching a show before. Vixen sux, Villain fucking sucks, Felicity sucks balls.

Vixen is useless if all he does is threaten and chokehold. I can't take this seriously.

Vixen is useless if all he does is threaten and chokehold. I can't take this seriously.

I thought that was some odd logic. "She's magic so she'll give us the edge. My plan is for her to jump in out of nowhere and choke hold him so he can be intimidated even though technically anyone on the team can do that due to half of it being trained by the League of Assassins. WHAT?! How didn't that work!?"

It obviously made sense to bring her in for her expertise on magic stuff (though even that might be overselling her), but that part of the plan was so dumb.

Joni

I don't see what's wrong here. The moment it got blown up he told everyone and explained why. Dude was put in a bad ultimatum in order to see his son.
The moment his lies were exposed, he bravely admitted. That is simply not good enough.

I'd also like to point out that the only other person on Team Arrow who has a kid totally understood why he did what he did.
Lance didn't quite understand.

She has nothing to do with her own marriage?

Sephzilla

The moment his lies were exposed, he bravely admitted. That is simply not good enough.

Well, for one, not telling someone something =/= lying.

Felicity was totally acting on a double-standard though considering she defended Lance for essentially doing the exact same secret-hiding shit. Felicity was also the only person on the team who seemed actually upset by Oliver hiding this at all. Thea understood. Diggle understood. Vixen understood. Laurel even understood, she was more upset about Oliver cheating way back when than him actually not telling anyone about William. Even Samantha was basically like "don't be mad at Oliver be mad at me".

Someone needs to be all up in Felicity's face like

53692000.jpg

Felicity was totally acting on a double-standard though considering she defended Lance for essentially doing the exact same thing. Felicity was also the only person on the team who seemed actually upset by Oliver hiding this at all. Thea understood. Diggle understood. Vixen understood. Laurel even understood, she was more upset about Oliver cheating way back when than him actually not telling anyone about William.

Yeah, it comes across as petty. "You didn't loop me in on this parenting decision for a child I just found out about a day or two ago!" "You didn't tell me about this child even though your ex made it explicitly clear you can't tell anyone and she even explained that to me herself!".

Joni

Felicity was totally acting on a double-standard though considering she defended Lance for essentially doing the exact same secret-hiding shit. Felicity was also the only person on the team who seemed actually upset by Oliver hiding this at all. Thea understood. Diggle understood. Vixen understood. Laurel even understood, she was more upset about Oliver cheating way back when than him actually not telling anyone about William. Even Samantha was basically like "don't be mad at Oliver be mad at me".

Someone needs to be all up in Felicity's face like
A one episode guest character doesn't matter, Thea knew, Diggle and Laurel aren't getting married to Oliver and they have both insulted him enough in the past about him keeping secrets. Donna and Lance were dating for what, two-three months? Oliver and Felicity were preppign their wedding. She was adult enough for the entire thing to get settled, after which Oliver clearly didn't talk it through with her until she gave back the ring.

Sephzilla

A one episode guest character doesn't matter, Thea knew, Diggle and Laurel aren't getting married to Oliver and they have both insulted him enough in the past about him keeping secrets. Donna and Lance were dating for what, two-three months? Oliver and Felicity were preppign their wedding.

*Felicity agrees to marry a guy who's entire life revolves around secrets*

*Gets mad when he keeps a secret*

She was adult enough for the entire thing to get settled, after which Oliver clearly didn't talk it through with her until she gave back the ring.

She was also adult enough to get angry at Oliver for not including her in a decision that she had no real right to be involved in.

Sephzilla

Plus if we backtrack to the Vandal Savage crossover episode, Felicity was going to go full bitch-mode regardless of when Oliver told her. She freaks the fuck out and threatens to leave Oliver because he waited a whole 24 hours to tell her - and then Barry travels back in time and warns Oliver not to do it.

Yeah Arrow hasn't been very good thus far in how it's handling it's characters. It seems like they don't learn a thing from season to season and it's annoying. At least Flash has an excuse with time travel, speed force , and the multiverse.

Magwik

Banned
Yeah Arrow hasn't been very good thus far in how it's handling it's characters. It seems like they don't learn a thing from season to season and it's annoying. At least Flash has an excuse with time travel, speed force , and the multiverse.

Eh, Flash suffers from the same problems, but the drama is pushed to the side of the story behind crazy shit like time travel, speed force, meta humans, and Earth-2. Barry and Patty was handled poorly in the end, but it wasn't the prominent part of the episodes as it is in Arrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom