• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, it has not been confirmed, but it was my favorite part of the Earth-2 story. Should have kept that joke going.
Actually you may be right. Again, future Flash spoilers that also are Arrow spoilers in a way.
Someone uploaded a video on Twitter of Katie Cassidy filming a scene with Grant Gustin and she has a type of evil aura to her judging by her swagger and outfit (really cool outfit too) and the person who filmed it said she apparently was fighting with Flash. My guess? Earth-2 BC is evil, finds out Earth-1 BC was a good guy and also maybe that Oliver is alive in this universe so she pulls a Heel-Face turn.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that

Credo

I haven't watched an episode of Arrow since the one where Felicity got shot and paralyzed. I don't know if I'd say I've fallen off quite yet since I've still been recording the episodes, but I haven't really felt an urge to get back into it. How has this season been going since then quality-wise? I was never a superfan, but I might get back into it during the summer drought unless it's really fallen off since I last watched.

I haven't watched an episode of Arrow since the one where Felicity got shot and paralyzed. I don't know if I'd say I've fallen off quite yet since I've still been recording the episodes, but I haven't really felt an urge to get back into it. How has this season been going since then quality-wise? I was never a superfan, but I might get back into it during the summer drought unless it's really fallen off since I last watched.
Jumped off a cliff. In the last handful of episodes, if I fast-forward too far after a commercial break, I don't even bother to rewind anymore.

GulAtiCa

Except for like 2 episodes before last, Arrow has been pretty great. This week's episode was back to being lightharded and more fun.

Piku_Ringo

Banned
You paid Crisco how much to do your Security?

MlKcNNw.gif

It seems Earth-2 Laurel is episode 22 of Flash, so I highly doubt they would dedicate the second last episode of the season to a one-off role. I really hope she plays a part in the finale. If Laurel does get killed off which would suck, then I will take redeemed baddy Dinah.

Sober

Rumour talk aside, I liked the most recent episode, maybe because Emily Kinney is always fun to watch on screen. Glad they gave her a bit more to do than on her Flash appearance.

Platy

It seems Earth-2 Laurel is episode 22 of Flash, so I highly doubt they would dedicate the second last episode of the season to a one-off role. I really hope she plays a part in the finale. If Laurel does get killed off which would suck, then I will take redeemed baddy Dinah.

Laurel die on arrow. Flash Season 3 features Earth 2 Laurel and Earth 2 Felicity on its main cast

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that

ZeroX03

Banned
It feels like the Canary Cry should've had effects from the start, but it didn't and now they're committed to the nothing they've got. It needs Cisco Ex Machina ASAP.

Joni

Actually you may be right. Again, future Flash spoilers that also are Arrow spoilers in a way.
Someone uploaded a video on Twitter of Katie Cassidy filming a scene with Grant Gustin and she has a type of evil aura to her judging by her swagger and outfit (really cool outfit too) and the person who filmed it said she apparently was fighting with Flash. My guess? Earth-2 BC is evil, finds out Earth-1 BC was a good guy and also maybe that Oliver is alive in this universe so she pulls a Heel-Face turn.
or she decides to attack Earth 1 to kill his cheating ass. It also explains the new haircut, it might be for evil.

I'm just now catching up, and now on the episode with Cupid, but Arrow is starting to lose me. Felicity is infuriating me, and it just doesn't seem as good as it was before. Like the gap in quality between Arrow and Flash is growing larger. I'm still going to keep tabs on it, but it's starting to go down on my must watch list.

KonradLaw

Before the break I actually thought this season of Arrow was better than S2 of Flash, but after the break..eek. The bizzare thing is that early in the season they clearly avoided the drama, because of negative S3 reactions and it worked. So why bring it back.

I'm not opposed to some love drama. But the problem most of showrunners of superhero shows don't get is that those shows are already exagarated in their action plots, so the only way romance could work is if it's exagarated to similiar degree. You can't make a show about superhero fighting metahumans and then expect people to swallow romance drama similiar to one taken from a more realistic and down to Earth show.

This is evident even in Daredevil, where the relationship with Electra is much more interesting to watch than with Karen. Or how the only good romance Batman ever got in movie was in Mask of Phantasm.

KonradLaw

That's a really bad example, because everything associated with Elektra is the worst of both seasons of Daredevil

Nah. The law aspect is the worst, by far. The whole private life of Matt Murdock is utterly terrible. Elektra wasn't perfect, but she still beats the hell out of whatever the two other people in the firm are whining about.

And of course they have the right to whine about. In real world they would and nobody would bat an eye. But the story is told mostly from Matt's perspective and because of that the ordinary everyday problems have no choice but to seem petty and stupid.

I mean, I love romance. I've consumed countless shoujo mangas and there haven't been many shows where outcome I was invested more than with Pacey and Joey getting together in Dawson's Creek. But those are all stories built around romance. THey put time and effort into this theme and built up the seemingly silly stakes to epic proportions. Superhero shows can't work like this. When the stakes are the fate of thousands of people, broken hearts are silly in comparision unless they're caused by death of loved one. Especially since they don't have enough space to invest in making those love stories properly developed. Arrow pretty much kicked us in the face with this last episode when Oliver goes "it's not fair that I can save the city and not save my relationship". Who the fuck cares Oliver about your relationship when you're got a city to save?

Action movies and series generally understand that and act accordingly with showcasing the romance. But somehow superhero shows have huge problems with it. (except Jessica Jones, now that was a kickass romance in superhero story)

Dysun

that was garbage

Oliver gets taken down and Felicity saves the day
Jokes write themselves now

this Bee villain from TWD has 2 of the worst episodes out of all the Arrowverse shows

That's a really bad example, because everything associated with Elektra is the worst of both seasons of Daredevil

I'll agree, but it's still better than anything Arrow has ever done without Slade

Joni

Latest episode. Bree can afford neural implants and a bajillion bee robots but can't afford the spinal tech thingy. Okay.
She only has to make one. They replicate themselves. Also she could have hacked her way into money but that doesn't help if there is still only one developed. She wouldn't be able to buy another one for quite some time.

Chase17

Hopefully the show will get better as Darhk takes a more prominent role towards the end of the season.

Expecting E2 Malcom to sneak his way onto the S5 cast so he can have two hands again.

The worst of anything DD is better than this shit. This season has fallen into a fucking bottomless pit. Shit even Redshirt ninjas were cooler on Daredevil, and Matt acts like a fucking human around his women unlike oliver.

KonradLaw

The worst of anything DD is better than this shit. This season has fallen into a fucking bottomless pit. Shit even Redshirt ninjas were cooler on Daredevil, and Matt acts like a fucking human around his women unlike oliver.

Lol..no. League was dissapointing, as every ninja army is, but they were always far more threatening than Hand. Same thing with Ra's. He might not have fully delivered, but he absolutely slaughters the joke that Nabu is.
Heck, the whole Hand plot was such a terrible terrible mess. Electra and Stick were the only things that saved it.

Chariot

The League better than the Hand? Ha!
Arrow's ninjas were shit and non-threatening from day one. The Hand at least looked cool (while getting their asses beat).

GulAtiCa

yay.. more pointless [thisshow] is better then [thatshow].

Why do some of you even watch Arrow if you hate the show so much now? Seriously..

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
yay.. more pointless [thisshow] is better then [thatshow].

Why do some of you even watch Arrow if you hate the show so much now? Seriously..

You're being pretty generous saying they even watch it.

There are dudes in here who fast forward through the whole thing while on their tablets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom