• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

GulAtiCa

Can you blame them? It's like 30min of Felicity and, like, 5 of Arrow.

Then maybe go watch something else? No offense, but the whole year, you been non-stop complaining and bitching about this show. I seriously don't know why you still watch. You clearly hate it with a passion.

I'm not trying to say you shouldn't watch or shouldn't post here. Just don't understand why you still try to participate in a show you hate so much.

If you're gonna complain you might as well know what you're talking about

Eh, not really. If you've seen season 3 you already know.

Then maybe go watch something else? No offense, but the whole year, you been non-stop complaining and bitching about this show. I seriously don't know why you still watch. You clearly hate it with a passion.

I'm not trying to say you shouldn't watch or shouldn't post here. Just don't understand why you still try to participate in a show you hate so much.

As I said before, I'm committed to watching this ship sink.

The Light

With this show it is to the point where I just watch out of habit now. There are enjoyable moments, but overall I'm meh on this show now. With the number of episodes Arrow produce they should be doing more in terms of side stories for the other characters.

Why is the black canary a sidekick? Let her do her own thing like she was in previous seasons and have it intertwine with the main plot sometimes.
Lyla is in charge of Argus now so that should give Diggle much to do in terms of developing plot for him outside of his brother.

KonradLaw

The League better than the Hand? Ha!
Arrow's ninjas were shit and non-threatening from day one. The Hand at least looked cool (while getting their asses beat).

THe hand looked terrible. At least League had modernized costumes and moved like proper badasses. The Hand had silly ninjas costume and they've moved like they were from ultra cheap 80s action movie. When they were running with those tiny steps, holding those tiny swords. It looked like a children running to Halloween party, not an army of assassins.

League looks cooler, is more competent and had a lot better characters as their members. Plus what they did at least made some sense, instead of whatever the hell the Hand was doing in S2 of DD.

The League was great and threatening in season 1/2, they quickly became redshirt jokes after that. I haven't finished all of DDS2 yet but while Hand is the worst part of the season they're still better than what the League eventually sunk too.

Blader

Lol..no. League was dissapointing, as every ninja army is, but they were always far more threatening than Hand. Same thing with Ra's. He might not have fully delivered, but he absolutely slaughters the joke that Nabu is.
Heck, the whole Hand plot was such a terrible terrible mess. Electra and Stick were the only things that saved it.
Not that the Hand isn't a bunch of jobbers too, but the League has never been a threat no matter how many times the show tells you to believe they are.

The fight with Ra's in The Climb is probably one of the show's best though, mostly for how effortlessly he destroys Ollie. Shame about the rematch...

The Hand had silly ninjas costume and they've moved like they were from ultra cheap 80s action movie. When they were running with those tiny steps, holding those tiny swords. It looked like a children running to Halloween party, not an army of assassins.

All of which is explained adequately within the show. The running was so they could mask their movements, it's unreasonable to expect all these people can run full sprint and sneak up on people. The swords were smaller intentionally (all though most of them were using normal sized swords, these are Ninja's not Guts from Berserk here), and if you remember one of the more important scenes with
Elektra in Matt's apartment, we discover that The Hand was brainwashing legitimate kids--or at least teens--to act as their foot soldiers
. The costumes also look that way because these guys are experts at stealth and need to sneak around without having all sorts of weird crap dangling off them. The Hand were--correctly--modeled after their comic counterparts.

ZeroX03

Banned
tumblr_m914m0lcRQ1r77kqzo1_500.gif

T Dollarz

Just finished the third episode of Supergirl.

My buddy at work was telling me how bad it is, "even worse than Arrow." The pilot was definitely bad, but I've enjoyed the last two episodes just fine. Certainly more enjoyable to watch than current Arrow if you ask me. Like, at least they're trying to put thought and care into what's going on. I'm definitely down to keep watching.

Magwik

Banned

My buddy at work was telling me how bad it is, "even worse than Arrow." The pilot was definitely bad, but I've enjoyed the last two episodes just fine. Certainly more enjoyable to watch than current Arrow if you ask me. Like, at least they're trying to put thought and care into what's going on. I'm definitely down to keep watching.

Episode 7.
That is all.

anaron

Supergirl is billions better than Arrow.

Oh man. Flash stays improving Arrow characters. Don't click this link. Don't. Just don't. Video from set (Flash): https://twitter.com/Diva_Jong/status/716002515695837188

Remember. Spoiler tags.

Okay: Theory on this:

- There being two Black Canaries was a concession to the Post-Crisis timeline. Before that, there was just Dinah Drake-Lance, who crossed from Earth 2 to Earth 1 and started hanging with Green Arrow after the death of her husband, Detective Larry Lance.

- Dinah Drake's thing was pretending to be a villain to infiltrate criminal organizations and take them down from the inside out.

With that in mind, I'm thinking this isn't Laurel- it's Dinah Drake, her mother, who is younger on Earth 2. She's an ally of the man in the mask (*cough* Real Jay *cough*) who is infiltrating Zoom's gang of Metahumans in order to save her friend. She could become stranded on Earth 1 afterwards.

Good or bad? I've heard episode 7 mentioned before.

It's the point where the series finds its voice and gets Flash-tier.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I was tempted to do a Felicity joke with this one, but figured you guys have been triggered enough. Here's the schedule for the rest of the season:

NsHLqzv.gif

Flash and Arrow sync back up on their 19th episodes.

ZeroX03

Banned
I was tempted to do a Felicity joke with this one, but figured you guys have been triggered enough. Here's the schedule for the rest of the season:

NsHLqzv.gif

Flash and Arrow sync back up on their 19th episodes.

Added to the first post.

Wonder what the title of episode 19 is

Guggenheim censored the photo and we won't know the title until after episode 18 thanks to the break. But as people are guessing and Canadagraphs said leaked, it looks like "
Canary Cry
" fits the bill.

Joni

Not that the Hand isn't a bunch of jobbers too, but the League has never been a threat no matter how many times the show tells you to believe they are.
Outside of Ra's, Nyssa, Maseo, Sara and Malcolm who have kicked major ass all throughout the show. It is conversation of ninjutsu: the more nameless mooks, the quicker they fall. They had two heroes on one League ninja fights at the start. It is the problem of rising threats. The scales always have to escalate and the hero always has to be better. At least it didn't start with Oliver wiping out half the league just by burning one building.

Johndoey

Banned
I just haven't really found Dahrk or Hive threatening in this season and its a bit disappointing. I mentioned it before but I just didn't get the feel if the city really being under siege and Dahrk is an undeniably fun villain but I don't think he works as a legitimate threat, the ghosts were okay at first but goons are goons. The league content was just bad to be honest. I love Barrowman but his presence us an annoyance at this point. I actually would've welcomed more campaign manager romance and time with baby Diggle just for something a little different.

Joni

Padawan for now. We need to see if he can employ those sick moves in combat.

You know how big DC universe is on legacy. Terrific can be to Roy what Nightwing is to Batman.
The biggest fight of his life. That was one dangerous bee. A lot stronger than any Ninja.

I feel like the league is cooler simply because ninjas are lame but hassan's hassassins are like super duper cool.

There was that one cool guy in season 1 I think from the league that caught the arrow and had a creepy awesome smile, if they'd kept that up they could have been real badass.

But real talk, typical stlye ninjas are and will always be super lame. And assassins will always be cool.

We can't. Even as bad as Arrow can get there are still ways in which it's superior to DD, like:

Hotter women
Music
Lead superhero's hairline ;)

1) Not even remotely, as, by far, the two hottest chicks in their respective series Electra >>>>>>> Nysa >>>>>>>> Everyone else.

2) Radioactive

3) ... You've got a point there, his hairline did really bug me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom