• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

adarker

Banned
Two things are certain in arrow. Fake deaths and the city getting destroyed in May.

They can't off a member of the justice league like some bitch. She's definitely alive. The first rule of this if the dying person says to keep a promise and the scene drifts off they are alive.

Worst case scenario: it's going to end up being like spider Gwen where Oliver and Laurel E2 meet and tell each other stories of how they failed each other on their earth. Then hopefully they realize second chances do come true. Or she's banging Oliver's dad on Earth 2.

Even on Earth-2 she is all about the Olicity. All. About. The. Olicity.

Chase17

Yeah the Legends come back at the present time with Flash and Arrow. Otherwise it would be confusing.
Sara will be visiting Laurel's grave with Chesthair in Legends.
Ok that makes more sense.

Anyone have the gif of lance's reaction where he falls down at the end?

Two things are certain in arrow. Fake deaths and the city getting destroyed in May.

They can't off a member of the justice league like some bitch. She's definitely alive. The first rule of this if the dying person says to keep a promise and the scene drifts off they are alive.

Worst case scenario: it's going to end up being like spider Gwen where Oliver and Laurel E2 meet and tell each other stories of how they failed each other on their earth. Then hopefully they realize second chances do come true. Or she's banging Oliver's dad on Earth 2.

KhkCtsAl.jpg

Being serious Darhk had a chance to kill them whole season .
So other than Oliver everyone else could have been kill rather easy .
Also this makes me like him even more since he keep his promise.
I love it when bad guys follow thru .

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/arr...-black-canary-season-4-episode-18-1201747805/

They give Zero fucks about your comic book canon.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Grief. Stages of grief.

It goes:

Denial
Bargaining
Anger
Sadness
Acceptance

1) I'm not going to watch this show anymore.
2) Okay, I'll watch until the end of the season.
3) No, fuck that, I'm done. So fucking done.
4) Why did they do this to my show?!
5) Okay, I'll watch the next episode.

From there, the Sonic Cycle takes over.

The Light

This episode just highlighted it should've been Thea. Her story is tied to Malcolm and they have run that shit into the ground. How long are they going to keep Mr. "I screw you over because I love you" and Ms "I hate you so much but continue to interact with you" around? At this point Malcolm and Thea add nothing to the plot.

Half the shows base on batamn and the other half is new stuff with new characters .
Plus DC don't give a fuck about there own canon why should the TV show lol

This episode just highlighted it should've been Thea. Her story is tied to Malcolm and they have run that shit into the ground. How long are they going to keep Mr. "I screw you over because I love you" and Ms "I hate you so much but continue to interact with you" around? At this point Malcolm and Thea add nothing to the plot.

Neither was laural .
I mean what the fuck has she done all season ?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Can we talk about the Oliver/Andy confrontation scene for a moment?

I liked Oliver's Batman voice there.

Hell even Thea did nothing much outside of daddy issues when her bloodlust was cured. They literally have no idea on what to do with her so when they need her front and center they bring Karma Houdini himself Merlyn in for a couple of scenes.

So true .
When you look at it Arrow is the opposite of flash .
In arrow everyone out on the field but in flash everyone in the lab .
So in arrow it feels like the characters should effect the storyline more in some ways .

Writers are slowly working their way up to killing all the people pre-island Ollie cared about (Tommy, Moira, Laurel, technically even Sara since she ain't on the show). Thea's next, you just wait.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
Stage 2 of denial: Bargaining.

Also dammit Zero that OT title is perfect.
It's not denial because I want her to be alive. It's denial because I don't trust any writer associated with this show to actually kill off a character and have them really be dead.

Trust me. I'd be ecstatic if she was really dead. These characters have been treading water for a year and a half and actually killing off an original character could actually allow this show to grow. But this show doesn't want to grow. Therefore I refuse to believe they actually had the guts to kill her off.

But hey, if you want to put blind faith that these writers can do something creatively unique, be my guest. I hope you're right. I just won't bet on it.

This was some straight up Sueage. Shipping Olicity on your death bed is a common side effect of being sidelined by a Mary Sue. It's shit writing 101.

Of course I'm not fully convinced Laurel is dead because there was some weirdness with those scenes, but it should really drive home what the point of this show is now that they took out a legendary DC character and basically had her declare Felicity the future in her last breaths. It's pandering so hard it hurts.

Everybody gets their own fake deaths on this show. Roy, Sarah, Oliver, Thea, Felicity, and Malcolm all had turns. Laurel is long over due. Plus who on the good side didn't die heroically and stayed dead.

Magwik

Banned
It's not denial because I want her to be alive. It's denial because I don't trust any writer associated with this show to actually kill off a character and have them really be dead.

Trust me. I'd be ecstatic if she was really dead. These characters have been treading water for a year and a half and actually killing off an original character could actually allow this show to grow. But this show doesn't want to grow. Therefore I refuse to believe they actually had the guts to kill her off.

But hey, if you want to put blind faith that these writers can do something creatively unique, be my guest. I hope you're right. I just won't bet on it.
What creative and unique opportunities come from killing a character that just this season found their place? They never even attempted to take Laurel anywhere or do anything with her. She got sidelined for more Felicity. That's it. All we are going to get now is more bullshit and. Black Canary replacement because yes that will actually happen.

So... We've never had a season where the villain didn't find out that Oliver was the [Green] Arrow, eh?
Fuck it seems half the time the villain just focuses on Oliver and not the Green Arrow. It's like "oh there's that asshole I want to kill. he also happens to fight crime in his spare time".

Forgot Ray.
Ray's fake death was pretty bad because it was announced ages ago he was gonna be on Legends. I took it less as a fake death and more of a 'oh so he's now going to shrink'.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
What creative and unique opportunities come from killing a character that just this season found their place? They never even attempted to take Laurel anywhere or do anything with her. She got sidelined for more Felicity. That's it. All we are going to get now is more bullshit and. Black Canary replacement because yes that will actually happen.
More than having her be a third wheel. You can at least show an impetus for some sort of change in how everyone does things if she's dead. Gives Oliver a reason to lose his way.

I'm not saying it's good. But it's something.

How did she get sideline for more Felicity .
The problem with arrow is they had to much characters going on the field .
Anything she can do Oliver can do it better and faster .
Hell oliver could have just lock up darhk on the island if he wanted to .
Fuck this court case nonsense.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Arrow Season 4 |OT| Casualty of the shipping industry

Arrow Season 4 |OT| Literally died for her ship

Arrow Season 4 |OT| Laurel Lance, you have served this Olicity

Of what little we got, the court case was good. It was a breath of fresh air for this show.

Magwik

Banned
The court case was the best thing. It actually gave her something unique in the team. She works in the field of law, making her a standout on the team. Or well it should have.

More than having her be a third wheel. You can at least show an impetus for some sort of change in how everyone does things if she's dead. Gives Oliver a reason to lose his way.

I'm not saying it's good. But it's something.
How many times has Oliver lost his way. That shit is old hat

The court case was the best thing. It actually gave her something unique in the team. She works in the field of law, making her a standout on the team. Or well it should have.

And at the end of the day it useless.
Some one like darhk is not going to stay lock up in star city prison .
Plus it's not something they can use that much to tell the truth .

So... We've never had a season where the villain didn't find out that Oliver was the [Green] Arrow, eh?

Don't worry it going to be the same way on flash and LOT every season lol .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom