• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glorious, simply glorious. Two seasons late, but whatever. RIP in peace, Laurel. May you forever make-out with people in front of Tommy in Heaven.

animation103rhk.gif

Arrow S04 |OT| The fridge is full.

Unless there's some big turn around in these last five episodes I'm doing something I've never done with a show that I'm several seasons invested in and dropping Arrow this shit is just way too far into pandering to Olicity shit that they even had to have a barely alive, soon to fucking die Laurel prop up Olicity, wow... Uncle Guggie auntie Wendy and their collection of tumblr fan fiction writers on staff are the worst, really another fucking Lance sister death?! Not as if there aren't several male characters who have largely outlived their usefulness or if a female character did have to die, WTH is the point of Donna Smoak again besides Felicity/Olicity fan and the side ship they created between her and Chesthair?

Top it off, you just know Malcolm is going to make it through yet another season without dying or any real comeuppance.

Cap it off Guggles has supposedly
created his own Black Canary to take her place

CW Fans are secretly Wrestling Fans. Felicity is Roman. Balee Dat.

Nah, Cena.

Shaanyboi

Banned
I'd understand maybe killing Diggle, or Felicity, Detective Lance, or Felicity's mom. Hell, you could kill Thea if you need to. It's not like the sidekick role can't be filled by someone like Arrowette or even Young Justice's Artemis.

You could've told interesting stories with Black Canary, and instead squandered her.

Fucking hell, this show.

Arrow S04 |OT| The fridge is full.

Unless there's some big turn around in these last five episodes I'm doing something I've never done with a show that I'm several seasons invested in and dropping Arrow this shit is just way too far into pandering to Olicity shit that they even had to have a barely alive, soon to fucking die Laurel prop up Olicity, wow... Uncle Guggie auntie Wendy and their collection of tumblr fan fiction writers on staff are the worst. Top it off, you just know Malcolm is going to make it through yet another season without dying or any real comeuppance.

Cap it off Guggles has supposedly
created his own Black Canary to take her place

No matter who die you were going to get i hope you find happiest speech to oliver .
you mean just like how he did it was sara
Saying Olicity has some bigger effect makes no sense.

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
Star City has just lost another set of Perky Canaries. The other is somewhere in time.

What's a city to do?!

God damn it whats with arrow and flash taking breaks every 2 eps.. feels like i'm watching Stevens Universe or something with this schedule

Wicked promo though, looking forward too seeing how the team coops with the death.

Yeah it's really annoying. I've said it before but they really should have used Legends as a mid-season break for Flash/Arrow like Peggy Carter with SHIELD.

shanafan

Ok, I am not on all the up on Arrow talk on the internet, but what is an Olicity shipper? Someone who wants to see their relationship move forward?

I'd understand maybe killing Diggle, or Felicity, Detective Lance, or Felicity's mom. Hell, you could kill Thea if you need to. It's not like the sidekick role can't be filled by someone like Arrowette or even Young Justice's Artemis.

You could've told interesting stories with Black Canary, and instead squandered her.

Fucking hell, this show.

Maybe if she had her own show but not on arrow.

Great episode up until the end.
Then Felicity showed up.

She was the only character I still enjoyed. I'm done supporting the show.

Ok, I am not on all the up on Arrow talk on the internet, but what is an Olicity shipper? Someone who wants to see their relationship move forward?

It's so forced and full of shit nobody is actually believing it, so it still counts as shipping.

Johndoey

Banned
Shipping is when your invested in a romantic relationship between two (or more!) characters in something. So yes Olicity shippers are focused on Olly/Felicity, or the other biggest ship Thea/Oliver so on and so forth. The original major ship from way back is probably Sherlock Holmes/John Watson.

A shipper is a person who wants to see two characters get together on a show.

Usually, shipper form groups based on their preferred relationship (Ship) and these groups end up under name derived from the two characters involved. Oliver + Felicity = Olicity. Fans care way too much about their ship names.

shanafan

Shipping is when your invested in a romntic relationship between two (or more!) characters in something. So yes Olicity shippers are focused on Olly/Felicity, or the other biggest ship Thea/Oliver so on and so forth.

Hmm oh ok, thanks!

Usually, shipper form groups based on their preferred relationship (Ship) and these groups end up under name derived from the two characters involved. Oliver + Felicity = Olicity. Fans care way too much about their ship names.

Oh holy cow! I don't even know where to start with that list, lol. I guess I am a Captain Canary shipper then.

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs

Good Lord. Not even I would have ship/slash many of those...until now ;-)

Shaanyboi

Banned
Maybe if she had her own show but not on arrow.
Of course she could have. One of the biggest failings of this show all season has been it doesn't know how to use its supporting cast, and as a result, the redundant main thread of HIVE and Darkh stands out all the more. There's tons they could have done with Laurel. They tried giving her more courtroom stuff in the last couple episodes, but she should've been a fucking dynamo DA all season. Give her acouple cool cases, or some compelling moral dilemmas about her position and her vigilantism. Instead, you just kinda forget she even has a job.

Instead, the dramatic storylines are a dumb relationship, Andy being in a cage for like 6 episodes straight, and... Ollie sorta running for Mayor, but doing a shit job of it?

Of course she could have. One of the biggest failings of this show all season has been it doesn't know how to use its supporting cast, and as a result, the redundant main thread of HIVE and Darkh stands out all the more. There's tons they could have done with Laurel. They tried giving her more courtroom stuff in the last couple episodes, but she should've been a fucking dynamo DA all season. Give her acouple cool cases, or some compelling moral dilemmas about her position and her vigilantism. Instead, you just kinda forget she even has a job.

This show is about arrow \ oliver .
There not going to give up so much screen time for her in court .
Plus we gone pass the phase of moral dilemmas when it come to her being a vigilant.
You could say the same for all other characters

Shaanyboi

Banned
This show is about arrow oliver .
There not going to give up so much screen time for her in court .
Plus we gone pass the phase of moral dilemmas when it come to her being a vigilant.
You could say the same for all other characters .
And it's a fucking failure now. What this show is now is nothing but a plodding messy disappointment.

Who here actually watches it with enthusiasm anymore? Nothing about what they're doing right now is working.

When she was fine at the hospital, i thought that she will survive and they will make a fake funeral to trick Darhk, but then they actually killed her. Double the heartache you motherfuckers.

And it's a fucking failure now.

Don't see how .
You can not like the storyline but it's no less than it has been .
When it comes to him .

On a side note i think this was a good move .
Maybe because i on the side that think there to many good guys on the streets fighting .
And i did not care which character they kill.

DeathyBoy

Banned
And it's a fucking failure now. What this show is now is nothing but a plodding messy disappointment.

Who here actually watches it with enthusiasm anymore? Nothing about what they're doing right now is working.

Me? But I rarely post because this thread is absolute garbage, full of people bitching about the show incessantly and making it a chore to post. Which in turn leads people who do like the show to bow out, because why would they willingly read page after page of 'LOL, FUK ARROW, I'M NOT BACK FOR SEASON 5 LOL.'

Except me. But I'm an optimist.

Me? But I rarely post because this thread is absolute garbage, full of people bitching about the show incessantly and making it a chore to post. Which in turn leads people who do like the show to bow out, because why would they willingly read page after page of 'LOL, FUK ARROW, I'M NOT BACK FOR SEASON 5 LOL.'

Except me. But I'm an optimist.

I still have fun watching it also and like posting here even if thread crazy at times lol.
Still the truth is i don't enjoy it as much as season 1 and 2 .
Then again i don't enjoy flash season 2 as much as 1 .
And LOT never really get me because TT stories are hardly done good.

Ollie does know the "Neck pinch to make people look dead for an hour" trick...
I think she got something from Nyssa. I doubt that she wanted Oliver to hand her just that picture. She took something and only told Oliver so he could sell it. His emotional response was because his feelings for her are coming back, not because she's dead.

You don't go from "she'll be fine" to "surprise she's dead!" without something fishy going on. Particularly with some secret unheard conversation between her and Ollie. Plus, there's too many loose threads with her personal relationships with other characters.

KonradLaw

I was thinking - Why the fuck didn't they move the idol to some other place? Why? why? Why? But then it turned out they're weren't that dumb and I was "thank God".
And Oliver with Batman level of paranoia was awesome, even if he couldn;t keep it up long enough :)

Also "THis city has enough heroes with masks on".. Oliver speaking for the damn audience.

Anyway, good episode. Altough the leaks spoiled the surprise. Surprisingly felt a bit sad about Laurel dying, especially since this episode could have ended her superhero career. If they offed Diggle it would be just Olie and Thea in the team, which would be optimal.

If they offed Diggle it would be just Olie and Thea in the team, which would be optimal.

Immagine.jpg

This photo has me wanting to see Dig work with Lance. Maybe Lyla should start having a more active ARGUS presence in "flashpoint" cities, and Diggle could be appointed the SCPD's ARGUS liason? that would have him hang up the Spartan helmet and help Oliver in a more official capacity.

Laurel is the only character that has shown sustained character growth. Other characters have made strides but they all seem to fall back into the same patterns. Anyway, I do honestly think this is a fake out so I'm not gonna get bent out of shape yet.

P.S. Malcolm is a terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom