• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skux

In a way I'm glad that Laurel is gone.

The show was overcrowded with masked vigilantes. It had reached a point where there was no more Green Arrow/Oliver Queen duality, because every main character was now on Team Arrow going out on missions together.

After Laurel mended her relationship with her dad and became the Black Canary, her arc was over. The possibility of a relationship with Oliver was destroyed a long time ago. Her relationships with Sara and Nyssa had played themselves out.

She got along too well with everyone, she had no development anymore, and no tension with the other main characters. All she was being used for was pep talks and asides with Ollie when Felicity wasn't available.

There's a right time for a character to leave a show. The writers got it right with Moira and Roy. They still haven't got it right with Malcolm. And they were late with Laurel.

She got a fitting send off with her character in the last few episodes and overall I'm happy with how the character turned out.

With Laurel gone, the show gets a bit more breathing room for the rest of its cast, or even opens the door for someone new next season.

Volimar

I've had it with Olicity shippers. Thankfully, I know just the person to take care of them all.

bqnYtuz.gif

Magwik

Banned
So at this point there really is no way Ollie and co can defeat Dahrk and Merlyn on their own. They need to call in Constantine (I'm still a believer) or Vixen to lend a hand.

I can't get over the fact she used her final moments to prop motherfucking Olicity.

Also once again, flashback are the worst and flashback Oliver is badly written.

ZeroX03

Banned
So at this point there really is no way Ollie and co can defeat Dahrk and Merlyn on their own. They need to call in Constantine (I'm still a believer) or Vixen to lend a hand.

Taiana should be due to arrive in the present day soon, although her actually dying was foreshadowed this episode so maybe they'll buck the trend.

Taiana should be due to arrive in the present day soon, although her actually dying was foreshadowed this episode so maybe they'll buck the trend.
Wait, she's gonna appear in the present?

To be honest, I'm expecting her to die and then Oliver will fulfill her promise of going to Russia. Then he meets Anatoly, learns how to speak fluent Russian, gets the Bratva tattoo and learns to fly a plane before he goes back to the island.

ZeroX03

Banned
Oh island lady has a name?

She's loosely based on a character from this book. Note the writer's name!

Wait, she's gonna appear in the present?

To be honest, I'm expecting her to die and then Oliver will fulfill her promise of going to Russia. Then he meets Anatoly, learns how to speak fluent Russian, gets the Bratva tattoo and learns to fly a plane before he goes back to the island.

I'm just assuming she'll appear in the present.

Next year in Russia should be weird. They might time skip over it though.

I'm just assuming she'll appear in the present.

Next year in Russia should be weird. They might time skip over it though.
Yeah, I feel like the show might gloss over a lot of it. Oliver has a ton left to learn of knowledge he has come season 1, and I just have an inkling that when we start the year 5 flashbacks he'll have learned a lot off-screen.

I mean, I am curious though to know how Oliver ends up presumably to Russia to then being back on the island. Curiosity that will probably have a badly written answer, but still curiosity.

Khezu

So is Mac self inserting as Felicity or is their some crazy twitter/tumbler audience that is hella pro Felicity that I'm not aware of?

I'm just not sure how anyone could actually enjoy that character after all this.

Magwik

Banned
So is Mac self inserting as Felicity or is their some crazy twitter/tumbler audience that is hella pro Felicity that I'm not aware of?

I'm just not sure how anyone could actually enjoy that character after all this.
Go to Twitter and do a search for Olicity, find the answer for yourself.

Magwik

Banned
You can at least change the thread title ;p
Arrow Season 4 |OT| Laurel and Tommy sitting in a tree, shipping O-L-I-C-I-T-Y

Do you folks actually have a new thread title you want to use?

I'll give you that much, as the Guggenheim has taken away.

Also, Dahrk took two arrows to his abdomen from Thea, but had more than enough time to casually walk around and cast a magic spell. Laurel gets one arrow in her (stabbed not even shot) and is dead. Logic.

But OLIBURRRR

When felicity showed up I checked out, EBR is good but her character is beyond salvaging, and the "Shippers" have ruined this show

After all of what ?
I don't like or dislike her ( same for most characters )and she has done nothing this season to change that .
In fact last season she was more annoying with her crying .

Some of you guys crazy with the hate lol.

How about that? It was just a matter of take Felicity out of the picture to the series gain some traction again.

Let's just hope that they keep it that way.

PreFire

Lol almost went a whole episode without Felicity.

I don't think Laurel is dead. Camera cuts off when she's telling Ollie a secret, all of a sudden she's dying when the doctors said she's gonna be fine. On top of that, Ollie seemed upset by the way his friends and her father were reacting to her supposed death.

I think Oliver would be much more upset than he showed when Captain Lance walks in.

Maybe Laurel thinks faking her death will somehow be beneficial to capturing Dahrk. Who knows lol

Arrow has been a much better show than last year, but reading the fan reactions is even more enjoyable.

Olicity for life. Great couple, or greatest couple?

shoreu

Man I'm glad she's dead been wanted her gone. Let's get Thea and felicity off the team. And let Oliver become awesome again.

The show is way too bloated with drama and it needs to stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom