• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magwik

Banned
Nah they'll just do something as equally as disrespectful to the character. Which I think they already have someone cast for the bill.

It was his secret to tell and even if he had told it he would have not given up anything .
But he was to selfish to risk it .
Even after barry gave him a second chance to handle things better .
Then after he found out merlyn knew and he chop off his hand and take away LOA from him.
After thea found out or after the women he love nearly died .
Also Laurel is not the one getting married to him and this effect Felicity more than any other character.

No it was not his secret. Felicity is a self centered piece of shit who made the whole thing about her 10 minutes after Oliver found out.

Nah they'll just do something as equally as disrespectful to the character. Which I think they already have someone cast for the bill.

Nah once it done good it can work since it's something happens even in comics.
Still chances are they going to fuck it up .

No it was not his secret. Felicity is a self centered piece of shit who made the whole thing about her 10 minutes after Oliver found out.

It was his secret to tell and it won't even have matter if he told her .
No one is not saying she was not selfish and fuck up the first time it happen .
But so was oliver when he decide he not going tell her shit after the reset .

The whole thing was stupid and makes no fucking sense.
Same can be said for few things this ep .

Well, we already know that (Flash preview spoilers)
we're getting Laurel's earth 2 counterpart, who's an ex-JSA member to boot.
So if they do with her like I think they will, there won't be much room for Felicity to pick up the mantle.

Well, we already know that (Flash preview spoilers)
we're getting Laurel's earth 2 counterpart, who's an ex-JSA member to boot.
So if they do with her like I think they will, there won't be much room for Felicity to pick up the mantle.
The show would completely jump the shark if Felicity actually became Black Canary.

Nah once it done good it can work since it's something happens even in comics.
Still chances are they going to fuck it up .

It was his secret to tell and it won't even have matter if he told her .
No one is not saying she was not selfish and fuck up the first time it happen .
But so was oliver when he decide he not going tell her shit after the reset .

The whole thing was stupid and makes no fucking sense.
Same can be said for few things this ep .

The secret is not his, it´s his baby mama. He can´t tell her because of the ultimatum. He has done nothing wrong in this scenario.

LowerLevel

Lol almost went a whole episode without Felicity.

I don't think Laurel is dead. Camera cuts off when she's telling Ollie a secret, all of a sudden she's dying when the doctors said she's gonna be fine. On top of that, Ollie seemed upset by the way his friends and her father were reacting to her supposed death.

I think Oliver would be much more upset than he showed when Captain Lance walks in.

Maybe Laurel thinks faking her death will somehow be beneficial to capturing Dahrk. Who knows lol

I agree. I bet the favor was for some Luan Yu Island weed that put her at ease...

Joni

That death was hard. A lot harder than I expected. The moment Oliver and Lance cracked, that was heartbreaking. There has been no death this year that hit that hard.

On a lighter note:
- Arrow sitting in the car shows why he needs the motor. He looks bad.
- Damn good job Laurel and Thea on security. Just go sit in an open spot in the park. It is safer.
- Thea's stunt double is great, that first malcolm fight was amazing. Laurel's league fight also great.
- Stupid Diggle. But at least I was right that Andy might be one of the 'him's that Oliver wants to kill.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
egXGz4r.jpg

KFCdZBF.jpg

Tace

Given the writers and how they developed the show, I understand why they chose Laurel.

That being said, fuck this show. I see now the show will never escape the shadow of Felicity and he will never be the Green Arrow from the comics. Thank God for Flash.

Isn't it his fault for not throwing the idol into the ocean asking Barry to drop it in a volcano?

Why did they keep that thing

At the very least I don't understand only breaking off one piece, putting it in Diggle's care, knowing his blindspot for his brother, and just leaving things like that. Oliver could very easily have kept another broken piece stashed somewhere else if he wants it that badly and is already okay with it not being completely intact.

I hate that Oliver never ever fucking ever Says it's none of your fucking business stop asking me about it.

I hate this so so much, the show just always treats Felicity's selfishness like she's morally correct or some shit when she's really really not. Nobody in the show ever stands up to her, it's unreal.

I've sort of fell off the Arrow wagon. The last episode I saw was when Nyssa returned (and so did Roy). Does the show become thrilling and engaging again?

As a point of comparison, I watch Flash promptly when a new episode comes out, and enjoyed the crossover immensely. Arrow S2 was marvelous, and I even remember the grimness of S1 fondly.

GODDAMNIT at the ending. Just saw the show here.

WTF are they thinking? Green Arrow without Black Canary? That's just stupid.

Should have just killed off Felicity damn it.

xenist

"Oh Ollie, Felicity is so awesome!"

Dies.

What great writing. This is post season five Supernatural levels of pandering to the shippers. And just like that show I'm done with this one too.

It's just stupid the idol was actually kept in their lair. The lair in which a billion and one League of Jobbers can just drop in with easy. Hide it in the least likely place ever. Toss it behind a dumpster, fucking put it on Lian Yu like Boomerang or Slade.

I really want Laurel to have told Oliver of some plan that she had to save herself and fake her death but odds are it'll be some bullshit where in the finale after Darhk is defeated he goes to Felicity and says something along the lines of "before she died Laurel told me...she told me to take the chance when it comes to the love of my life." Oliver springs a surprise wedding and gives Felicity Laurel's Black Canary outfit as a wedding gift from Laurel who made Oliver promise to train Felicity some bullshit.

Joni

It's just stupid the idol was actually kept in their lair. The lair in which a billion and one League of Jobbers can just drop in with easy. Hide it in the least likely place ever. Toss it behind a dumpster, fucking put it on Lian Yu like Boomerang or Slade.
On the other hand: keep the thing in plain sight and nobody goes wonder where the actual power-crystal is located.

Am I the only one that thought the acting were on point during the finale scenes?

Everyone brought their shit.

The only part that broke the tension for me was Ollie stumbling in the hall , then quick cut to Lance who started stumbling. Looked like it was contagious lol. That's more on the editor but still funny.

I really want Laurel to have told Oliver of some plan that she had to save herself and fake her death but odds are it'll be some bullshit where in the finale after Darhk is defeated he goes to Felicity and says something along the lines of "before she died Laurel told me...she told me to take the chance when it comes to the love of my life." Oliver springs a surprise wedding and gives Felicity Laurel's Black Canary outfit as a wedding gift from Laurel who made Oliver promise to train Felicity some bullshit.

tumblr_nz9qjoM4Tf1uk94u3o1_250.gif

I hate this so so much, the show just always treats Felicity's selfishness like she's morally correct or some shit when she's really really not. Nobody in the show ever stands up to her, it's unreal.

The secret is not his, it´s his baby mama. He can´t tell her because of the ultimatum. He has done nothing wrong in this scenario.

Felicity's reaction is not wrong, Oliver was an asshole. His actions could be justified prior to the reveal but after the secret was out his further actions paint him as a massive asshole. First, if you want to talk about "realism" Oliver should know that his ex-GF can't deny him visitation rights of his son. If he wanted William in his life all he would have to do is go to any court and they would grant him shared custody and at the minimum visitation rights. You cannot deny a biological father the ability to at least see their child.

Second, the whole "not telling anyone" was already broken once Malcolm and Thea found out so at that point he could have just told Felicity and told her to be quiet about it. He didn't. Instead, he told everyone except Felicity about William, you know the person he's supposed to be marrying. Do people not understand that Felicity learning that Oliver has a son completely changes the dynamic of their relationship as it also means she becomes a step-mom? It also means that Oliver has familial responsibilities that extend beyond their relationship for the rest of his life.

Finally, the most important aspect of the whole situation is Oliver's decisions after Felicity finds out, mainly his decision to ship William far away. He made this decision completely on his own, consulting just Diggle and Vixen (some chic he barely knows). At no point did he think to include Felicity in this discussion. This is a HUGE fuck up and a real asshole thing to do. Again, she is supposed to be his wife and thus partner in all things especially personal stuff. The existence of William, as mentioned previously, does not merely affect Oliver but Felicity as well. If Oliver kept William then he would become apart of Felicity's life and she would partly be responsible for him. This is not something she ever initially signed up for but at the very least I would think she would feel entitled to be a part of the discussion about something that would so drastically affect her life.

Oliver chose instead to ship William away without informing Felicity about any of it as if it didn't concern or affect her in anyway and then acted like it wasn't a big deal. It was a BIG deal and Felicity was right to leave him because of it. I swear it's like some of you gaffers don't understand relationships? Like just imagine your SO telling you that they've had a secret child all these years that they haven't told you about and then a day later tells you they've decided to send that child away to live with their other parent for the foreseeable future and no you don't get to meet them. Would you just be fine with that?

"Oh Ollie, Felicity is so awesome!"

Dies.

What great writing. This is post season five Supernatural levels of pandering to the shippers. And just like that show I'm done with this one too.

Supernatural season 11 so far has been up there with seasons 4 and 5. Seriously, it is awesome again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom